Tor - Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor - Miami

Haven't seen many people mention this guy, so I figure I may as well put his name out for discussion.

Toronto gets: Loul Deng

Miami gets: GV and T. Ross

Toronto gets a major upgrade at sf. Deng is a great defender and pretty good offensively. Shoots well enough from three to.

Miami gets a youth and a decent pg. Miami may ultimately want a better pg cause he is starting in theory, but i'd say GV is an upgrade over anyone they currently have. Ross can step in and be a good shooter for them while giving them a piece for the long term potentially.

Overall I like it for the Raps, but I imagine Miami is looking for a better pg (Lawson, Reggie Jackson, Isaiah Thomas)

Too much for Deng, he can opt out, watched him play this year - he is a good team player, too many turnovers, Harris is better value IMO.

TRoss + GVasquez + Fields= Deng + Chalmers

Comment

Well need a pg if we give up Vasquez... Anyone really , Lou doesn't cut it as a ball handler for the second unit
      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Chalmers + Deng+ Anderson = GV + TRoss+ Fields+ Hayes + 2015 1st round pick

KL / Chalmers
        DD/ Lou W
        Deng/ JJ / Bruno
        Amir / PPat / Hansborough
        JV/ Anderson / BeBe

For 2015/16 salaries excluding Lou and Amir $60 million for 11 players including minimum for Deandre Daniels. Paying 2/13 million to Lou and Amir for 2/15 bringing a total salary for 13 players at $74 million. Still looking for a 3rd Guard.
        Last edited by Heatdreamer; Tue Feb 17, 2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
          Chalmers + Deng+ Anderson = GV + TRoss+ Fields+ Hayes + 2015 1st round pick

KL / Chalmers
          DD/ Lou W
          Deng/ JJ / Bruno
          Amir / PPat / Hansborough
          JV/ Anderson / BeBe

For 2015/16 salaries excluding Lou and Amir $60 million for 11 players including minimum for Deandre Daniels. Paying 2/13 million to Lou and Amir for 2/15 bringing a total salary for 13 players at $74 million. Still looking for a 3rd Guard.
          Id try to save all the picks we can. MU is supposed to be really good at scouting and drafting, so I want to maximize his opportunity for finding a gem. I liked the earlier one without Anderson more. Didn't realize Deng could opt out, I'd still like to see this happen.

Comment

The team requires a backup Center who rebounds and is a team player with normal hair now. Charmers is a good enough scorer off thr bench . Deng is a big body .

There is more than enough bench now of a higher quality and more mature. If MU can get away without giving up a first - good for him.

Comment

The team requires a backup Center who rebounds and is a team player with normal hair now. Charmers is a good enough scorer off thr bench . Deng is a big body .

There is more than enough bench now of a higher quality and more mature. If MU can get away without giving up a first - good for him.
              I just think its asking too much to get a backup center too, without giving up a pick, which I don't want to do.

Comment

Do you want a shot at the conference finals? And who knows after that.

So give up a 1st round in. 2016. Still leaves TO with 3 -1st rounders from 2015-17 plus Bebe & Bruno. That gives 5 players on entry contracts. This team needs chemistry so bringing three players who have played together will be beneficial for the playoff run and the following two years. Normally , it is a three year window for a team.

Just remember JV is 22 years old and he has played all summer and so he may have hit a wall, that is why Anderson is important.

Comment

Do you want a shot at the conference finals? And who knows after that.

So give up a 1st round in. 2016. Still leaves TO with 3 -1st rounders from 2015-17 plus Bebe & Bruno. That gives 5 players on entry contracts. This team needs chemistry so bringing three players who have played together will be beneficial for the playoff run and the following two years. Normally , it is a three year window for a team.

Just remember JV is 22 years old and he has played all summer and so he may have hit a wall, that is why Anderson is important.
                  JV also only plays 26 minutes a game. A good backup center does not move the needle that much honestly. Anderson would play 10-15 min per game, that is not worth a first round pick. MU is a great talent evaluator and made his name in the league as a scout. By keeping 1st round pick it maximizes his chances at landing a great talent in the draft.

Comment

Fuck Anderson, go after Whiteside.

Comment

TO has three 1st round picks. Hayes and Hansborough do not hold a candle to Chris Anderson, who gives 15-20 minutes a night for the Heat and understands team play, he can block shots , take charges and he is the perfect backup center and will help in the development of JV. Chris 's game has improved in multiple aspects and he does not have an expectation of being a starting center.

JV has a window of maturation that is protected by Anderson . Finally , Amir will not be worn out because JV can't play 32 minutes a game. Much better front court rotation.

This deal gives depth in the SF with Deng and JJ ( especially on defense) and stronger rebounding .

The team after the miami trade will give Raptors the following benefit for thr playoffs: SF,PF and C will wear out the opposition.

Comment

That deal is not going to happen. Riley is honorable but not stupid.

Comment

Yeah I dont think any trade would happen, but I still think that Anderson is not worth a first round pick. I guess we can disagree on that?

Comment

Agree to disagree, more importantly, this would be a good trade if the Raptors doesn't have to give up for a 1st round pick

Comment

Working...
                            X