Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    But is he ready for his call up back from the 905?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Never know unless they try. Interested to see his plays out of time outs

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      Casey is experienced, has a championship ring (While riding on Carlisle's and Dirk's shoulders of course), but he is still a terrible coach.
      Touché..

Comment

• Potential Coaching Candidates

Bump

JWash wrote: View Post
        Hey guys keep an eye on David Blatt as a potential Casey replacement for next season. Cavs are going to fire him imo if they don't win the title this year, because I don't think LBJ has any respect for him and isn't really letting him coach the team. He's a young coach with a rich international record who really played some great ball on both sides overseas. Would definitely look to get a guy like Jonas more involved in the offensive gameplan. Worth a look.
        white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Honestly Blatt has never really done it for me. From overseas coaches I prefer Obradovic and Messina. I'd still be cool with giving either one a shot.

*One thing to consider with Blatt is that he's a Princeton guy, and I really don't think our personnel fit such a scheme very well.
        Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        JWash wrote: View Post
        Not going to pretend to be an expert on the Princeton offense, but from what I understand it's all about cutting, off-ball movement and making a ton of passes while also still using pick & rolls as well as off-ball screens. A lot of emphasis is placed on the center position as a scorer as well as creator. Sounds like it'd work pretty well with us actually and is something a lot have been calling for.

It still allows for isolation and one on one action as well I believe allowing key guys to read and react and make smart decisions out there. I think it could work for us based off what I know about it.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I agree with what JWash said about the Princeton offense. We actually have decent personnel for it. The thing to keep in mind is that most of our players(read: Everyone not named Kyle or DeMar) are criminally underused in our current system. JV has shown signs of being a solid passing big man. Scola and Patterson are good passers. DeMar, Kyle and CoJo are already well established passers in our current system.

Hell, more than anything it's worth a shot because it's actually an offense.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• #AnyonebutCasey

Comment

#AnyonebutCasey
              It's about the ABC.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

#AnyonebutCasey
                I know this is a half-joke, but I absolutely do not subscribe to this, at all.

Casey is not the worst coach in the NBA (all things considered he's around middle of the pack), and simply replacing him just for the sake of replacing him could have us no better off or potentially even worse off. Imo this is the #1 reason why Masai hasn't replaced him, because he's good enough, as in he's getting you the top 4 seed, keeping the locker room stable and happy, working pleasantly with the front office and winning basketball games (except for in the playoffs).

If you're replacing Casey you need to get someone who you think is a large enough upgrade to be a championship-level NBA head coach. That is absolutely crucial.

Comment

• can we send casey to coaching camp if there was one? he's done a great job this season, but he's clearly in lower tier of coaching ranks when it comes to Xs and Os given lack of quality shots Raps manufacture out of timeouts..

if not casey, there isn't anyone that immediately jumps out to me to replace him as a substantial upgrade.

Comment

• yodamaster wrote: View Post
                    can we send casey to coaching camp if there was one? he's done a great job this season, but he's clearly in lower tier of coaching ranks when it comes to Xs and Os given lack of quality shots Raps manufacture out of timeouts..

if not casey, there isn't anyone that immediately jumps out to me to replace him as a substantial upgrade.
                    Good idea. Perhaps RR can arrange. I know we have lots of 'suggestions'.

Comment

• Yall Brothas Seem to forget that

The Greatest Coach who Coached Egotist to Championships Phil Jackson, Repped Luke "The Cool" Walton

LUKE "THA COOL" WALTON DOES NOT PLAY

Luke "Tha Cool" Walton Must get The Coaching Job for The Toronto Raptors....

Comment

• CB4Champ wrote: View Post
                        Yall Brothas Seem to forget that

The Greatest Coach who Coached Egotist to Championships Phil Jackson, Repped Luke "The Cool" Walton

LUKE "THA COOL" WALTON DOES NOT PLAY

Luke "Tha Cool" Walton Must get The Coaching Job for The Toronto Raptors....

Do Curry, Klay, and Draymond come with Luke?

Comment

• Bahahahah, Yo Mchappy

We have Lowry, Ross and James Johnson...

Ah Dat

Comment

• I'm curious how seriously the league is looking at Luke Walton.

But then again, we hired Dwane "pound the rock" "wrong side of the court" "small-ball with no shooters" Casey after being an assistant to a championship.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              I'm curious how seriously the league is looking at Luke Walton.

But then again, we hired Dwane "pound the rock" "wrong side of the court" "small-ball with no shooters" Casey after being an assistant to a championship.
                              Virtually guaranteed to get a head-coaching job next season. Only way he doesn't is if he doesn't want one, which I doubt.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                                Virtually guaranteed to get a head-coaching job next season. Only way he doesn't is if he doesn't want one, which I doubt.
                                I don't get the impression that he is actually that highly regarded. The system and players were well in place for him with GSW, he simply managed what Kerr had given him and that team seems very self aware of their issues with strong player leadership.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got zero offers next summer.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X