• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    same here, except for when it's 12 minutes straight haha
    Unless last 6 of 1st half and first 6 of 2nd

Comment

• Watching bulls right now. What a pleasure.

Going to watch GSw later.

Hopefully it will help cleanse the stink of Casey

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Thibs. He plays his main guys way too much. While many other playoff teams are resting their guys right about now, he keeps guys like Gasol going to relatively meaningless games. As a result all of the core team gets injured. (Rose, Noah, butler now and Deng when he was in Chicago)

I think James Borrego, the interim head coach in Orlando is worth a look. While his record as a head coach is only 7-12, he has the Magic playing much better than they were before he took over. The players all seem to really respect him and are playing hard in meaningless games. He took over just about at the all star break and since then Elfrid Payton and Victor Oladipo have both stepped their games up. He has a high basketball IQ. He worked with the Spurs for seven seasons before going to New Orleans for a year and now Orlando. He is 37, which makes him one of the youngest current head coaches. This makes him relatively inexperienced, this being his first time as a head coach. I like how he has shaken up the Magic rotation, by playing guys like Andrew Nicholson and Mo Harkless more. My biggest concern is that he doesn't have enough experience as a head coach. I haven't heard many other names that jump out at me, the only real one is Nash, who is also inexperienced.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          I'm not a fan of Thibs. He plays his main guys way too much. While many other playoff teams are resting their guys right about now, he keeps guys like Gasol going to relatively meaningless games. As a result all of the core team gets injured. (Rose, Noah, butler now and Deng when he was in Chicago)

I think James Borrego, the interim head coach in Orlando is worth a look. While his record as a head coach is only 7-12, he has the Magic playing much better than they were before he took over. The players all seem to really respect him and are playing hard in meaningless games. He took over just about at the all star break and since then Elfrid Payton and Victor Oladipo have both stepped their games up. He has a high basketball IQ. He worked with the Spurs for seven seasons before going to New Orleans for a year and now Orlando. He is 37, which makes him one of the youngest current head coaches. This makes him relatively inexperienced, this being his first time as a head coach. I like how he has shaken up the Magic rotation, by playing guys like Andrew Nicholson and Mo Harkless more. My biggest concern is that he doesn't have enough experience as a head coach. I haven't heard many other names that jump out at me, the only real one is Nash, who is also inexperienced.
          If the Magic don't want him why would the Raptors?

Comment

• Bulls fell apart. Up19 5 mins into 3rd. Now down 12 in the fourth. Yikes.

Thibs sucks!!

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Bulls fell apart. Up19 5 mins into 3rd. Now down 12 in the fourth. Yikes.

Thibs sucks!!
              they lost to Detroit! Raps fucking suck
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• In defense...back to back with a depleted team and Detroit couldnt miss 3s. Suppose Chi were gassed in the 4th trying to get to the perimeter. Happens. Practice tomorrow boys. Just kidding.

Comment

• Bulls is the only team which hasn't covered a spread on b2b game this season!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Bulls is the only team which hasn't covered a spread on b2b game this season!
                    This game was a blowout though....got 63 some point scored on them second half. Thibs must eaten his tie.

Comment

• If we somehow manage to lose against the Knicks, Pistons or Lakers....

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        If the Magic don't want him why would the Raptors?
                        Nobody said the Magic didn't want him...

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Nobody said the Magic didn't want him...
                          If he's available then Magic are going in another direction, if they keep him he's unavailable. Any interim coach needs at least a full season unless Magic have a target already

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            MU has a lot of work to do this summer to satisfy you guys ...

1) Find a Phil Jackson, Popovich or Kerr type coach
                            2) Rebuild this team so it can actually got to East Final or will you guys be happy with just making the play offs and getting pass the first round again?
                            to go to the east finals all we need to do is end up in fourth and not second or third.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Great coach, but his act probably wouldn't last even a half a season in today's NBA. Pro sports are increasingly controlled by player agents and you'd have players crying to them after the first time they got their feelings hurt. Think of Bobby Knight in his prime and ask yourself if that would work with today's coddled NBA players, especially stars. And you could pretty much forget about attracting any free agents and guys not wanting to be traded here. Nice idea for another era, though.
                              While I believe you are right in regards to some players not wanting to play for a coach like that, I completely disagree that Smart wouldn't work in today's NBA. Main reason being: if players don't want to play for a coach like Smart, they aren't players you want on your team anyways.

Also believe it's a bit naive to think that players don't get called out by elite coaches. You think Pop, Sloan, Phil, Karl, Daly coddled their players because of agents and potential FA signings? Players care about winning. If you can't handle criticism that makes you and your team better then you aren't elite.

The only player on this team that I feel would struggle with Smart is DeMar. If anything, having him called out in front of his teammates would motivate the rest of them even more. Truly believe guys like Patterson and JV resent him for his pre-madonna attitude.

If you look at players around the league that wouldn't want to play for a coach that called them out on their mistakes, then I think you'd have a team full of talented, yet individual players, such as:

Carmelo
                              Young
                              DeMar
                              Waiters
                              Rondo
                              etc.
                              There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

• RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                                The only player on this team that I feel would struggle with Smart is DeMar. If anything, having him called out in front of his teammates would motivate the rest of them even more. Truly believe guys like Patterson and JV resent him for his pre-madonna attitude.

If you look at players around the league that wouldn't want to play for a coach that called them out on their mistakes, then I think you'd have a team full of talented, yet individual players, such as:

Carmelo
                                Young
                                DeMar
                                Waiters
                                Rondo
                                etc.
                                Very opinion.
                                Such "I believe"

Comment

Working...
                                X