• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wouldn't trust Webber with timeouts
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      It's hard to judge, but I don't think either could manage a head coaching job.

Oddly enough, I think Webber could potentially be an amazing assistant/big man coach.
      Actually I always thought Webber could handle being a head coach. He had such high basketball IQ for a big man that I've seen play. You got to think that translates to coaching. But he doesn't exactly have the personality to be a HC...to relaxed.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        wouldn't trust Webber with timeouts
        Wow, like that huh?

Comment

Kevin Ollie released a statement today that was basically "fuck off NBA teams, I'm happy with my job at the moment". Doesn't seem like he's in a rush to jump to the NBA. He's still young and has a sweet college gig.

*Maybe he'd re-think that if he got to coach Durant. But I think short of that kind of opportunity, where he gets a top 5 player to coach, he probably won't be inclined to take an NBA job.

they all snakes
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Never heard about Obradovic.
            Has won 8 Euroleague titles, which has gotta be up there for most (*looked around and I believe it is). 5 with Panathinaikos from '99-2012. And the other 3 were with 3 different teams in the early-mid 90s. So 8 titles with 4 different teams.

Oh, and he's one of the guys Pop respects and has likely borrowed some of his scheming for the Spurs offence. An article from 2007.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...rigue-Popovich

Eager to analyze some of the plays used by renowned coach Zelimir Obradovic to get easy baskets for his Panathinaikos team in Saturday night's preseason game, Spurs' coach Gregg Popovich was watching film with his morning coffee.

"Coach Obradovic may be the best coach in Europe at this stage and one of the best in the world," Popovich said. "He could easily be over here coaching an NBA team, in my opinion. I can't wait to watch the films and see some of the things they run because he does a lot of good things."

Thirteen-year veteran Brent Barry likened playing Panathinaikos to facing Phoenix, the NBA's fastest-paced team.

"All of a sudden, we're having flashbacks of playing the Suns," Barry said, "with guys setting pick and rolls all over and guys flying around. It's the way basketball was meant to be played. That's the beauty of the game: ball movement and player movement."

By season's end, expect to see a little bit of Obradovic's frenetic offense added to Popovich's system. That system has been a work in progress through the 12 years Popovich has been Spurs' head coach.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Apr 22, 2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

they all snakes
              Yeah, like I said, maybe for a job where he gets to join an already assembled contender with a top 5, shit top 3 player in the world, that's a pretty sweet gig.

Joining a Toronto team that may or may not go through significant changes over the next couple of years....not so much.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                Wow, like that huh?
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  Actually I always thought Webber could handle being a head coach. He had such high basketball IQ for a big man that I've seen play. You got to think that translates to coaching. But he doesn't exactly have the personality to be a HC...to relaxed.
                  Yeah, that's more what I was thinking. But I agree on the rest, and that's what makes me think he'd be a great assistant. A more relaxed attitude is great for the guy helping your young big men, and players in general. He's a skilled/smart enough bball dude that he'd probably be able to contribute beyond just developing bigs, but he could be great at that.

Comment

• If only we could clone Brad Stevens...... *sigh*

Comment

• What about Chauncey Billups?

Comment

Has won 8 Euroleague titles, which has gotta be up there for most (*looked around and I believe it is). 5 with Panathinaikos from '99-2012. And the other 3 were with 3 different teams in the early-mid 90s. So 8 titles with 4 different teams.

Oh, and he's one of the guys Pop respects and has likely borrowed some of his scheming for the Spurs offence. An article from 2007.

Eager to analyze some of the plays used by renowned coach Zelimir Obradovic to get easy baskets for his Panathinaikos team in Saturday night's preseason game, Spurs' coach Gregg Popovich was watching film with his morning coffee.

"Coach Obradovic may be the best coach in Europe at this stage and one of the best in the world," Popovich said. "He could easily be over here coaching an NBA team, in my opinion. I can't wait to watch the films and see some of the things they run because he does a lot of good things."

Thirteen-year veteran Brent Barry likened playing Panathinaikos to facing Phoenix, the NBA's fastest-paced team.

"All of a sudden, we're having flashbacks of playing the Suns," Barry said, "with guys setting pick and rolls all over and guys flying around. It's the way basketball was meant to be played. That's the beauty of the game: ball movement and player movement."

By season's end, expect to see a little bit of Obradovic's frenetic offense added to Popovich's system. That system has been a work in progress through the 12 years Popovich has been Spurs' head coach.
                        Well that sounds pretty damn good right about now.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It would be great to have an elite coach.

Stevens is showing what an elite coach can do with even a mediocre roster.

Comment

• lool
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I vote for Nav Bhatia.

If he's unavailable, 4 Korners.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Scott Brooks is available...
                                Nah. Scott Brooks is pretty much Dwane Casey/Mike Brown with 2 (3 at one point) legit all-stars. OKC should have fired him 2 years ago.
                                Last edited by 2KJ; Wed Apr 22, 2015, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X