Game #64: Toronto Raptors 107 - San Antonio Spurs 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    This was the 1st time in the Raptors 20 year history, that I was available to watch the game, was at home with (relatively) little to do, had the TV on....

....and choose to watch something else. I knew the outcome before tipoff.

I admittedly checked the score periodically on my phone, and wasn't surprised at all to see us down 20.

I never thought I'd get to this point with my beloved Raptors, but apathy is starting to set in. It's not even frustration anymore. It's rather a feeling of "it is what it is".
    My lord! I think we're twins. I did the exact same thing last night. Chose to catch up on Peaky Blinders instead of disappointing myself.

Comment

• I've resorted to watching game in an hour versus staying up late for many games on weeknights.

So sad.

Comment

• No no, this is not Toronto Leafs' recent games just so you know.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

No no, this is not Toronto Leafs' recent games just so you know.
          Riggin' for Wiggins!

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
            My lord! I think we're twins. I did the exact same thing last night. Chose to catch up on Peaky Blinders instead of disappointing myself.
            Better Call Saul for me. Shit's getting goooood.

Comment

Better Call Saul for me. Shit's getting goooood.
              I'm a couple episodes behind in that too, but so far I'm loving it. Its already exceeded my expectations.

Comment

I'm a couple episodes behind in that too, but so far I'm loving it. Its already exceeded my expectations.
                This week, they trekked into Mike's back story.

Comment

Peaky Blinders sounds like a creepy show about stalkers....
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Peaky Blinders sounds like a creepy show about stalkers....
                    I thought the same thing, but its hands down one of the best shows on TV that no one's really heard of. Check it out.

Comment

This was the 1st time in the Raptors 20 year history, that I was available to watch the game, was at home with (relatively) little to do, had the TV on....

....and choose to watch something else. I knew the outcome before tipoff.

I admittedly checked the score periodically on my phone, and wasn't surprised at all to see us down 20.

I never thought I'd get to this point with my beloved Raptors, but apathy is starting to set in. It's not even frustration anymore. It's rather a feeling of "it is what it is".
                      Lemme get this straight: you've followed the team 20 years, and this if the first time you've got to this point? First time you neednt watch? First time you've felt apathy? Jesus get some prespective man. Ill tell you what's really at an all time high: the melodrama around here. Yes, the team has chuckers, has been that way for years. Yes, the perimeter d is horrendous. But for the love of god, it could always be worse. People depress me.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Lemme get this straight: you've followed the team 20 years, and this if the first time you've got to this point? First time you neednt watch? First time you've felt apathy? Jesus get some prespective man. Ill tell you what's really at an all time high: the melodrama around here. Yes, the team has chuckers, has been that way for years. Yes, the perimeter d is horrendous. But for the love of god, it could always be worse. People depress me.
                        Speaking for myself, there was always hope before.

There is little hope right now, at least for me.

Same mistakes game after game, little to no adaptation.

Same quotes and excuses.

Same awful, uninspiring play.

Same questionable coaching decisions.

It is hard to take. Raptors fans are not the naive bunch who use to cheer during their own team's foul shots back in the early days.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Speaking for myself, there was always hope before.

There is little hope right now, at least for me.

Same mistakes game after game, little to no adaptation.

Same quotes and excuses.

Same awful, uninspiring play.

Same questionable coaching decisions.

It is hard to take. Raptors fans are not the naive bunch who use to cheer during their own team's foul shots back in the early days.
                          I get that, but there's been darker times than this. That's not even up for debate.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Everyone has their limits...

Comment

I get that, but there's been darker times than this. That's not even up for debate.
                              I guess that depends on your perspective.

When you're awful and you know it, you expect it.

When you're awful after you're suppose to be showing improvements and making progress..... well, that is rough especially given the franchise's history.

Comment

Nobody is suggesting these are the darkest times in team history.

I'm simply saying that 20 years of cumulative crap is starting to take its toll on me as a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X