Wolstat calling out the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Amir is tired and is hurt ... He needs to go to bench and we need to start 2Pat now that JJ is starting. This will give us a better 3 pointer option in the starting line up, plus a much more refreshed Amir Johnson for play offs.

As far as JV goes, he is gassed at the end of the game. We needed and still need a solid back up C to get some minutes off JV at the being of the games so JV can play more at the end.
    These changes have always been a "develop for the future" option, but they're quickly becoming a better "win now" option too.

I wanna see KL/DD/JJ/PP/JV starting and finishing games. I wanna see Amir healthy. I wanna see KL/DD/LW cut down on their low percentage shots and get more shots for the forwards. I wanna see the defense more consistently. If this same roster did all that I'd believe in a shot at a 3rd round appearance. Instead, at this rate, I fully expect the Raptors first 50+ win season to be capped by a first round whimper.
    Last edited by S.R.; Tue Feb 24, 2015, 04:04 PM.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
      Amir is tired and is hurt ... He needs to go to bench and we need to start 2Pat now that JJ is starting. This will give us a better 3 pointer option in the starting line up, plus a much more refreshed Amir Johnson for play offs.

As far as JV goes, he is gassed at the end of the game. We needed and still need a solid back up C to get some minutes off JV at the being of the games so JV can play more at the end.
      JV was gassed at the end of one game where he got 35 minutes in roughly 3 quarters. Casey easily could have managed his minutes to give him 35 and have him in for the final 5 minutes where we shit the bed. There have been way more games where JV is fresh and has been on the bench for 10 minutes plus yet we keep him on the bench. JV is only averaging 26 minutes per game, 2 less than last year. On what planet does that make sense?

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        JV was gassed at the end of one game where he got 35 minutes in roughly 3 quarters. Casey easily could have managed his minutes to give him 35 and have him in for the final 5 minutes where we shit the bed. There have been way more games where JV is fresh and has been on the bench for 10 minutes plus yet we keep him on the bench. JV is only averaging 26 minutes per game, 2 less than last year. On what planet does that make sense?
        To make things even worse, in those 2 less minutes per game, JV is shooting a higher FG% and FT%, he has more FTA per game, he is rebounding the same, he is blocking more shots, fouling less, and turning the ball over less. He has improved everywhere, and his reward is less minutes......

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          The planet made entirely of rock, that is pounded upon
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

- JV played the first 18 mins of the 2nd half. Casey's excuse why he didn't play late in the game was: "he was gassed" of course he was gassed. You played him for 18 straight mins you idiot.

- Amir Johnson played like crap last night. 6 rebs in 35 mins. Ajinca and co. shot 10/13 against him. More JV and PP late in the game. Less Amir.
            It was inexcusable that Tyler Hansbrough saw the floor only three minutes in the second half, and Chuck Hayes never got the chance to slow down Ajinca. The problems on defence at that point in the game were totally on the wings, Vasquez and Ross. Tyler was doing his job well, as per usual. If you have a bench, then use it.

Comment

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post

Sooooooooooooooooo

The issue was substitution and minutes management.

Now where have we heard these complaints before?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  The team should rest Amir for the Mavs game. It might be waving the white flag if PP is still out but probably the best for the longer term of the season.
                  We should definitely rest Amir a couple of games. I don't think it particularly matters when, so therefore I would definitely be inclined to wait until Patterson is back and fully healthy, but he's one of those players that some rest would do a lot of good.

I don't really like the high number of minutes Lowry has played this season either.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Sooooooooooooooooo

The issue was substitution and minutes management.

Now where have we heard these complaints before?
                    I think you can find those complaints in every post from last season in the JV thread or every game thread.

Casey might be stubborn.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

My conspiracy theory:

A little bird told Wolstat changes were to be made this summer as BCs vision has gone as far as it can. Wolstat is now openly critical but not too much as to jeopardize his relations for rest of season.

Why do I think this? Because no one can sit through 56 games of this this far and just now say, "y'know what? They run too much ISO." Especially after they had wrote articles defending and celebrating the style of play just a couple of weeks ago.

Superjudge disclaimer: this is not fact. Do not treat it as fact. Do not read this numerous times and believe it to be true. It is nothing more than half baked concoctions in the deeper recesses of my mind. Hahahahahahahaha

Comment

From watching the game (which I regret immensely), you needed JV when Asik was in there and you needed JV when Ajinca was in there. That's about...48 minutes. Something had to give. It would have been great to rest JV earlier but in the first half when Ajinca was walking around like a giant, I remembered hoping JV would come back into the game soon. Shows what a good back up big could do.

Comment

Are we going to rebuild, poppas, sorry, retool again this summer ?

Is it going to be the end of BC boys: DD,Lowry, Ross and ... wait, that more than half of the team is BC guys ...

What is MU going to do ? Trade Ross and Lowry and get a pass first PG ? Start Bruno at SF ?

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            My conspiracy theory:

A little bird told Wolstat changes were to be made this summer as BCs vision has gone as far as it can. Wolstat is now openly critical but not too much as to jeopardize his relations for rest of season.

Why do I think this? Because no one can sit through 56 games of this this far and just now say, "y'know what? They run too much ISO." Especially after they had wrote articles defending and celebrating the style of play just a couple of weeks ago.

Superjudge disclaimer: this is not fact. Do not treat it as fact. Do not read this numerous times and believe it to be true. It is nothing more than half baked concoctions in the deeper recesses of my mind. Hahahahahahahaha
                            No matter how half baked you are there is some sound reasoning here.

Lowry isn't the spryist of chickens, and without him none of what we do (right or wrong) works. That's not an especially sustainable plan. Lowry plays a physical style of ball and his health has to be a long term concern, cause anything less than Superkyle isn't enough right now.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              From watching the game (which I regret immensely), you needed JV when Asik was in there and you needed JV when Ajinca was in there. That's about...48 minutes. Something had to give. It would have been great to rest JV earlier but in the first half when Ajinca was walking around like a giant, I remembered hoping JV would come back into the game soon. Shows what a good back up big could do.
                              Here's the thing: that's what the Steamer's for. Is he a world beater? No. Is he a serviceable NBA backup big that can play 5-10 minutes in a game without ruining things for you? Absolutely. That's what Masai signed him for. And he's rotting on the bench while we throw away a winnable game.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Here's the thing: that's what the Steamer's for. Is he a world beater? No. Is he a serviceable NBA backup big that can play 5-10 minutes in a game without ruining things for you? Absolutely. That's what Masai signed him for. And he's rotting on the bench while we throw away a winnable game.
                                As a 15th man, I'm pretty sure Masai signed him to rot on the bench until we had an injury or two to the bigs. Do you really think Steamer is a more effective NBA player than Hansbrough?
                                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                                X