Thread: Sonny for M.I.P.?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sonny for M.I.P.?

not actually
    but kid is playing pretty far above expectations isn't he

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder he if could have made the Sophomore Team if he was playing like this before the All-Star break.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He played good, but the +/- is terrible

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets see if he is going to be carrying that swagger to next season or if he was just a flash in the pan.

He should really teach his buddy (Demar) how to shoot because the kid is still clueless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote skiele wrote: View Post
    He played good, but the +/- is terrible
    His adjusted +/- is #2 on the team:
    http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...=DESC&team=TOR

Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Demar is not a bad mid range shooter, just can't shoot from distance. Sonny for me has been a bright spot for the season of dissapointments. It's about time we develop our own players and have it work in our favour, keep up the good work Sonny!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Liston wrote: View Post
    His adjusted +/- is #2 on the team:
    http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...=DESC&team=TOR
    I mean yesterday

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote brakeman1 wrote: View Post
    I think Demar is not a bad mid range shooter, just can't shoot from distance. Sonny for me has been a bright spot for the season of dissapointments. It's about time we develop our own players and have it work in our favour, keep up the good work Sonny!
    Honestly, DeMar is getting paid over 1 million dollars to play a sport he loves and can't shoot? That's just a bulls**t excuse. Get into the gym and work on that jumpshot. I mean, I can't believe LeBron James, the "best" player in the league shoots 76% from the line? I mean, every pro should be shooting 90% from the line at least. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Adrian wrote: View Post
    Honestly, DeMar is getting paid over 1 million dollars to play a sport he loves and can't shoot? That's just a bulls**t excuse. Get into the gym and work on that jumpshot. I mean, I can't believe LeBron James, the "best" player in the league shoots 76% from the line? I mean, every pro should be shooting 90% from the line at least. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO!
    shooting a free throw is a lot harder than it looks. for some guys, including myself find it way easier to pop an open 3 pointer than to make a free throw.

i don't know what it is, but, it's something about that line.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    shooting a free throw is a lot harder than it looks. for some guys, including myself find it way easier to pop an open 3 pointer than to make a free throw.

i don't know what it is, but, it's something about that line.
    I usually make about 7-10 free throws when I go shoot around, and I play only a handful of times a year. I know there's something more to it for some of these guys, but it really shouldn't be that hard. They've been playing their whole lives.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I usually make about 7-10 free throws when I go shoot around, and I play only a handful of times a year. I know there's something more to it for some of these guys, but it really shouldn't be that hard. They've been playing their whole lives.
    There's shooting free throws, and there's shooting free throws after defending, sprinting, and jumping for 20 mins. Unfortunately, the two aren't the same.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i shoot 20/20 , 14/20, 15/20 (with no annoying friend's shouting in your face)

when they shout for example: "O'neal style", "choker" , or anything funny... I shot from
    10/20, 9/20, 11/20, and sadly once i shot..... 5/20 >_<

Its the pressure factor!!

Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Adrian wrote: View Post
    only time will tell if he becomes a better shooter. Let's see what he adds next season with one under his belt. Demar is more of a scorer that shooter.

Thread Information