Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Sanders' Point of View

Good watch -

Seems like a good dude .. wish him the best.

Very good watch. Rooting for him to make it back to NBA someday.

Comment

Him leaving 20 mill. plus on the table speaks further to his philosophy about bb not being the most important thing in his life. Good for him. Good he made the vid. I for one had the impression he was a surly type....anything but.

Comment

I want players who are truly love the game to play, otherwise its a pain for them to go through the intensity of the NBA and its a pain for fans to watch them not enjoy themselves.

It only makes sense that players who don't value basketball in their lives retire early.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Good he made the vid. I for one had the impression he was a surly type....anything but.
          Completely agree. This changes everything for me .. I envisioned a malcontent, but he seems like the complete opposite.
          Just a dude who has a bit too much going on in his noggin to be able to dedicate himself to a craft that requires the utmost dedication.

You can also tell he is very much disenchanted with the whole "money","celebrity" thing and what it has done to his personal relationships.

Comment

...THIS is Larry Sanders? Wow.

I'm surprised at how heartfelt this was. I hope things go well for him.
            OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              ...THIS is Larry Sanders? Wow.
              Literally my exact reaction at first.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Completely agree. This changes everything for me .. I envisioned a malcontent, but he seems like the complete opposite.
                Just a dude who has a bit too much going on in his noggin to be able to dedicate himself to a craft that requires the utmost dedication.

You can also tell he is very much disenchanted with the whole "money","celebrity" thing and what it has done to his personal relationships.
                Well said....but I still cant shake his abject disregard for his dogs ...leaving them hungry and in the cold outside. Shows how mentally unstable he must really have been.

There is another sad case (Josh Hamilton - baseball) who cannot shake the cocaine & alcohol demons and in trouble with baseball again. He also has 4 kids/wife and by all accounts wants to kick the habit but just cannot. Damn.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Him leaving 20 mill. plus on the table speaks further to his philosophy about bb not being the most important thing in his life. Good for him. Good he made the vid. I for one had the impression he was a surly type....anything but.
                  Agree he sounds like a cool dude and seems to be handling it the best way he knows how. But from what I've read, he's not leaving money anywhere, he's still being paid a shade under $5 mil a year for the next little while
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Came across this in-depth piece on Larry Sanders and his battles with mental illness. Like with society at large this is a "hidden" affliction and the NBA is not exempted. There may be other cases either not identified or possibly just swept under because of the stigma. This is an informative article.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...ety-depression

Comment

Working...
                    X