Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    Meh, so. We're stuck with him for another year or so, he's not an absolutely terrible coach, probably slightly below average.

Ah well.
    you know how we grade casey "fairly" because we see him more than others who say he is capable. that is the same as the other 29 coaches for us. so randomly "slightly below average" is retarded.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      you know how we grade casey "fairly" because we see him more than others who say he is capable. that is the same as the other 29 coaches for us. so randomly "slightly below average" is retarded.
      I dunno man, the announcers of opposing teams and national broadcasts always wonder why we do this instead of doing that. So I don't see many of these "others" saying he's capable.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Dammit can Casey stop winning already....
        Apparently, yes.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Is this thread intended specifically for Raptors or for entire league?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Is this thread intended specifically for Raptors or for entire league?
            Little bit of both.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hornacek to Knicks... Will be interesting if Melo has any respect for him after what kieff did.

Vogel and the magic seem like they were made for each other. Imagine Vogel as a head coach with Dantoni as his associate/offensive guy. They'd be pretty solid all around
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                Hornacek to Knicks... Will be interesting if Melo has any respect for him after what kieff did.

Vogel and the magic seem like they were made for each other. Imagine Vogel as a head coach with Dantoni as his associate/offensive guy. They'd be pretty solid all around
                Jay Triano off to PHX as associate head coach. I think that's a great role for him with a first year head coach in Watson.

I thought Triano was in over his head in Toronto at the time they promoted him but I'd like to see him get another shot at a head coaching gig.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  Jay Triano off to PHX as associate head coach. I think that's a great role for him with a first year head coach in Watson.

I thought Triano was in over his head in Toronto at the time they promoted him but I'd like to see him get another shot at a head coaching gig.
                  His offense is pretty effective but he needs some help defensively. Him with our current crop of assistants would be a pretty ok pairing. Greer is a smart defensive guy.

Also, isn't he the HC of team canada?
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                    His offense is pretty effective but he needs some help defensively. Him with our current crop of assistants would be a pretty ok pairing. Greer is a smart defensive guy.

Also, isn't he the HC of team canada?
                    He did coach the FIBA team last year.

I agree that Greer is a great coach, but so is Kalamian.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Katherynne73 wrote: View Post
                      He did coach the FIBA team last year.

That's true, and?

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Anyone hear any rumblings yet on who our new assistant coaches are going to be?

It was upsetting to lose Greer and Mermuys. Will we improve or go backwards?

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
                          Anyone hear any rumblings yet on who our new assistant coaches are going to be?

It was upsetting to lose Greer and Mermuys. Will we improve or go backwards?
                          we actually lost Stackhouse on the sideline who is replacing Mermuys on the raptors905...still 2 new assistants coming...keeping my fingers crossed that one of them will be Scott Morrison...Canada Basketball senior mens assistant, current head coach of the Maine Red claws, D-league coach of the year and someone coming out of the Brad Stevens/Danny Ainge camp...whose Canadian, came out of CIS and a national program candidate to replace Triano when the time comes. second one should maybe be a vet ex-player that glowed leadership in the Sam Cassel or Juwan Howard mold

Comment

• Coaching Prospects & The Preferred Style of Play

I'm not well versed in the coaching prospects that are out there available in case/when Casey goes. For those who are, what are your choices of coaching candidates and what about their style of play/philosophy do you like?
                            Personally I would like to see a Budenholzer type of guy, not sure who's out there that can be that guy.

Comment

• If we're keeping the same core (Lowry/DD/Powell/Ibaka/JV) and want to stay competitive with it, then I'd bring in Jeff Van Gundy. Our roster feels like a JVG type of team, although the game has definitely changed since he last coached.

If we're starting from scratch, then I'd bring in Ettore Messina. Depending on the style he wants to play, that could trigger a few years or more of rebuilding.

Comment

• Winning one
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X