Which trade was the most lopsided?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which trade was the most lopsided?

It would appear that some front offices got fleeced while others made off thieves in the night.
    To MIL: MCW, Ennis, Plumlee To PHI: LAL pick (protected) To PHX: Knight, Kendall Marshall
    22.50%
    To DET: Jackson To OKC: D.J. Augustin, Kanter, Singler To UTA: Jerrett, Perkins, OKC pick, 2nd round
    2.50%
    To HOU: Pablo Prigioni To NYK: Alexey Shved, 2 2nd round picks
    2.50%
    To HOU: K.J. McDaniels To PHI: Isaiah Canaan, 2nd round pick
    7.50%
    To MIA: G & Z Dragic To NOP: Cole, Hamilton, S Williams To PHX: Granger, Salmons, 1st round picks
    35.00%
    To BKN: Thad Young To MIN: KG
    20.00%
    To SAC: Dre Miller To WAS: Ramon Sessions
    0.00%
    To DEN: W Barton, V Claver, T Robinson, POR pick, 2nd round pick To POR: A Afflalo, A Gee
    2.50%
    To BOS: Isaiah Thomas To PHX: Marcus Thornton, CLE pick
    5.00%
    To BOS: Luigi Datome, Jonas Jerebko To DET: Tayshaun Prince
    2.50%

The poll is expired.

I'm losing respect for Hinkie and the Sixers. At first I loved the rebuild, now it's just kind of getting silly. Hope it never works out lol
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Still not sure what 76ers are doing lol. They just traded 2 of their best young players.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Sam Hinkie worked close with Daryl Morey, so I guess that influenced the move to get Isaiah Canaan. He's trying to build the team in the analytic system that Morey created in Houston, you can see by how many shooters they have on that team now. MCW is a glorified scrub, producing numbers on a shitty team and was never in their plans of the future. KJ was on his way out after this season, so the fact that they got something in return is a bonus for them.

Comment

jonnywalker wrote: View Post
          Sam Hinkie worked close with Daryl Morey, so I guess that influenced the move to get Isaiah Canaan. He's trying to build the team in the analytic system that Morey created in Houston, you can see by how many shooters they have on that team now. MCW is a glorified scrub, producing numbers on a shitty team and was never in their plans of the future. KJ was on his way out after this season, so the fact that they got something in return is a bonus for them.
          A lot of this may be true, but building an analytic team with a bunch of nerds on laptops telling you how to play and practice will never fly. These new age freaks played way too much simulation basketball as teenagers.

And Houston may live by these rules as well, but the biggest reason FAR AND AWAY they're any good is because there best players name is James Harden.

Comment

Philly is the Edmonton Oilers of the NBA
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Ya I never believed in analytics lol, but I think that's possibly what Sam Hinkie is planning. Chuck put Morey on blast 2 weeks ago on Inside The NBA

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                Philly is the Edmonton Oilers of the NBA
                The person I feel most sorry for is Brett Brown. You do your best to motivate your young charges despite the mounting number of losses next to your name in the record books & what does the front office do? It's Sterling-Baylor all over again.

Comment

jonnywalker wrote: View Post
                  Ya I never believed in analytics lol, but I think that's possibly what Sam Hinkie is planning. Chuck put Morey on blast 2 weeks ago on Inside The NBA
                  It's definitely what Hinkie is planning I just read an extended article on him on espn. At some point you have to stop treating players like simply assets and complicated series' of calculations coming out to make PIE and PER's, and actually build a real team with chemistry.

Comment

kg is shot if I had a second choice it wo ld be philly

Comment

Philly is 5 years away from being 5 years away.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                        It would appear that some front offices got fleeced while others made off thieves in the night.
                        For those people who laugh at dumb trade suggestions just look at the Heat trade ...

Comment

For me, the worst deals were the KG trade and the I. Thomas trade.

Trading a first to acquire Thad, then sending him for KG less than a year later is pretty poor asset management.

I really don't get the Suns moving Thomas for Marcus Thornton and Cleveland's first rounder. The pick isn't going to be that high, so not really good motivation on its own. They knew that they had two starting quality PGs when they signed Thomas in the off-season, so trading him "because they acquired Knight" isn't really great logic unless they actually came to their senses and realized that 3 PGs is too many. But since they clearly are ok with 3 PGs (hence the signing), all they managed to accomplish is piss off (and decrease the value of) Dragic, who might actually be the best PG of the 4 (including Knight) that they have employed this year.

The JaVale McGee salary dumps gets an honourable mentioned and an excuse since it was two different GMs, but as a franchise, they trade Nene and a first for dumping McGee for nothing.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            For me, the worst deals were the KG trade and the I. Thomas trade.

Trading a first to acquire Thad, then sending him for KG less than a year later is pretty poor asset management.

I really don't get the Suns moving Thomas for Marcus Thornton and Cleveland's first rounder. The pick isn't going to be that high, so not really good motivation on its own. They knew that they had two starting quality PGs when they signed Thomas in the off-season, so trading him "because they acquired Knight" isn't really great logic unless they actually came to their senses and realized that 3 PGs is too many. But since they clearly are ok with 3 PGs (hence the signing), all they managed to accomplish is piss off (and decrease the value of) Dragic, who might actually be the best PG of the 4 (including Knight) that they have employed this year.

The JaVale McGee salary dumps gets an honourable mentioned and an excuse since it was two different GMs, but as a franchise, they trade Nene and a first for dumping McGee for nothing.

I suspect the Thad initial trade was because Minny thought they were going to actually have a good team. The subsequent trade for KG was because they probably felt Thad was going to use his player option and to get some good grace from their fans for a lousy season they brought back KG.

The I. Thomas trade looks terrible, but he might have been a bit of a cancer for them.. at least that's what I've heard. I'm sure they could have done better then an expiring contract and a pick.. unless they are looking at free agency for options this summer.

Comment

On paper the KG/Thad deal look the most lop sided.. but I think the one that's going to hurt the most is the Dragic to Heat for spare parts trade. Miami got rid of their worst assets and got back an all-star caliber guard.

Comment

Working...
                              X