Raptors Collapse Continues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Yep. Let us go back to the now infamous cold november 2012 night. Let me know if any of this sounds familiar. Substitute "ed davis" with "jv"

First it was the fourth quarter. Then it was overtime. Then it was double overtime. Andrea Bargnani was throwing up shots — shots that were generally in the flow of the offence — and they were rimming out. There are lots of things to hammer Bargnani for, but the shots he was taking in the Toronto Raptors’ heartbreaking loss to the San Antonio Spurs do not make the list.

The reality was, though, that he could not make a shot to save his life. He finished 2 for 19 on the day, making just one of his final 13. Meanwhile, Ed Davis was having a career day, with 15 points and 14 rebounds in just 22 minutes of action. And yet, as Bargnani continued to ingest far more than his recommended daily dose of iron, he stayed on the floor.

“Andrea is not going to go 2 for 19 very many times this season,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said after the 111-106 loss. “The other night [in Detroit] he couldn’t miss. I’m going to ride with him come hell or high water.”

To which a wide swath of Raptors fans replied, “This isn’t hell?”
    Just goes to show you can't teach a old dog new tricks. In Casey's days in Minnesota (Yes folks, he was a HC before he came here), he was known for doing this with KG I think. Not sure if someone can find a quote on this, but he does drive players into the ground.
    Last edited by Cody73; Thu Feb 26, 2015, 04:54 PM.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Seriously this aren't kids. These are pros. The goal is to win as much as possible.
      Yes.. that was my line of thought as well. Just reinfocing that Wins and Losses are the only metric that matters in pro sports. As the cliche goes.... Scoreboards don't have pictures only numbers.

tDotted wrote: View Post
      I was referring to the frustrations on this forum. What you're saying is, people are unsatisfied because we expect to win everything which is untrue. I know a lot of guys (including myself) who were big fans of the team even during the shitty times.
      I think those who take the time to write in are all fans of the Raps and this season is so much sweeter in that we did live through the 22 and 60 season with faith that it would get better. It did. Here we are. Enjoy the best ride going in Toronto sports in a decade.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Yes.. that was my line of thought as well. Just reinfocing that Wins and Losses are the only metric that matters in pro sports. As the cliche goes.... Scoreboards don't have pictures only numbers.
        There's no trophies for winning the regular season.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          Thats because our backs are against the wall with no tommorow in sight as we take it one day at a time.
          - TGO

Comment

But you get rewarded with good seeding and home court advantage. Which helps you get to the trophy.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nope, but I don't know why everyone just assumes this team is going to fall flat in the playoffs either.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                They reaction hyperbole to the thread title hyperbole is nonsense. "Just enjoy the ride," "What did you expect, 82-0?" "There's so much crap in this franchise's history, just be happy for these wins." All nonsense.

The discussion here is much deeper than that. I hate shallow/dismissive replies.

This team is on a slide towards playing bad basketball that's amplifying every month as FG%, ball movement, and the ORTG continue to free fall. Key players (guards) are now nearing career lows for FG% and AST while nearing career highs for FGA. This is not a blip or a hot/cold streak. This is a systemic issue that has been worsening month over month instead of improving. This is not about a hot start, missing a couple buckets against a tough opponent, or 4 games in 5 nights. It's being suggested here that this goes back four years and is a consistent trend through every offensive focal point under Casey, including Bargs, Gay, DD, Lowry, and Lou. Right now in Sacto, Rudy "ISO Bricks" Gay is now shooting a higher FG% and 3P% than both DeMar and Lowry. He gets more assists than anyone on the Raptors other than Lowry. His FGA dropped immediately on going to Sacto and are still down 2.5-3 FGA per game from his time in Toronto.

I spent the first part of this season defending Casey because of the year-over-year W/L improvement, the work ethic these guys appear to have, and that the players seem to believe in him. I'm not on that boat anymore - win or lose, they're playing some ugly ass basketball too much of the time.

I said it before - a big part of the frustration is that this team has shown they can be top 10 at both ends of the floor. I don't think that's a hot streak, that's their ceiling. The East is historically weak, two playoff teams just lost their best players, and the ECF absolutely should be the Raptors' goal now instead of just hitting the 2nd round.

A coaching change could take this team to the next level. They have two (essentially) all-star guards and a C who's bound to be one in the next year or two. They have great depth and there's no reason a squad capable of a top 5 offense and a top 10 defense couldn't be doing what Atlanta's doing right now in a shtty conference.
                It sounds as if your so distraught that you are preparing to commit seppuku and die the honourable death of a "true" Raptor fan if the ISO plays continue and the ORTG does not improve. Maybe put a retainer down with Tory's and look into getting some jail time for Casey if ugly ball continues.

When the bell rings to start the second season we will all see if they have what it takes to take a round or two from a couple of good teams. You think they don't have a chance but 15 guys in the room think they do.

It might be heresy but perhaps a few of the hyperbole types might order in and have beers with friends this Friday to watch what should be a wildly entertaining game versus the Warriors and cheer and yell at the TV. Its just sports. Its entertainment. Your passion for this team rings through but all your going to get from your frustration is an ulcer. I said it before and I will say it again in full hyperbole..... Enjoy the best ride in Toronto sports in two decades however imperfect the team you cheer for appears to be.

Stay well Gerald.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Feb 26, 2015, 06:45 PM.
                - TGO

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  Nope, but I don't know why everyone just assumes this team is going to fall flat in the playoffs either.
                  Because this board is full of emo chicken littles who have no experience cheering for a winner.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Because this board is full of emo chicken littles who have no experience cheering for a winner.
                    pink font...?

no...? that... kinda hurt man...

Comment

• I want Emo Chicken Little to be a television series. Can we make that happen?

Keon, you may be the only person who's anti-Casey, anti-DeRozan, but still is optimistic overall about the current Raptors team. Congratulations on being unique. (Plus you have the best signature.)
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

I want Emo Chicken Little to be a television series. Can we make that happen?

Keon, you may be the only person who's anti-Casey, anti-DeRozan, but still is optimistic overall about the current Raptors team. Congratulations on being unique. (Plus you have the best signature.)
                        Haha I know I definitely battle both sides. A friend and enemy to all!

Basically, I do believe when this team plays the RIGHT WAY the sky is the limit, but I also believe Derozan is a hindrance and has been since he became the de facto go to guy. He plays the right way in maybe 30% of games and when the bright lights are on he almost never shows up.

And Casey? Don't get me started. Seems like a GREAT guy, HATE (too strong? nah) him as a coach.

Comment

I want Emo Chicken Little to be a television series. Can we make that happen?

Hold up there. I'm with him all the way, only I'm also anti-Ross. I know what this team can do. WE just need to play they WAY WE KNOW HOW.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            Hold up there. I'm with him all the way, only I'm also anti-Ross. I know what this team can do. WE just need to play they WAY WE KNOW HOW.
                            I'm anti-Ross TOO! What are your thoughts on James Johnson? Toothpicks in sandwiches: yay or nay? At the same time, let's both yell our favorite dinosaur: VELICORAPTOR!!!

Comment

I'm anti-Ross TOO! What are your thoughts on James Johnson? Toothpicks in sandwiches: yay or nay? At the same time, let's both yell our favorite dinosaur: VELICORAPTOR!!!
                              Forgot the pink font lol

Comment

Love JJ, Yay and Diplodocus actually.
                                Axel wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X