Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai: Trust me, I ain't taking that back (#F*ckBrooklyn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    bad examples, they have all won in their careers, then there are guys like Deshawn Stevenson who trash talk and can't back anything up.
    If a GM saying "F*ck Brooklyn" at a pep rally is enough to cost you a seven game series, then you were the worse team and deserved to lose. If talking shit is part of your game and you win, then you're better. "We could have won if the GM didn't swear at them" is a bit of a funny point to raise imho.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      If a GM saying "F*ck Brooklyn" at a pep rally is enough to cost you a seven game series, then you were the worse team and deserved to lose. If talking shit is part of your game and you win, then you're better. "We could have won if the GM didn't swear at them" is a bit of a funny point to raise imho.
      All Masai did was make himself look stupid. Like Deshawn Stevenson after he said LeBron was overrated.

Comment

All Masai did was make himself look stupid. Like Deshawn Stevenson after he said LeBron was overrated.
        lol I don't get the hate. He turned the teams fortunes around after the trade and things have gone well since. Pretty sure it's the best 2 year run in Raps history, both under his watch. He gets to truly make his stamp on the team this offseason and next. True judgement can't start until say next December, imo.

Masai can't pass the ball to Masai for the score!

Comment

You got to LOVE MU ... He knows our fans and the city and knows what gets them going.

Comment

There was another part to that same media scrum where he talked about getting a Canadian on board during his tenure:

When asked if there was one player he’d love to see in Toronto — and taking LeBron James off the table — Ujiri left little doubt that it’s Wiggins, the budding superstar from Vaughan, Ont.

"We all know who he is, I’m not even going to say his name," Ujiri said — more cheers from the crowd.

In case there was any doubt, he added: "He might be Canadian."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...hints-wiggins/

I hope we don't have to wait til he's a FA... DeMar, Ross, and a future 1st! Seriously... do it.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              There was another part to that same media scrum where he talked about getting a Canadian on board during his tenure:

When asked if there was one player he’d love to see in Toronto — and taking LeBron James off the table — Ujiri left little doubt that it’s Wiggins, the budding superstar from Vaughan, Ont.

"We all know who he is, I’m not even going to say his name," Ujiri said — more cheers from the crowd.

I hope we don't have to wait til he's a FA... DeMar, Ross, and a future 1st! Seriously... do it.
              I don't think Wolves will repeat Cavs mistake
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                I don't think Wolves will repeat Cavs mistake
                I see your point, but if Cavs win this year or say 2 outta 3, did they make a mistake? That remains to be seen... Could be a win-win for both teams, but I guess it ultimately comes down to chips, which are very hard to come by in this association.

Comment

I see your point, but if Cavs win this year or say 2 outta 3, did they make a mistake? That remains to be seen... Could be a win-win for both teams, but I guess it ultimately comes down to chips, which are very hard to come by in this association.
                  I just don't think it was solely addition of Kevin Love that made Cavs contenders. Addition of new guys definitely helped them as well. But yeah for Wolves there's no hope for championship yet and Demar, Ross and future 1st doesn't fix that. No way Wiggins getting traded. More chance trying to get Lavine or Payne in my opinion
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    I just don't think it was solely addition of Kevin Love that made Cavs contenders. Addition of new guys definitely helped them as well. But yeah for Wolves there's no hope for championship yet and Demar, Ross and future 1st doesn't fix that. No way Wiggins getting traded. More chance trying to get Lavine or Payne in my opinion
                    The Knicks and Denver trades did more than Love. Cavs are still worse than last years Heat

Comment

I don't care if you're Canadian, American, or wherever you're from, if you help the team win, we will want you. We can't discriminate nationality when building a team.

Comment

I don't care if you're Canadian, American, or wherever you're from, if you help the team win, we will want you. We can't discriminate nationality when building a team.
                        Agreed. It's why I cringe every time I see Tristan Thompson's name pop up in these threads. He's a younger, equally unpolished Reggie Evans.

Comment

Actually what Masai said fits right in with the "We the North" campaign and the "us against the world" attitude that Lou just referred to - it's part of an identity that for one of the first times in franchise history has players actually wanting to be a part of the organization. Too bad some of them need to be traded

Masai's a smart guy who knew exactly what he was doing when he said that. The thoughtfulness that goes into the words coming out of his mouth is the antithesis to the thoughtlessness behind the words that come out of Deshawn Stevenson's mouth.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Actually what Masai said fits right in with the "We the North" campaign and the "us against the world" attitude that Lou just referred to - it's part of an identity that for one of the first times in franchise history has players actually wanting to be a part of the organization. Too bad some of them need to be traded

Masai's a smart guy who knew exactly what he was doing when he said that. The thoughtfulness that goes into the words coming out of his mouth is the antithesis to the thoughtlessness behind the words that come out of Deshawn Stevenson's mouth.
                            Yes.

There was an article a while ago where Leiweke basically said the whole #F*ckBrooklyn was planned and orchestrated by Masai as a rallying cry for the fan base.

Too bad it didn't work out but brilliant.

Comment

bad examples, they have all won in their careers, then there are guys like Deshawn Stevenson who trash talk and can't back anything up.
                              Deshawn Stevenson won a champonship though so techniaclly hes won in his career as well
                              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

lol I don't get the hate. He turned the teams fortunes around after the trade and things have gone well since. Pretty sure it's the best 2 year run in Raps history, both under his watch. He gets to truly make his stamp on the team this offseason and next. True judgement can't start until say next December, imo.

Masai can't pass the ball to Masai for the score!
                                Masai could bring 7 rings to toronto and that guy would still shit on him.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X