No announcement yet.

Game #63: Toronto Raptors 104 - Oklahoma City Thunder 108

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing the Raps is a cure for what ails ya. Tired of hearing post game from opposing coaches that "We have struggled on offence / defence for the last x games but we were able to get it going tonight."

Comment

• Reading the comments in the last 6 or 7 pages is gold. I swear, you can see individual poster's soul dying a little.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Players are different, I find this strange.

Is this guy for real?
        I think he's just trying to point out (in a sarcastic way) that work ethic can only take one so far.

But it does seem rather obvious, and it isn't specific to basketball.

Comment

• ^ Isn't he saying that while PFs & Cs can add the 3pt shot to their game, why can't a 2-guard do the same thing? Players are different sure, but a Shooting Guard is supposed to be able to shoot, one would assume anyway.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
            ^ Isn't he saying that while PFs & Cs can add the 3pt shot to their game, why can't a 2-guard do the same thing? Players are different sure, but a Shooting Guard is supposed to be able to shoot, one would assume anyway.
            That is what I took from the comment as well.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
              ^ Isn't he saying that while PFs & Cs can add the 3pt shot to their game, why can't a 2-guard do the same thing? Players are different sure, but a Shooting Guard is supposed to be able to shoot, one would assume anyway.
              Absolutely. It's a knock on DeRozan's lack of feel for the ball. It's probably the same reason why his handles are still fairly week (slow, high dribble).

It doesn't matter how many hours he spends in the gym, there's nothing DeRozan can do to improve his tactile sensitivity in his fingertips.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Ok. So question what was your expectations going into the season? NBA Finals? ECF?

This team is not build to contend. 2nd round is their ceiling. Right now that's where they're heading, 2nd round exit. They are what they are. An average team that relies on chemistry.
                I think most posters would be happy with making it to second round. In 20 years we have never won a 7 game series. This team is headed for a quick exit in the first round. There is very little fight most mights and the coaching deficiencies are well documented.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  I think most posters would be happy with making it to second round. In 20 years we have never won a 7 game series. This team is headed for a quick exit in the first round. There is very little fight most mights and the coaching deficiencies are well documented.
                  And the document keeps growing. Calling a timeout to dribble out the clock is new to me.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure this points to the total breakdown of Amir Johnson and/or the excellence of JJ, not the failing of JV.

League average is ~65% at the rim.
                    JV playing against starter / largely best bigs on other team? Wrt last night specifically, that team is very long. And they have lots of them. On boards and on offence JV seemed to be going up against a few Fowards from the Thunder. They had help D providing blocks. That's a difficult game for Him. But one where if 20-30 games ago we decided to feed the post more (sharing the ball) he may have been better prepared for.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      JV playing against starter / largely best bigs on other team? Wrt last night specifically, that team is very long. And they have lots of them. On boards and on offence JV seemed to be going up against a few Fowards from the Thunder. They had help D providing blocks. That's a difficult game for Him. But one where if 20-30 games ago we decided to feed the post more (sharing the ball) he may have been better prepared for.
                      OKC is also one of the best rebounding teams in the league. They rank #1 in Team RPG with 47.6. They got 49 against us (which is the T-#24 best total of their season so far). They always perform well on the board, we often struggle. Adjustments needed to be made to help and they weren't. We under-performed in that aspect against a top rebounding team. Can't really blame any one player for that.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        And the document keeps growing. Calling a timeout to dribble out the clock is new to me.
                        That was fascinating. I got the sense that demar was supposed to shoot, and was just like 'eff it, what's the point.'
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          That was fascinating. I got the sense that demar was supposed to shoot, and was just like 'eff it, what's the point.'
                          Yea I think he thought about shooting but then realized there was only like 1 second left and just gave up
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            OKC is also one of the best rebounding teams in the league. They rank #1 in Team RPG with 47.6. They got 49 against us (which is the T-#24 best total of their season so far). They always perform well on the board, we often struggle. Adjustments needed to be made to help and they weren't. We under-performed in that aspect against a top rebounding team. Can't really blame any one player for that.
                            Good Intel, thanks. Also looked like an even better shot blocking team last night.

Comment

• I did not see the game...how did Kanter perform?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                I did not see the game...how did Kanter perform?
                                He killed our big guy. Weird right? Usually it's vice versa

Comment

Working...
                                X