No announcement yet.

Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could get behind barkley if it keant the end of casey.

Hell give me shaq breakdancing on the sidelines.

Comment

• http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ba-head-coach/
      Nash has no interest in coaching...

im starting to like the idea of Ettore Messina,
      1. he seems like the type of out of the box hire Masai looks for
      2. he's one the greatest euro-league coaches of all time
      3. his NBA experience was FT coaching consulting for the Lakers and assistant on the Spurs...those are some class organizations. Plus from what I understand he uses the Princeton offence "emphasizes constant motion, passing, back-door cuts, picks on and off the ball, and disciplined teamwork." which is similar to the Pop/Budenholzer systems all about ball movement.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I say go after Shane Battier. Need a smart coach. No more idiots please.
        except Shane Battier has much bigger plans...like being recruited by the democrats to represent them for state senate...Battier is moving on to a bigger game...american politics.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          For me Gentry will always be tainted by the way everybody involved ruined Phoenix after BC/D'Antoni, which includes Kerr as GM and Gentry as coach. Those guys completely wasted the end of Nash's career and everything that made the run & gun Suns fun.
          Yeah that 7 seconds or Shaq era was painful. But Gentry was the coach on Nash's best run. I think he's the lead assistant for G-State now too. Guy knows how to coach a proper offense. Apparently he's a candidate for the Thunder.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
            except Shane Battier has much bigger plans...like being recruited by the democrats to represent them for state senate...Battier is moving on to a bigger game...american politics.
            I don't know if Battier wants to coach. He was asked to represent the democratic party but said no. He's currently working for ESPN as an analyst for the NCAA. Doesn't hurt to ask if he'd be interested.

Comment

• I'd be into Gentry. He is an offensive genius that helped Kerr with the Warriors' offense, and Gentry probably learned a lot about their defensive principles this year too. I think he's the only guy with NBA experience that I'd be willing to go for. Otherwise I'd look at assistants, college coaches or creative ex-players.

Comment

• Hmm....

Seems Gentry could be the right guy, but IDK about it.

I like Reggie as a HC a lot though. Him or Battier would make a ideal candidate.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• If Gentry is a bidding war with OKC, does MLSE wallet trump OKC talent?

Doubt it.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Ettore Messina!!!!!
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• When MU was assistant GM to BC was when Messina to the Raptors first came about to replace Triano, something tells me that he is Masai's guy...

Comment

• In for Reggie Miller because he would not give a damn about a players status and would hold everyone accountable (ex. Giving Lowry an earful for those stupid ass yolo passes)

Comment

• I have no confidence that Reggie would have any clue how to coach. Nothing about him makes me think good coach.

Comment

• I have no clue what to make of Gentry. Basketball lifer who's bounced around some pretty different situations. He hasn't had that much success as a head coach, but is that because of the situations or because of his coaching? Beats me

Comment

• Gentry seems really good, but is getting up there in years at 60

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                I have no clue what to make of Gentry. Basketball lifer who's bounced around some pretty different situations. He hasn't had that much success as a head coach, but is that because of the situations or because of his coaching? Beats me
                                True...kind of reminds me of Dunleavy who for some reason seems to get lots of consideration when openings come up (though I haven't heard his name lately).

Comment

Working...
                                X