No announcement yet.

Game 61: Cleveland Cavaliers 120 - Toronto Raptors 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great game. I'll take that loss. Not much else we could have done.

To all those who were "calling" blowout, and saying you're "done with them" - I hope you regained a little faith in our boys.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      What a great game. I'll take that loss. Not much else we could have done.

To all those who were "calling" blowout, and saying you're "done with them" - I hope you regained a little faith in our boys.
      You get the award for being the perkiest cheerleader.

You're cool.

Comment

What a great game. I'll take that loss. Not much else we could have done.

funny thing that only our fans were talking about blowout tonight.

Outsiders knew(predicted) a 'single-digit' loss.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          he didnt switch. momentum killer three by smith
          Just rewatched the possession.

What happened was Lou switched off with JV onto Tristan Thompson. Then James Jones (Ross' man), set a down screen that JR popped off of, leading to the open shot.

Now, ideally we shouldn't be doing that first switch (and there was no reason for it), which cause some back-end confusion since Ross didn't recognize that Lou switched onto TT, therefor JV had JR. Basically we are screwed at that point. If Ross fights over the screen Jones would fade to the corner for the swing, where JV wouldn't be able to guard him.

This could all be solved if we didn't have a stupid defensive system. Having a simpler system eliminates little mistakes like that.

Comment

• Not sure what people are whining about this time? geez. You people never fail to amaze me.

If the Raps play like that the rest of the way they're going to be TOUGH to beat.

This is a game where you just tip your hat. LeBron James was too good. The Cavs hit some AMAZING shots in the 4th. Irving's left handed buzzer beater was unreal. JR Smith hit a 3 with Amir Johnson right in front of his face. And LeBron James hit two dagger threes late in the 4th. And his playmaking the whole game was just sensational.

Like i said this is a game where you just tip your hat.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Good game overall. DeMar didn't manage to carry over his good first half. Oh well. JV was great throughout. It was hilarious one play near the end, they tried SO HARD to get the ball to DD, CLE denied, and finally had to "settle" for a GV-JV pick and roll, which of course led to an easy layup for JV.

Puzzling that JJ didn't get in as soon as LBJ did. If you don't use all 6 of JJ's fouls slowing LeBron down, you deserve to lose when he goes off late. I mean, Ross was having a nice game, but no one on the floor was even slowing LBJ down at all. Besides JV with the monster foul - ball don't lie, ref! And if course kudos to Lou for getting hot and making this one a game - made a lot of. Ives to get to the line, which opened up his shots later.

Anyway, over all a solid game, with obvious room for improvement. Playing the hottest team in the league into crunch time without Lowry is pretty nice. Hopefully Lowry is paying close attention from the bench - the passing has improved a lot, even from Lou, and I hope that becomes a long term pattern.
              I'm not sure it ever makes sense to play Greivis Vasquez 40 minutes a game, let alone one against a team as quick and athletic as the Cavs. Same goes for Amir.

We should have seen much more JJ and Patman.

I won't complain too much though, there were a lot of good takeaways and that comeback was TONS of fun.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                The powers of araujo is what led to the comeback.
                You cursed us from the outset. They fought against the curse admirably, but alas, Araujo is just that overwhelmingly destructive.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  I'm not sure it ever makes sense to play Greivis Vasquez 40 minutes a game, let alone one against a team as quick and athletic as the Cavs. Same goes for Amir.

We should have seen much more JJ and Patman.

I won't complain too much though, there were a lot of good takeaways and that comeback was TONS of fun.
                  The way he played today i would rather gave half his minutes to Tyler and Jv equally
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

You cursed us from the outset. They fought against the curse admirably, but alas, Araujo is just that overwhelmingly destructive.
                    Araujo too OP, needs nerf.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Not sure what people are arguing about this time? geez. You people never fail to amaze me.

If the Raps play like that the rest of the way they're going to be TOUGH to beat.

This is a game where you just tip your hat. LeBron James was too good. The Cavs hit some AMAZING shots in the 4th. Irving's left handed buzzer beater was unreal. JR Smith hit a 3 with Amir Johnson right in front of his face. And LeBron James hit two dagger threes late in the 4th. And his playmaking the whole game was just sensational.

I agree with everything you said but that is a BIG IF. The biggest problem with this team is consistency, mainly because we rely on calls and Lou getting hot to win. We can easily lose on Friday to Charlotte because Lou misses all his ISO threes. But yes if we play like this for the rest of the season and into the playoffs we are set. It's just the likelihood of that isn't very high if we are basing it off of what we've seen so far this season.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Not sure what people are whining about this time? geez. You people never fail to amaze me.

Raptor gave up 50% from the field and Cabs took 36 threes. No team is going to win a lot of games playing like that. Lou just had a poor Cavs Defense to go off on. It was a good game but it's the same problems

Comment

Not sure what people are whining about this time? geez. You people never fail to amaze me.

Word
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            The powers of araujo is what led to the comeback.
                            Damn it man, they were about to make a comeback but saw your stupid avatar.

Then they got sexually aroused and couldn't seal the deal
                            OG is our king

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Raptor gave up 50% from the field and Cabs took 36 threes. No team is going to win a lot of games playing like that. Lou just had a poor Cavs Defense to go off on. It was a good game but it's the same problems
                              Really?
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

I tip my hat.

Also, where's thead, Cavs need to go like 5-15 to finish 8th now.

Pay up now!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X