let's get Joel Embiid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's get Joel Embiid

in the summer, the 76ers are looking to rid of Joel Embiid either trade him or opt him out of his contract. There is a likely chance that the Sixers are looking to package him for a star wing player or another lottery team. I really like Embiids game in college, however his natural position is at C and we already have Jonas Valanciunas. I say, if we do acquire Embiid, we have to somehow mold him into a PF.

I propose, Ross + Resigned Lou Will + 2016 1st round pick for Embiid and Filler

Too much of a risk. He could have the Walton malady. He was supposed to be a core part of the 76er rebuild...why are they giving up on him without having played a single game there. Fishy. Also, like Masai he is of Nigerian bkgrnd...if anyone can find the real scoop on him/his injury it could be Masai.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/1...itioning-76ers

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Too much of a risk. He could have the Walton malady. He was supposed to be a core part of the 76er rebuild...why are they giving up on him without having played a single game there. Fishy. Also, like Masai he is of Nigerian bkgrnd...if anyone can find the real scoop on him/his injury it could be Masai.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/1...itioning-76ers
      Joel Embiid isn't from Nigeria, he's from Cameroon
      Ball Don't Lie

Comment

Joel Embiid regardless of his home country has every chance to be the basketball version of JaMarcus Russell.
        Seems like he hasn't met a pizza or donout he doesn't like. Following the Russell playbook he got drafted high, signed a big money deal and for reasons known only to him and the aforementioned Mr. Russell put on 50 to 60 LBs that he has had trouble dropping. Not so sure I would trade the rights to Mamadu Ndiaye and a cheesburger to be named later for him right now.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

He looks real fat... I wouldn't want him either...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            He looks real fat... I wouldn't want him either...

Lol Mack North in a Embiid thread?? *Cough*Dynasty*Cough*

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              Lol Mack North in a Embiid thread?? *Cough*Dynasty*Cough*
              haha couldn't resist! Patiently waiting...

Comment

This guy has all the skills to be a superstar in the making, a legend since The Dream Akeem Olajuwon of his former Rockets self. I can't wait to see him play alongside Nerlens Noel or some other team. The Sixers got lucky to have him as an asset.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  This guy has all the skills to be a superstar in the making, a legend since The Dream Akeem Olajuwon of his former Rockets self. I can't wait to see him play alongside Nerlens Noel or some other team. The Sixers got lucky to have him as an asset.
                  We will see in a year. If he doesn't drop the weight Hinkie will have some 'splaining to do.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

Another guy in the same situation that we could try to get is Julius Randle. Would you trade DeMar for him?

Comment

I think we should offer the LAL Lowry and Demar for Randle, Clarkson and the 4 or 5 pick and get Mundaiy or Russell,

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        We will see in a year. If he doesn't drop the weight Hinkie will have some 'splaining to do.
                        That rumor that he gained an insane amount of weight was incorrect. He has been cleared to practice longer by his doctor for pregame. He looks good in his practices, and even has extended his range out to 3. He will be really good imo. Philly tries to get fans out to games by saying that they can watch him practice in pre-game. He and Noel are their core players. Having said this, Kinkie will trade anything for a first round pick. Still there is no way the Raps get Embiid, no player or pick the Raps have looks to have as much potential as Embiid.

Comment

Working...
                        X