Game 61: Cleveland Cavaliers 120 - Toronto Raptors 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    It's hard to ignore JV when he's the best and most intense player on the court. His compete level demanded the ball.
    Jonas did look like a man possessed last night. Even more so than usual.

I'm not convinced it's a pace he can maintain, but it's clear he needs to be more of a focal point in the offense.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I don't know. I'm not convinced anyone other than the select few stars would get that call in their favour, especially with the initial call being a common foul and reviews supposed to be based on the concept of "conclusive evidence needed to overturn call".
      Also the refs probably had the Harden foul/kick in the nuts play on their minds (from a couple of games ago)...could have been the same crew.

Comment

• Guess I'm against majority opinion here, but I had no problem with the flagrant 1. In real time, I thought it was a common foul, but on replay you see that JV really makes no play on the ball, and also gets a good chunk of Lebron's neck. Sounds like flagrant 1 to me. Now, flagrant 2: that definitely would've been a superstar call.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Guess I'm against majority opinion here, but I had no problem with the flagrant 1. In real time, I thought it was a common foul, but on replay you see that JV really makes no play on the ball, and also gets a good chunk of Lebron's neck. Sounds like flagrant 1 to me. Now, flagrant 2: that definitely would've been a superstar call.
          Yeah, Jonas' hands were at least reaching towards where LeBron was holding the ball, but not hard to tell he was just trying to wrap him up. The "dirty play" talk is crap and just teammates sticking up for their star. JV grabbed him around the shoulders, proximity to the neck was incidental, and JV let go about as gradually as you could doing that at full speed with a 280 lbs player. Dirty plays/cheap shots look a lot different than that.

Something I've always wondered from fouls that didn't apply here, but why does the defensive team stop playing as soon as they hear a whistle and allow the continuation? How many times a game does that happen? Defend the continuation, block the shot - can they even call a foul or a goaltend on a continuation play?
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

That doesn't even sound right. Lou did hit shots, but it was basically him baiting the Cavs into fouls that sparked the run that finally closed the gap.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                That doesn't even sound right. Lou did hit shots, but it was basically him baiting the Cavs into fouls that sparked the run that finally closed the gap.
                Eric Koreen is a weirdo
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, Jonas' hands were at least reaching towards where LeBron was holding the ball, but not hard to tell he was just trying to wrap him up. The "dirty play" talk is crap and just teammates sticking up for their star. JV grabbed him around the shoulders, proximity to the neck was incidental, and JV let go about as gradually as you could doing that at full speed with a 280 lbs player. Dirty plays/cheap shots look a lot different than that.

Something I've always wondered from fouls that didn't apply here, but why does the defensive team stop playing as soon as they hear a whistle and allow the continuation? How many times a game does that happen? Defend the continuation, block the shot - can they even call a foul or a goaltend on a continuation play?
                  Was anyone else impressed by how completely he stopped Lebron? Sometimes I forget how strong this kid is. Lebron got manhandled and it was beautiful

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                    Was anyone else impressed by how completely he stopped Lebron? Sometimes I forget how strong this kid is. Lebron got manhandled and it was beautiful
                    Well JV is 7'0" 270lbs
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      What made IT a flagrant 1 was lebrons reaction.

No question superstar treament.

No question he is a little bitch who shows his true colours under adverse conditions.
                      Shouldn't there have been a tech on lebron,or a double tech. Lebrun literally elbowed Jv hard right after he went down. Doesn't that warrant anything?

Serious question.
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        Shouldn't there have been a tech on lebron,or a double tech. Lebrun literally elbowed Jv hard right after he went down. Doesn't that warrant anything?

Serious question.
                        It could easily have been called a tech, but I was not at all surprised it wasn't.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          They can absolutely call goal tending (which is why you don't see any block attempts after the foul I think).

Very much doubt they can call a second foul (unless it's a tech), but the player would need to be in position to make that play immediately. I think that if too much time passed from the original foul (and we are dealing with fractions of seconds) then anything too physical would likely get more serious consideration for a tech as it's "after the whistle".
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            They can absolutely call goal tending (which is why you don't see any block attempts after the foul I think).

Very much doubt they can call a second foul (unless it's a tech), but the player would need to be in position to make that play immediately. I think that if too much time passed from the original foul (and we are dealing with fractions of seconds) then anything too physical would likely get more serious consideration for a tech as it's "after the whistle".
                            Yeah, forgot about after the whistle techs.

Still odd that most of the time the defense stops playing when the whistle is blown. Defend the continuation! Probably a conditioned/automatic response to just stop.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Okay guys. Needed a day to vent after that loss. Now I'm fine.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                              X