Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir: "Noah Plays Hard...Imma Play Harder"

From Holly Mackenzie's blog:

Noah is a player that’s fueled by his energy, similarly to yourself. What’s it like when you’ve got two of those kinds of players facing each other?: “We’re kinda like the same player, it just comes down to who outplays each other. I wanna be that one that outplays him. He’s a good player and he plays hard too, I’ve got respect for him, but Imma play harder.”
    So knee, ankle, doesn’t matter that you’re banged up?: “Doesn’t matter, imma play out there harder. Imma be the first one running down the court, first run to the basket, Imma play hard.”
    How do you approach the game tomorrow?: “You’ve got to approach it like a playoff game. Both teams are hungry to get into the playoffs, we’ve really got to bring it. I know it’s going to be a fight. We’ve got homecourt so we’ve really got to use that to our advantage.”
    Do you feel pressure, though, knowing the team needs everyone stepping up with the injuries?: “It isn’t when you know you’re going to come out and play hard everyday and give it all you’ve got. It’s really no pressure to me. Imma just go out and play hard. I’m happy with whatever comes to me. Whatever comes. Like I said, I’m going to play hard, whatever minutes I get.”
    http://blogs.thescore.com/nba/2010/0...ril-10th-2010/

This is why Amir, other than CB has become my fave Raptor. It's gonna be an awesome game! We're pullin out the win!

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!

Wow, I think I may have a man-crush on Amir after that. Love the attitude.

Comment

Might as well...he's got a looong summer ahead of him.

Comment

I must admit that I didn't know what imma meant.

1. imma

Used in place of "I am going to..." Technically should be spelled i'mma but since this is a shortened version, we leave out the apostrophe!
        Ricky said, "Imma get myself a power drink and a snack, and I'll be right back."
        http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=imma
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Amir better also tell himself "imma betteha not pick up quick and stupid fouls in this game or imma gonna be MIA"

Comment

Who's Imma?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
              Who's Imma?
              I am going to
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                Who's Imma?
                It's Amir's cousin.

Comment

It's a typo. It should read "Imam", as in "[The] imam [from my mosque will] play out there harder" and, [The] Imam [will] be the first one running down the court.

Comment

"We've got everybody not counting on us," Johnson said before the Raptors game against Detroit last night in the wake of a disheartening loss to Chicago at home the night before.

"We're kind of like the underdogs. If we do [make the playoffs], ain't nobody going to go for us against Cleveland. We've really got to go in there and just stop talking and play."
                    http://www.canada.com/sports/story.html?id=2876494

Comment

Working...
                    X