Offseason Moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Sounds fine in theory, but MU will have to find a trade partner who values what DD provides. What analytics driven team would trade useful assets for a guy who can't shoot the 3 and loves taking mid-range jumpers? I'm guessing few, if any.

Unfortunately, the 3 teams that are the biggest analytics skeptics are also the 3 teams with the fewest useful assets (Nets, Lakers, Knicks).
    Lakers have Randle and, likely, a top 5 pick this year. Given the cap space that would create, I'd ship DD out for that in a heart beat.

Given DeRozan's offensive contributions are easiest to replace in the league, I think you can make up his scoring pretty easy between another SG and a better distribution of field goal attempts.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      And you expect to replace them with guys who can score like that at a high volume? Look I don't like derozan either, but I know a lot of you guys look at fg% and go "hey, take out 40% guy and distribute to all these efficient players and were laughing!" Well its not that simple. There's a reason guys like amir and jj are so efficient. They don't have to step outside their comfort zone. Watch them try and carry the load with both dd and lou gone and our team would never get to the line, make buzzer beaters and end of quarter shots, and it would just be ugly.
      I said about another post but I'm numb to these types of responses now.

If you stay in the same style of play the Raptors employ, yeah, you might have a point.

Just about every off season plan posted here starts with #FireCasey so, yes, through possibly FA signings, a redistribution of shots and assets returned via trade it might just be that simple.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Lakers have Randle and, likely, a top 5 pick this year. Given the cap space that would create, I'd ship DD out for that in a heart beat.

Given DeRozan's offensive contributions are easiest to replace in the league, I think you can make up his scoring pretty easy between another SG and a better distribution of field goal attempts.
        Imagine Demar mentored by Kobe. TS < 40%.

Comment

Simple get a big that can get his own shot in the half court. The problem raps have is that they don't have any bigs that command respect from either their teammates or opposing teams in the half court.
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Feb 26, 2015, 11:38 AM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            Imagine Demar mentored by Kobe. TS < 40%.
            haha, Kobe doesn't mentor. Kobe doesn't pass. Kobe shoots. You get the rebound and pass back to Kobe.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Sounds fine in theory, but MU will have to find a trade partner who values what DD provides. What analytics driven team would trade useful assets for a guy who can't shoot the 3 and loves taking mid-range jumpers? I'm guessing few, if any.

Unfortunately, the 3 teams that are the biggest analytics skeptics are also the 3 teams with the fewest useful assets (Nets, Lakers, Knicks).
              I think this is also what is going to keep him from that 20M a year contract as well, though. A lot are assuming DeMar is going to get overpaid in 2016 and want to trade him. What if he doesn't? He's barely in the top 10 SGs in the league right now and I think most teams know it.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

DeMar DeRozan will be a raptor lifer. By the time his contract expires he'll probably be second in Raptor scoring. Have 2 maybe 3 franchise record seasons. Most likely more playoffs wins than Chris Bosh. Would only be 26 years old too lol.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  DeMar DeRozan will be a raptor lifer. By the time his contract expires he'll probably be second in Raptor scoring. Have 2 maybe 3 franchise record seasons. Most likely more playoffs wins than Chris Bosh. Would only be 26 years old too lol.
                  Oh god don't scare me like that please
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Oh god don't scare me like that please
                    Truth hurts.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Everyone on the current team will have more playoff wins than Bosh as a Raptor. We only won 3 playoff games with Bosh. We already have that just from last season. That's not a good benchmark for anything.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Everyone on the current team will have more playoff wins than Bosh as a Raptor. We only won 3 playoff games with Bosh. We already have that just from last season. That's not a good benchmark for anything.
                        There is no good benchmarks on this team. You can lead the team in all time everything by getting high usage for 8 years.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Lakers will not trade their pick this year or for that matter even Randle for DD ( although they might give us Randle because of his injury) but for sure ( 100%) not their pick which is only top 5 protected.

To test this theory, call ESPN 710 LA ( Lakers radio) and ask them.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            Would LaMarcus be an option?
                            No. He'll either re-sign with Portland or he'll go to San Antonio (which is basically his hometown area). Players want to get paid, win games/contend, play with elite talents, and be comfortable and "home" - and in that precise order. He can get paid and contend with the Blazers or the Spurs, and he'll either be living in the same city where he's been the past seven years or in his hometown - and both teams have more star players than we do.

Comment

Trading DD means a rebuild especially when Ross has proven now that he is a NO SHOW. If you are trading DD, might as well trade Lowry too because he is not going to change his style of play.

Comment

There is no good benchmarks on this team. You can lead the team in all time everything by getting high usage for 8 years.
                                There are certain obvious benchmarks. If playoff success is supposed to be one, it's if we make it past the 2nd round. That's obvious. The team has never made it truly deep into the playoffs (conf. finals or finals).

Also, you say that like it's no small thing for someone to be on the same team for 7-8 years. That's pretty long for anyone on any team in this era (heck, in any era, but I think even more so now).

Comment

Working...
                                X