What can the Raptors get for Lowry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    Only reason Masai would move Lowry this summer is if the return was really high. Lowry is the best player on the team and our best bet to have a "hometown" all-star next season. Having a representative for the team does matter.

All that said, Lowry is getting older, so if Masai doesn't believe he can quick fix to be a contender within the next 3-4 years, then shipping Lowry at his max value does make sense.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's traded (I could see the Lakers making a push if they miss out on Dragic - and an offer of Randle and a top 5 pick is certainly enticing) but largely suspect that he'll be back next year.
    Randle or a top five pick. No chance of getting both.

I really like some of the guys at the top of the draft.. Im not sure who would trade a top 4 pick for KL, and outside of the top 4 probably isn't worth it for the raps. I would be realllly enticed by Karl Towns or D'angelo Russel. Still not sure if its a smart decision to trade away a top 5 pg for a rookie though...

Comment

Can this team as constructed win a championship?I don't think so, so trades need to be made. I hope we sign Wiggins in a couple of years

Comment

Quintarka wrote: View Post
        Can this team as constructed win a championship?I don't think so, so trades need to be made. I hope we sign Wiggins in a couple of years
        Wiggins isn't going ANYWHERE for at least 4 years.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Can they get a top 5 pick for him? can they get a top prospect like Embiid or Randle? or how about a project like a LaVine?
          Is this real life?

Comment

Can Lowry pass the ball ? Can Lowry run a pick and roll ? Can Lowry get his bigs involved ?

There is no evidence of him being able to do that and he is not going to change at age of 29.

Unless we want to be a guard dominated team, we need to trade lowry.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Randle or a top five pick. No chance of getting both.
              Agree 100%. I am not even sure if they will give us the top five pick for a 29 year old shoot first PG.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Wiggins isn't going ANYWHERE for at least 4 years.
                At least 4, but more likely we're looking at 7 years, give or take. Minnesota will match anything he gets in RFA, but will likely extend him long before that ever happens. I envision a 4 year deal, with an opt out after 2 or 3. So 6-7 years before we get a crack at him. Since he's only 20 now, we should still get him in his prime ring-obtaining years.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  Agree 100%. I am not even sure if they will give us the top five pick for a 29 year old shoot first PG.
                  Lakers aren't like other teams. They don't build through the draft or with long drawn out plans. Top UFAs (Dragic and Love) and potential trades (Lowry) to team with Kobe is their plan. They won't have much patience for a rookie to develop.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    Lakers aren't like other teams. They don't build through the draft or with long drawn out plans. Top UFAs (Dragic and Love) and potential trades (Lowry) to team with Kobe is their plan. They won't have much patience for a rookie to develop.
                    start to listen to ESPN 710 ( TuneIn radio). Lowry is no where in their plans.

Comment

Here's something we can get if we trade Lowry, league wide distrust by any other even semi-premiere free-agent to ever sign with us.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                        start to listen to ESPN 710 ( TuneIn radio). Lowry is no where in their plans.
                        Haha so ESPN media says so?

Pretty sure the Lakers front office will do whatever it takes to be competitive next season. More likely is Dragic/Love, but don't count anything out.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Here's something we can get if we trade Lowry, league wide distrust by any other even semi-premiere free-agent to ever sign with us.
                          Maybe. What's happening though shouldn't surprise any players around the league and it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                            This is crap. These guys know its a business first, and I doubt anyone will be worrisome to sign because a player got traded when a favorable offer was made. Will players talk about PHX after they signed I. Thomas and then within six months traded him to Boston? I'm sure he was promised to be part of their playoff run and they send him to mid team in the east. Guys get traded and cut all the time. If the players don't trust this team in the future to sign its because management has been to inept to put together a team, thus creating their own reputation. The Lakers paid Kobe 50 million over 2 years to show the league that "we take care of our veterans, but you don't see free agents thinking they are the goats tits because of it. Why? Management is no good.

If we get a favorable trade for Lowry, Masai needs to have a sack and pull the trigger

Comment

Good grief. I'd like to hear what the plan is if we trade Lowry. What's the step after that? And the one after that?

I was one of the biggest pro-tankers when Masai came on board and when we made the Gay trade, but the fact of the matter is that Masai chose to build from the middle. Our bed is made. You trade Lowry and you better trade away DeMar and rebuild from the ground up.

And if that's the road we are to choose then we should have done it two seasons ago. Anyone who advocates trading Lowry is essentially saying that Masai has no idea what he is doing, because Lowry was made a cornerstone of the build-from-the-middle approach.

Finally, I have no idea why people are so adamant at selling players when their value is at rock bottom. You want to rebuild this team, you should have proposed trading Lowry when he was being put in the mix for MVP. That would at least take some guts and foresight. This is just more short-term overreaction.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Good grief. I'd like to hear what the plan is if we trade Lowry. What's the step after that? And the one after that?

I was one of the biggest pro-tankers when Masai came on board and when we made the Gay trade, but the fact of the matter is that Masai chose to build from the middle. Our bed is made. You trade Lowry and you better trade away DeMar and rebuild from the ground up.

And if that's the road we are to choose then we should have done it two seasons ago. Anyone who advocates trading Lowry is essentially saying that Masai has no idea what he is doing, because Lowry was made a cornerstone of the build-from-the-middle approach.

Finally, I have no idea why people are so adamant at selling players when their value is at rock bottom. You want to rebuild this team, you should have proposed trading Lowry when he was being put in the mix for MVP. That would at least take some guts and foresight. This is just more short-term overreaction.
                                Worth noting that asking how much Lowry is worth is not to the same as saying, "Lets trade Lowry!"

Comment

Working...
                                X