X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Like I said u guys love MU to me he wasted a draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh how badly I want Bruno to become a solid basketball player and you gonna be eating crow for the rest of your life.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Oh how badly I want Bruno to become a solid basketball player and you gonna be eating crow for the rest of your life.
      I want him to do well too but it is not looking good at all

Comment

When I see Bruno getting dnp in the d league. The d league! For real, u guys still going to argue about which is the better pick.
        If the entire basis of evaluating a draft was solely based on the rookie season, then yes, you would have a point. But since players are drafted on potential and drafts need at least 3 years to really come to fruition, then no, you are just pining cause your boy didn't get picked by us.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          If the entire basis of evaluating a draft was solely based on the rookie season, then yes, you would have a point. But since players are drafted on potential and drafts need at least 3 years to really come to fruition, then no, you are just pining cause your boy didn't get picked by us.
          K so we drafted a guy to sit in the bench for the next 3 years ...right now he can't even get playing time in the d league what do u think his ceiling is? Be realist

Comment

now that we've seen more than half the season with lou williams, would he be considered a mistake by masai?

Comment

K so we drafted a guy to sit in the bench for the next 3 years ...right now he can't even get playing time in the d league what do u think his ceiling is? Be realist
              No, we drafted a guy to sit on the bench this year. Hopefully he can get some small role next year (5-7 MPG) and then in Year 3, demonstrate why we drafted him.

D-League affiliate of half the NBA isn't exactly a barometer of NBA talent, or anything for that matter.

As for his ceiling, that's really hard to say at this point. Giannis Antetokounpo would be a pretty obvious current comparable due to length and rawness.

But if you want ceiling, Anthony Davis. No reason to say that this kid can't or won't develop into a star at this point. He has great form on his 3-point shot, something most teenagers in the NBA don't have (his 3P% for teenagers in the NBA since 1999 is tied for the highest, along with Amir Johnson actually). His per36 numbers stack up well with other teens too. He has great length and his BLKper36 is between Tyson Chandler and Anthony Davis's teen seasons. These are natural talents and a great starting point.

Fact is 16 minutes isn't enough to really know yet, but he has skill and he is very athletic. So while you pine for Anderson's 2.6 PPG on 35% shooting, I'll stick with the project that is Bruno.
              Last edited by Axel; Mon Mar 2, 2015, 01:23 PM.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                now that we've seen more than half the season with lou williams, would he be considered a mistake by masai?
                Not compared to another season of John Salmons.

Comment

Don't think so.

Unlike some, I in no way blame him for the offensive culture. He's a scorer, and as has been pointed out, even he's passing less compared to other years. Clearly it's something systemic.

He's given us a huge boost off the bench, and Masai had to turn Salmons into something. He turned him into immediate help with no long-term commitment, and a young C prospect, which is never a bad thing to get a look at.

Comment

Lou Williams has been our best guard. In no way was his acquisition a mistake, especially considering we only gave up a 2nd round pick to get him (+Bebe).

Lou Williams
                    PER 19.7
                    TS% .561
                    3p% .335
                    ORtg 114

Kyle Lowry
                    PER 19.4
                    TS% .523
                    3p% .316
                    ORtg 110

Demar Derozan
                    PER 15.0
                    TS% .478
                    3p% .200
                    ORtg 99

Greivis Vasquez
                    PER 13.1
                    TS% .505
                    3p% .364
                    ORtg 104

Comment

I still dont see how masai has made any big mistakes. He's been letting this team run it's course and crash so that he can make moves and no one complains. He got rid of a few bad liabilities for actual assets (bargs for anything, salmons for anything). He didn't bring in any big salary while this team was crashing.

Now he has a fan base wanting change. He has some young talent. He has salary. He has draft picks. He has tradeable assets and no horrific contracts.

Like many have alluded to, this summer is when he makes his stamp or at least begins building the team he wants with a coach he wants. I would consider this summer a failure if all we see is resigning, same coach, draft picks that don't get playing time.

I don't see it happening though. I don't think that it's a coincidence that the media all of a sudden has "sources" that the team won't remain the same over a couple of years. Our front office is tight, that didnt get out by accident.

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
                        I still dont see how masai has made any big mistakes. He's been letting this team run it's course and crash so that he can make moves and no one complains. He got rid of a few bad liabilities for actual assets (bargs for anything, salmons for anything). He didn't bring in any big salary while this team was crashing.

Now he has a fan base wanting change. He has some young talent. He has salary. He has draft picks. He has tradeable assets and no horrific contracts.

Like many have alluded to, this summer is when he makes his stamp or at least begins building the team he wants with a coach he wants. I would consider this summer a failure if all we see is resigning, same coach, draft picks that don't get playing time.

I don't see it happening though. I don't think that it's a coincidence that the media all of a sudden has "sources" that the team won't remain the same over a couple of years. Our front office is tight, that didnt get out by accident.
                        Maybe they've been reading RR. Toronto sports media outlets aren't discussing/predicting/calling for anything that hasn't been discussed on RR since the offseason. Collective knowledge strikes again. lol

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Maybe they've been reading RR. Toronto sports media outlets aren't discussing/predicting/calling for anything that hasn't been discussed on RR since the offseason. Collective knowledge strikes again. lol

They should. We easily spend more time, as a collective, researching and analyzing trends and games. We should be ahead of the curve.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            They should. We easily spend more time, as a collective, researching and analyzing trends and games. We should be ahead of the curve.
                            You cant pay people to do this more than we already do...

Comment

Masai's one big mistake!

Bandit wrote: View Post
                              You cant pay people to do this more than we already do...
                              Exactly. Although a little money my way and I wouldn't have to waste precious time at work doing some real work. Not a lot of time mind you, just enough work to distract the bosses.

Comment

his biggest mistake has been throwing away last years draft bruno is in the d league not even playing kyle anderson went after him and is putting up 22 pts a game down there. if everyone did love MU i would say fire him
                                Good God, this is "tsn.ca' or "facebook comments section" type of intelligence
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X