Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015-16 Free Agency - Who do we Target ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015-16 Free Agency - Who do we Target ?

The trade deadline at this writing shows every indication that we won't be making any "big" moves. Free Agency is down the road in approximately 5 months where the next opportunity to make a splash comes. Who should we target with our cap space ?

Do we add a new dimension at PF with a low post player ?
    UFA's include Greg Monroe and Paul Milsap. Lamarcus Aldridge is available but is very likely to sign with Portland and get paid and stay in a good situation.

Do we add at the SF position ?
    UFA's include Aaron Affalo, Demarre Carroll
    RFA's include Tobias Harris, Draymond Green

Do we bolster the C position and make an offer to UFA Omer Asik ?
    PF - Greg Monre (UFA)
    50.00%
    PF - Paul Milsap (UFA)
    0.00%
    SF - DeMarre Carroll (UFA)
    50.00%
    SF - Aaron Affalo (UFA)
    0.00%
    SF - Tobias Harris (RFA)
    0.00%
    SF - Draymond Green (RFA)
    0.00%
    C - Omer Asik (UFA)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    The trade deadline at this writing shows every indication that we won't be making any "big" moves. Free Agency is down the road in approximately 5 months where the next opportunity to make a splash comes. Who should we target with our cap space ?

Do we add a new dimension at PF with a low post player ?
    UFA's include Greg Monroe and Paul Milsap. Lamarcus Aldridge is available but is very likely to sign with Portland and get paid and stay in a good situation.

Do we add at the SF position ?
    UFA's include Aaron Affalo, Demarre Carroll
    RFA's include Tobias Harris, Draymond Green

Do we bolster the C position and make an offer to UFA Omer Asik ?
    I read that draymond green wants to go to Detroit cause that's where he's from. I imagine it will be between that and gs for him. I bet they try to up Ross' trade value and then trade him to better sf or pf. Not sure who you go for tho

Comment

Kawhi Leonard Kawhi Leonard Kawhi Leonard Kawhi Leonard Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Luis Scola or Tristan Thompson, Khris Middleton or Tobias Harris at Sf push TRoss to backup 2. Look for Amir to backup JV.

Comment

Tobias Harris or Kawhi Leonard, Get rid of Ross and have JJ be our primary backup SF for years to come.

1) Sign Tobias Harris 4 years 50million dollar contract
          2) Trade Ross + 2Pat for Tristan Thompson (sign and trade)+ Joe Harris + 2nd round pick
          3) Sign Lou Will 2 years 6 million dollar contract, take it or leave
          4) Sign Amir Johnson 3 years 10 million dollar contract and have him be our primary backup C
          5) Draft Bobby Portis or Trey Lyles or Christian Wood and groom him to be our backup PF while use 2nd round pick to draft a third string PG like Nigel Williams Goss, Juwan Staten, or Chasson Randle or Andrew Harrison
          6) Sign LR Mbou Moute 2 years 5 million dollar contract
          7) Get rid of Coach Casey and acquire Jeff Van Gundy

2015-16 Roster
          Lowry/Vazquez/Cleveland's Pick
          DeRozan/Lou Will/Harris
          Harris/JJ/Bruno
          Thompson/Raps Pick/LR Mbou Moute
          Val/Amir/Bebe

We should have a championship roster next year.
          Last edited by tenforthewin; Sat Feb 21, 2015, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Poll should be open.... I want Carroll.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Bring Tobias Harris to the 6ix.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                Luis Scola or Tristan Thompson, Khris Middleton or Tobias Harris at Sf push TRoss to backup 2. Look for Amir to backup JV.
                I really like Middleton. Playing well in Milwaukee and would be great for the team. I would rather have him than Harris.

Comment

Khris Middleton would be the perfect fit for this team

He's 6'8" SF/SG

- Great defense
                  - Deadly shooting stroke
                  - Only 23 years old

Offer him a 4 year 44 Mil

Some might think that's an overpay but with the new CBA it won't be.

I'm a consistent starting role he'd get you between 15-18 points 5 rebounds and a couple assists while playing James Johnson esque defense.

Middleton is everything TRoss should've been
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Khris Middleton would be the perfect fit for this team

He's 6'8" SF/SG

- Great defense
                    - Deadly shooting stroke
                    - Only 23 years old

Offer him a 4 year 44 Mil

Some might think that's an overpay but with the new CBA it won't be.

I'm a consistent starting role he'd get you between 15-18 points 5 rebounds and a couple assists while playing James Johnson esque defense.

Middleton is everything TRoss should've been
                    Issue is he has a TO this season in Milwaukee. He might stay. Plus, he's a RFA.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Issue is he has a TO this season in Milwaukee. He might stay. Plus, he's a RFA.
                      TO? What do you mean by that? You mean QO (qualifying offer)?

Anyway, he's a good guy to pursue. And he's a bit under the radar, so he might not cost the high price MACK11 is willing to pay for him. RFA makes things cloudy, but he's one of the more intriguing options this summer.

Comment

Surprised Wesley Matthews isn't in the poll.. I say drop Lou and go after Wes. Better shooter and defender. And might be cheap considering Portland has to give Aldridge the max.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          TO? What do you mean by that? You mean QO (qualifying offer)?

Anyway, he's a good guy to pursue. And he's a bit under the radar, so he might not cost the high price MACK11 is willing to pay for him. RFA makes things cloudy, but he's one of the more intriguing options this summer.
                          He's a big part of the Bucks' defense this year, I think with the RFA, an overpay might be what it takes, and even then I don't think Milwaukee refuses to match
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                            He's a big part of the Bucks' defense this year, I think with the RFA, an overpay might be what it takes, and even then I don't think Milwaukee refuses to match
                            He's a big part, sure...but Parker will be back next year. Giannis starts. They already have 50M in commitments, and if they feel they have to address other things too, it might just be a situation where they're not that obsessed with keeping him.

He's not a Butler, Leonard or Green, and nor is his team even close to being as much of a contender as any of theirs. I don't think it's that easy a situation to read.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Surprised Wesley Matthews isn't in the poll.. I say drop Lou and go after Wes. Better shooter and defender. And might be cheap considering Portland has to give Aldridge the max.
                              Meh. I think Wes just rubs some people the wrong way. He's a loudmouth and a whiner. Good player for sure, but kind of annoying.

Comment

Working...
                              X