Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post deadline reaction: are you glad Masai stood pat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Loul Deng was available from the Heat. I'm a huge "Trade Ross" guy. I don't like him as a SF, never will.

A few other SF's were up on the market too. Also, look at all the PG's that were dealt. GV could've gone for a better defender no problem if teams really wanted a playmaker.

Not to mention guys that can be a backup C instead of Steamer.

WE had options. WE didn't use them. WE had a chance to be a true contender this year. Now we'll be lucky to make the 2nd round.
    WE didn't do shit.

Ya know?

I like Toronto's GM, I figure he has a lot more insight into all this shit than we do, so yeah.... I'm happy.

Making moves, just to make moves, so Message boarders and media types have something to chat about aint smart.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Simply put, I think the Raps long term plan is kyle at the 1, demar at the 2 and JV at 5. One current allstar, one recent allstar, one (hopefully) future all star. Everyone else are movable pieces. Even those three could be traded for a player of equal or greater value but let's start with that. We have plenty of possible bench pieces. The goal over the next 1-2 years will be to find a starting 3 and a starting 4. No moves made today would have addressed that. We have not impeded the overall plan. That's good enough for me.
      I think that is a pretty good assessment. Chemistry is important and it makes sense to stand pat at this point.

Comment

Standing pat just means there wasn't any deal worth making imo. I think we can trust Masai enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm ok with it.

Still a lot of question marks about the team that needs to (and can) be answered by playing the rest of the season before deciding who needs to stay, who needs to go and who to go after. Basically the most important move we can make the 2nd half of the season is more internal growth from our players.

Comment

Someone put Cody on suicide watch STAT! Dudes losing his mind. No one expected this team to compete for anything and Ujiri himself has said he doesn't know what this current record means but that he intends to find out.

Sounds fair enough to me. Chill the duck out
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            WE didn't do shit.

Ya know?

I like Toronto's GM, I figure he has a lot more insight into all this shit than we do, so yeah.... I'm happy.

Making moves, just to make moves, so Message boarders and media types have something to chat about aint smart.
            You mean he's got more insight than some msg board warriors and media types who question him drafting Bruno? lol.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              You mean he's got more insight than some msg board warriors and media types who question him drafting Bruno? lol.
              You got him there haha

Comment

I'm not disappointed that we stood pat, not really. I was hoping we'd pick up a minor piece, but it didn't happen and given how much other teams were spending I expect the opportunities for minor improvements at reasonable cost were slim indeed.

Besides, there's going to be a round of buyouts in the next couple weeks, and at that time we'll have another chance to make some minor temporary upgrades if Masai and Casey think we need them.

Comment

I was hoping we could have gotten something out of Lou Will.
                  He seems like a short term piece that was meant to get his value at an all time high, to be flipped.
                  His play doenst seem sustainable, and maybe we could have gotten a young backup C or a stud in the rough.

But thats not such a bad thing that we kept him. He might help us in the playoffs, he has been crucial for us in a lot of games to toss for a future player.

Comment

I'm indifferent as well, but I'm surprised that Masaii didn't make any moves at all. Being that he has a background in scouting you would think there was a small move or two he could have made to strengthen an area of weakness. Would have thought outside of the draft that trade deadline is the closest thing to Christmas to a GM like him.

Comment

People angry @ Ujiri should take a serious look @ PHI.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        I'm indifferent as well, but I'm surprised that Masaii didn't make any moves at all. Being that he has a background in scouting you would think there was a small move or two he could have made to strengthen an area of weakness. Would have thought outside of the draft that trade deadline is the closest thing to Christmas to a GM like him.
                        I think we just didn't have good pieces for a small move. Pretty much just Stiemsma. Our other expirings have contracts that are large and thus probably pretty difficult to move for a small piece. And I don't think (or actually he's said himself) he's the type of GM to trade young guys or picks just for a short-term move, which is probably for the best.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          I wouldnt go that far... come on!!!!!

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                            I was hoping we could have gotten something out of Lou Will.
                            He seems like a short term piece that was meant to get his value at an all time high, to be flipped.
                            His play doenst seem sustainable, and maybe we could have gotten a young backup C or a stud in the rough.

But thats not such a bad thing that we kept him. He might help us in the playoffs, he has been crucial for us in a lot of games to toss for a future player.
                            His fg% is actually lowest in his career right now, meaning if anything he might start making more shots. This is the Lou Williams he's always been, he just shoots 3 more a game and passes 4 less lol
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I'm really, really happy. The players are probably at a all time high confidence right now. It's gotta be nice to know that you're trusted. And I'm talking about guys like Ross and Hansbrough.

This team can make noise. I'm sure Ross can finish the season strong. We have a really beautiful team.

Draft night and summer will be time to upgrade via drafting, signing and trading. For the time being I'm really happy that our GM decided to stand pat.

I see a difference between last year when they were saying ''patience is the key'' and ''we don't want to rush things and we want to develop'' and now. Now we're winning. Like the Portland's and the Chicago's of this league. Winning big time. Not only one or 2 games over 500.

If there were no trade available when we would have upgraded significantly (by that I mean not Hansbrough for a future second round pick), I don't see the point. Because team spirit is freaking important. I mean even a guy like Stiemsma. He's part of the team. So trading him just to trade him is the worse thing we could have done right now.

Comment

I'm fine. Don't think anything would've moved the needle without sacrificing the future.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X