Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Important is Lou Williams to this team ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Important is Lou Williams to this team ?

Lou is going to be FA this summer and given what we have seen this whole season, especially the last 2 games and also the down fall of the T.R., How important is for the Raptors to keep this guy ? What would be a reasonable deal be given the G.V. and P.P. 's salaries and the new TV deal coming out.

For me, he would be worth 2 year deal, 20 million deal.

3 year 21million dollar deal, last year player option

3year 24million dollar deal, last year team option

2 year 15 million dollar deal
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

I'm not sure we should give him 2/20.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Very important. 3rd best player on the team.

Re-signing him is a MUST.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
          3 year 21million dollar deal, last year player option

3year 24million dollar deal, last year team option

2 year 15 million dollar deal
          Even this sounds high. Scoring bench guards usually fall in the under $7M area, including guys like Jamal Crawford, J.R. Smith (following his 6th man of the year win) and Kyle Korver.
          Only guy I remember in that caliber that got more was Jason Terry and he spent the majority of his career as a starter.

Comment

Tough call. Lou is very important at this moment, to this very specific 'style' of offensive play, where guards are being asked to create their own offense with high degree of difficulty shots and without passing (in part to limit turnovers). If a new coach comes in, then Lou probably becomes more of a traditional Jamal Crawford / JR Smith type of player. Also need to factor in his defense, which is average at best. Tomorrow's offense could look vastly different than today's, and Lou's ball sticking could become an albatross.

Comment

Found this at Vantage Sports.

In his first season with the Raptors, the 28-year-old guard is playing stellar shot defense, providing a potent scoring punch off the bench, and getting to the line at a robust rate. On the defensive end, he also rarely gets beat back in transition.
              http://www.vantagesports.com/#story/...tors-off-bench
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Very important. 3rd best player on the team.
                JJ > Lou

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                  JJ > Lou
                  JJ is 2nd best.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    JJ is 2nd best.
                    So who's first? Amir? Our all-stars take the #1 and #2 spot (in whatever order). Not sure why I'd have to argue this.

Comment

Lowry is #1.

You may think DD is #2, I don't.

Comment

Jj > jv > kl = dd
                        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

JJ is a role player, and excelling in his role. DD and KL have the weight of the entire team on their shoulders. JJ would crumble under all that responsibility. IMHO.
                          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                            JJ is a role player, and excelling in his role. DD and KL have the weight of the entire team on their shoulders. JJ would crumble under all that responsibility. IMHO.
                            That's when we have trouble with the offence, because they seem to play this way at times, instead of trusting their teammates. Amir is very good in the PnR and an excellent finisher. JV goes long stretches without the ball.

If DD or Lowry are driving the lane or taking smart shots in the flow, I'm OK with it.

But both, and especially DD start jacking up low percentage shots with plenty of clock left. They miss more than they make, sometimes a lot more. That's where the offence stagnates many nights.

Comment

Lou is very important but he will be a hot commodity this offseason. He's proven that he's healed from his injury and is back to his 6th man of the year form. Almost any team with cap space will feel like taking a shot at signing him. My hope is Masai wraps it up early in the process before all the teams that strike out on big names come calling with whatever cap space they have left. A team like the Lakers might be willing to overpay just so they get something useful out of free agency.

Comment

Working...
                              X