No announcement yet.

When will we read " Player bought out and is seeking to sign with the Raptors "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will we read " Player bought out and is seeking to sign with the Raptors "

The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to waive JaVale McGee in time for him to sign with a playoff team. The San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets and Miami Heat are mentioned as possible destinations for McGee

the Raptors are 2nd in the conference but Heat on the list ...

Only when they're contenders.

Destinations like NY, LA, or Miami will always get consideration. Cities with great traditions and good size like Chicago and Boston are on the next level unless they're currently terrible. Small markets and Toronto are at the end of the list - gotta be contenders.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
      The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to waive JaVale McGee in time for him to sign with a playoff team. The San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets and Miami Heat are mentioned as possible destinations for McGee

the Raptors are 2nd in the conference but Heat on the list ...
      Raptors are also hard capped with no exemptions I think

Comment

Rod Strickland comes to mind.

Comment

I don't get why we don't have enough love. People compare TO to big cities in the States a lot.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Raptors are also hard capped with no exemptions I think
            We're not hard capped - we are not even in the tax. We could offer the minimum, which is probably what everyone else is offering.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              We're not hard capped - we are not even in the tax. We could offer the minimum, which is probably what everyone else is offering.
              Considering Philly just ate $12M to buy him out (this season and next), I'm pretty McGee will be fine with the minimum.

Can't see SA. Pop and McGee just don't match. Houston seems logical.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                I don't get why we don't have enough love. People compare TO to big cities in the States a lot.
                Who did you have in mind? Business associations, politicians, educators, cultural enthusiasts etc etc? Basketball players I am afraid belong to a different demographic. I dont want entirely generalize obviously. eg. If you asked the Gasol bros. about Toronto and Canada, inclusive of basketball or not...one is likely to get a nuanced and knowledgeable answer. In a word its...priorities.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Who did you have in mind? Business associations, politicians, educators, cultural enthusiasts etc etc? Basketball players I am afraid belong to a different demographic. I dont want entirely generalize obviously. eg. If you asked the Gasol bros. about Toronto and Canada, inclusive of basketball or not...one is likely to get a nuanced and knowledgeable answer. In a word its...priorities.
                  Hockey and Baseball players usually say it's a great place. And other basketball players who have played here say it's a great city as well. So sports guys do enjoy the town. I just think that most aren't willing to come north due to weather and other adjustments (Family, Housing, Taxes, etc.)
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Either way, do not want Javale McGee at all....
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Hockey and Baseball players usually say it's a great place. And other basketball players who have played here say it's a great city as well. So sports guys do enjoy the town. I just think that most aren't willing to come north due to weather and other adjustments (Family, Housing, Taxes, etc.)
                      Looks like you just answered your own question

Comment

This topic has been discussed quite a bit in the forums. I'll just touch on the weather because I think it is sometimes used as a scapegoat....what about Boston, NY, Minnesota, Indiana, DC, Milwaukee, Denver, Chicago (have I missed any?) Some of these cities are worse than Toronto (this winter excepted possibly). Chris Bosh, someone with varied interests made the asinine comment about there not being any ESPN channel availability...so there you go...facepalm worthy.

As someone else said, have a good mgmt team and a winning org. and they will come. Most of the rest bs excuses will be set aside.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          This topic has been discussed quite a bit in the forums. I'll just touch on the weather because I think it is sometimes used as a scapegoat....what about Boston, NY, Minnesota, Indiana, DC, Milwaukee, Denver, Chicago (have I missed any?) Some of these cities are worse than Toronto (this winter excepted possibly). Chris Bosh, someone with varied interests made the asinine comment about there not being any ESPN channel availability...so there you go...facepalm worthy.

As someone else said, have a good mgmt team and a winning org. and they will come. Most of the rest bs excuses will be set aside.
                          Done and done. Now winning must equal conference finals or better. Best believe if we make 3rd round (I know it looks bleak right now), it won't matter who we beat to get there like many of you think, heads will turn towards Toronto fast.

People need to know that they can sign in the East, face less competition and Toronto would be the best team not led by Lebron James.

Comment

McGee is an idiot, glad he doesn't want to come here.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              They have 2M of MLE and the BAE left and 2 trade exemptions - Salmon's and Novak AFAIK and are kissing the luxury tax line with all contracts guaranteed

Comment

Working...
                              X