If/When the Axe Falls : Interim Head Coach Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DDelight wrote: View Post
    Would Kyle and DeMar even listen to any of these coaches if they told them to stop playing selfish and pass the ball more, including to their big men
    The assumption is they like losing and are both uncoachable

Comment

DDelight wrote: View Post
      Would Kyle and DeMar even listen to any of these coaches if they told them to stop playing selfish and pass the ball more, including to their big men
      Considering Kyle did that last year, yes to Kyle.

Completely unsure about DeMar though.

Comment

DeMar wasn't playing the way he's playing now last season. His assists went up after Rudy was traded. Team USA and being selected for the all star team clearly has gotten to his head. Same for Lowry with all the all star hype.

Somehow we need a coach, whether Casey or someone else to bring them back down to earth and let them know they're best when they include everyone in the offense

Comment

I suspect KL's inability to pass is symptomatic of his inability to see over his defender. DeDe's spent the offseason working on his handles but, he's got to work on his court vision/awareness too. Is he unwilling or unable to pass the ball? I suspect it's the latter more than the former. SG's don't normally have to facilitate offenses but, when you're PG is Bogue 2.015, you're going to need a Glen Rice/Kendall Gill type backcourt player to compensate for his deficiencies.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
            I suspect KL's inability to pass is symptomatic of his inability to see over his defender. DeDe's spent the offseason working on his handles but, he's got to work on his court vision/awareness too. Is he unwilling or unable to pass the ball? I suspect it's the latter more than the former. SG's don't normally have to facilitate offenses but, when you're PG is Bogue 2.015, you're going to need a Glen Rice/Kendall Gill type backcourt player to compensate for his deficiencies.
            what????? since when does KL have the inability to pass? most PG's are pretty damn short. one of the best passers in the game was only 6'1 (stockton).

if height was the issue, then vasquez should be passing shit all over the place.

Comment

If/When the Axe Falls : Interim Head Coach Poll

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              If we must be serious in a topic that is about as likely as a black polar bear entering your living room in the next 20 seconds, nurse would be the man.
              Actually polar bears are just regular bears who, through evolution developed white fur to better hunt their prey

That being said, sterner is my choice
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I'm going with Sterner, guys fuckin O.G.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  Actually polar bears are just regular bears who, through evolution developed white fur to better hunt their prey

That being said, sterner is my choice
                  Bears
                  Bayno
                  Battlestar Galactica

Comment

Bayno

Being a developmental guy he could be a good teacher and teach these guys how to play properly

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Bayno

Being a developmental guy he could be a good teacher and teach these guys how to play properly
                      Ron Adams is supposedly a proponent of hands on teaching. I'm kinda surprised a team hasn't tried to hire him as HC. Everywhere he's gone he's been loved apparently.

Put him on the list for potential HCs.

Comment

scraptor wrote: View Post
                        bears
                        bayno
                        battlestar galactica
                        yes

Comment

How anyone could choose anybody besides Tom Sterner is beyond me.
                          Get him to share some of his coke and we'll be running guys out of the gym!

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Bears
                            Bayno
                            Battlestar Galactica
                            "Dwight: What the .. MICHAEL!!"

Literally my favourite scene from the Office.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              "Dwight: What the .. MICHAEL!!"

Literally my favourite scene from the Office.
                              I have that t shirt
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                what????? since when does KL have the inability to pass? most PG's are pretty damn short. one of the best passers in the game was only 6'1 (stockton).

if height was the issue, then vasquez should be passing shit all over the place.
                                Part of the reason why Kyle can't/doesn't run the PnR with Jonas is he is vertically-challenged.

EDIT: Stockton wasn't being defended by 6'6"/6'7" point guards. And he didn't take nearly as many shots as Lowry.

There are also size issues with Lowry. While he supposedly grew an inch between his freshman and sophomore seasons and is now listed at a respectable 6’1, he doesn’t appear to be quite that tall. Lowry’s lack of size really hurts him right now, as he isn’t an outside threat and defenders are free to sag off and focus on altering his finishes at the rim. Proving himself as a jump shooter changes everything, but if Lowry measures in under 6’0, his stock could take a bit of a hit.
                                Last edited by godkingleonidas; Mon Mar 2, 2015, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X