Game #64: Toronto Raptors 107 - San Antonio Spurs 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    That was fascinating to watch. Dollar to donuts one point of emphasis pre-game was: do not, under any circumstances, send Derozan to the line. Guard him, but don't foul him.

Game starts, Green immediately fouls Derozan - boom, out of the game.

Belinelli comes in, immediately fouls Derozan - out of the game.
    Solid game-planning and holding players accountable to said game-plan is refreshing. This is the same coach who keeps Ginobli on the 2nd unit for balance on both units, rather than simply throwing his 5 'best' players onto the starting-5. Gotta love Pops!

Comment

• Well, nice long hiatus from the boards to clear my head. Damn that was refreshing.

Axel: weird is my middle name
      Jimicliff: thanks for the invite ill check it out. Is yesterdays opponents coach available? Fuck that guy has gumption. No? Damnit.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Well, nice long hiatus from the boards to clear my head. Damn that was refreshing.

Axel: weird is my middle name
        Jimicliff: thanks for the invite ill check it out. Is yesterdays opponents coach available? Fuck that guy has gumption. No? Damnit.
        Seriously. The term 'basketball junkie' is no joke.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Seriously. The term 'basketball junkie' is no joke.
          Lol. Its beyond unhealthy. This must be what heroin feels like. The first step is admitting you have a problem. I don't remember or care for the 2nd step.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yeah, this one was bad, but it just seemed like the Spurs weren't going to be beat. They let off the gas after the first few minutes of the 3rd and let us all the way back in, then throttled us when it mattered. They are just really good lately.

That said, there was very little energy to start the game, and nothing resembling smart play throughout (even late the shot selection outside of transition was pretty bad, they were just going in). I think a rededication to defence, with PP and JJ in the starting lineup, is called for, but I won't hold my breath.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
            X