Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai: Trust me, I ain't taking that back (#F*ckBrooklyn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai: Trust me, I ain't taking that back (#F*ckBrooklyn)

Last season, Toronto Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri made headlines by shouting, "F--- Brooklyn!" at a fan rally outside Air Canada Centre prior to Game 1 of his team's first-round series against the Brooklyn Nets.

Nearly a year later, it doesn't appear Ujiri has any regrets.

In fact, the confident GM would like another crack at the Nets, who eliminated the Raptors from the playoffs in seven games in 2014.

"Trust me, I ain't taking that back," Ujiri said Monday night at the Canadian Interuniversity Sport's Canadian Basketball Speakers forum. "I hope we play them again. I'll say it again."

Ujiri's comment prompted laughter from the audience, according to the Toronto Sun. He chuckled, too, the newspaper reported.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...nt-taking-back

Comment

Who wouldn't want us to play the Nets in the 1st round

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
        Who wouldn't want us to play the Nets in the 1st round
        The way we're playing at the moment, who wouldn't want to play the Raptors now? Easy fodder if you ask me.

Comment

Fuck Defense!!!

Did I do that right?

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
            The way we're playing at the moment, who wouldn't want to play the Raptors now? Easy fodder if you ask me.
            From the Raps standpoint, is there a better matchup than the Nets, should they make it in?

Edit: Never mind, we are finishing 3rd or 4th and there's no chance that the Nets get the 5th or 6the seed.

Comment

We finish 2nd! The run starts tonight! Lowrys ready! Who's with me!? This is SPARTA!!

*crickets*

Damnit.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

All he did last season was motivate the opponent.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                  You really don't like ujiri

Comment

Its the thought that counts lol
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

we acted like "tatted up guy" in last year playoffs
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I don't think vets like PP, KG, Joe johnson etc need extra motivation, they already wanted to whoop us. Would you rather we just come in with the nice guy approach? Good luck brooklyn may the best man win? Furthermore, don't you want a series to be fired up and intense? "Aw shucks, maybe we can make them feel sorry for us and we'll sneak past while they're sleeping" fuck that and fuck brooklyn.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I don't think vets like PP, KG, Joe johnson etc need extra motivation, they already wanted to whoop us. Would you rather we just come in with the nice guy approach? Good luck brooklyn may the best man win? Furthermore, don't you want a series to be fired up and intense? "Aw shucks, maybe we can make them feel sorry for us and we'll sneak past while they're sleeping" fuck that and fuck brooklyn.
                          I'd prefer the silent approach, don't add fuel to the fire.

Comment

I'd prefer the silent approach, don't add fuel to the fire.
                            Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and every basketball player who ever talked smack disagree with you.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and every basketball player who ever talked smack disagree with you.
                              bad examples, they have all won in their careers, then there are guys like Deshawn Stevenson who trash talk and can't back anything up.

Comment

Working...
                              X