No announcement yet.

What can the Raptors get for Lowry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Lowry is the ultimate reset move..Forget skills, he's our leader so the message sent to the team would be awkward. This summer the 3 or 4 position needs to be the main priority. Unfortunately we will be competing with a lot of big cities for top guys...

Comment

raptorredy wrote: View Post
      Trading Lowry is the ultimate reset move..Forget skills, he's our leader so the message sent to the team would be awkward. This summer the 3 or 4 position needs to be the main priority. Unfortunately we will be competing with a lot of big cities for top guys...
      Maybe Jonas should challenge him for Leadership.

Comment

this thread is typical of most raptors fans historically losers mentality....we're #2 in the east even though we've hit a rough patch cause of bad coaching decisions and bad systems but lets trade our MVP and tank again....

Comment

I hope you guys remember this thread when Kyle is the only one balling his heart and soul out for us these playoffs.

For the love of MoPete, the tank ship is way, way behind us now.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I hope you guys remember this thread when Kyle is the only one balling his heart and soul out for us these playoffs.

For the love of MoPete, the tank ship is way, way behind us now.
            The question isn't whether or not that happens. The question is whether to Lowry, that means hero mode all the time.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
              this thread is typical of most raptors fans historically losers mentality....we're #2 in the east even though we've hit a rough patch cause of bad coaching decisions and bad systems but lets trade our MVP and tank again....
              1) We are in 3rd place en route to sliding to the 4th.

2) This isn't about what place we are in, this is with concerns to how poorly the Raptors are playing since the year started. This isn't a losing streak that's happening for the first time this year.

3) It's about a coach whom no one can defend because no one knows why he does what he does - never fails to confuse the heck outta everyone and plays right in to the palms of the other coaches.

No, I don't think trading Lowry is the answer. There are other ways to deal with this problem that is the Toronto Raptors and it starts with Casey. Lowry is playing with the system and not questioning it.

This thread is a result of utter frustration from poor fans who have been scummed to witness their team become a disaster, unfolding right in from of their eyes.

Will it be a coaching change that will ultimately help this team? Or will the players be traded one by one? Stay tuned for the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

Comment

well 4th place is still top half of the east, and puts us into a winning matchup with a sliding Wizards teams and out of the Cleveland bracket. Since the Por game we started seeing cracks in our game but its comes down to bad defensive systems, too much ISO and 3's on O, lack of interior presence late in game and lack of ability to close games out...all of these are fixable with a coaching change. My comment was made because yes we are all frustrated but once again fans are resorting to the typical "tank" thinking (trade lowry, DD). the personell is fine, the coach is not.

Comment

Fire Casey, shop DeMar.

Comment

Love Kyle but he is not as good as he has played for the last 1.25 seasons or so. He is clearly our best player but he is inefficient, a mediocre passer and a minus defender. Hopefully he gets some of his 2014 magic back for the playoffs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      DD will do extremely well under a strict coach with a structured system. He has a lot of weapons, but he's being instructed to freelance and that's just not his game. DD could be a rich man's Rip Hamilton in the right system, which is excellent. He's not and never will be Kobe, which he's being asked to create like.
                      Good post
                      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Get rid of Casey before you do any player changes
                        Exactly.

Comment

He is getting old
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I think if case does not get removed he does need to do some soul searching as other teams do understand our tendencies since our improvement from the Gay trade. He needs to refine some schemes go back on tapes and see what other teams are doing. As far as trading kyle I do believe he is banged up and is capable of getting his early season form. I sense that Masai is not going to make any decisions until the season ends on either trades or coaching personal. For all his faults Casey, Masai have gotten kyle to play the best ball of his carreer until recently which can be contributed to fatigue and nagging injuries. In Kyles absence Lou has stepped up and had some good assist games as a back up pg.

Comment

You don't trade Lowry unless you want to tank.. that's my opinion anyway.

Comment

Only reason Masai would move Lowry this summer is if the return was really high. Lowry is the best player on the team and our best bet to have a "hometown" all-star next season. Having a representative for the team does matter.

All that said, Lowry is getting older, so if Masai doesn't believe he can quick fix to be a contender within the next 3-4 years, then shipping Lowry at his max value does make sense.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's traded (I could see the Lakers making a push if they miss out on Dragic - and an offer of Randle and a top 5 pick is certainly enticing) but largely suspect that he'll be back next year.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X