Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post deadline reaction: are you glad Masai stood pat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Blood clot in lung... really feel terrible for the guy. Hope he recovers.
    Has that been confirmed? Last I read tests were inconclusive, although smart of Bosh to get tested.

Jerome Kersey died a couple of days ago of a blood clot that ended up in one of his lungs.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Blood clot in lung... really feel terrible for the guy. Hope he recovers.
      Glad they caught it in time...dangerous stuff...I believe this was what Jerome Kersey (ex Portland player) died of last week.

Sucks for the Heat as far as their aspirations go for the season considering they were able to snag Dragic.

Comment

Yep, Miami is even worse now than before the trade. They have no replacement for Bosh. At least at PG they had Chalmers, Cole, and Napier. Who is the backup PF now? McRoberts is hurt and they traded Williams. I guess that means Haslem, who is pretty terrible at this point in his career. Whiteside is going to need to become a 30-20 guy and Wade is going to have to stay healthy for Miami to remain decent.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Yep, Miami is even worse now than before the trade. They have no replacement for Bosh. At least at PG they had Chalmers, Cole, and Napier. Who is the backup PF now? McRoberts is hurt and they traded Williams. I guess that means Haslem, who is pretty terrible at this point in his career. Whiteside is going to need to become a 30-20 guy and Wade is going to have to stay healthy for Miami to remain decent.
          The bosh situation has totally screwed the heat.

Dragic
          Wade
          Deng
          Bosh
          Whiteside

That had real potential. No depth but you don't need too much in the playoffs....assuming health.

Comment

Wow, I guess Miami isn't as dangerous as they looked a few hours ago.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Could easily see Miami landing one of the better buy-out candidates. I wouldn't be shocked if both Robinson and McGee (or Sanders) ended up in South Beach. Even if they don't, if they can resign Dragic (which I suspect they can and will) then it was a great trade for them as they gave up no real essential pieces and should be able to compete in the weak East regardless (making the picks less valuable). With no income tax, Miami will always be a popular destination for Free Agents.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yeah, hope Bosh is alright, that sort of condition is really scary.

But Miami might be hard-pressed to make the playoffs if he misses even a few weeks.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Has that been confirmed? Last I read tests were inconclusive, although smart of Bosh to get tested.

Jerome Kersey died a couple of days ago of a blood clot that ended up in one of his lungs.
                  Sorry not confirmed yet.. just read the headline and not the contents of the article. My bad. Hope its not serious. So far people are saying its not.. which is really good.

Comment

I was hoping Masai would pull off something incredible and get us front court help without moving Ross or our core. Wishful thinking! I'm happy we kept the core intact. This summer should be interesting, I'm hoping we can get something that will put us over the hump.

I'm really impressed with the way the organization is conducting their business. This is a young team that doesn't need to win it all now, we have a 5 years or more to be in the mix and hopefully grow into a contender. Create a winning culture, improve internally and then make a big splash to get us over the hump. This trade deadline showed that they do have a plan and a timeline.

Comment

• So much negative criticism about our players and now the vast majority is happy he stood pat?

Wtf?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        The bosh situation has totally screwed the heat.

Dragic
                        Wade
                        Deng
                        Bosh
                        Whiteside

That had real potential. No depth but you don't need too much in the playoffs....assuming health.
                        Absolutely. 4 athletic and highly skilled all-stars, plus an even more athletic 7-foot rim protector who just figured things out. That could have been scary good.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Absolutely. 4 athletic and highly skilled all-stars, plus an even more athletic 7-foot rim protector who just figured things out. That could have been scary good.
                          Wouldn't really call Dragic athletic. Wade also isn't as explosive anymore.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Still wondering what the fuck Philly is doing...

Seems they're completely obsessed with hitting a draft home run, don't feel they've done so yet, and are going to be constantly willing to shed assets in the hopes of doing so.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Still wondering what the fuck Philly is doing...

Seems they're completely obsessed with hitting a draft home run, don't feel they've done so yet, and are going to be constantly willing to shed assets in the hopes of doing so.
                              That's the only conclusion I could come up with.
                              Unless you're a future Top 10 player, you're bait to them.

As I said earlier, they're clearly looking for their "Blake Griffin" who can turn the entire franchise around single handedly.

Comment

• Reboc wrote: View Post
                                So much negative criticism about our players and now the vast majority is happy he stood pat?

Wtf?
                                Because sacrificing assets to add to current team is like burning your clapboard to stay warm in winter.

The team has come a VERY long way in one year and that is good but they are not contenders.

And if I am wrong on that assessment then you can still add to the current core in the summer.

Win-win

Comment

Working...
                                X