No announcement yet.

Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it a bit sad that people are choosing to objectify Hammon instead of treating her like any other coaching prospect. It's 2015 people.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I find it a bit sad that people are choosing to objectify Hammon instead of treating her like any other coaching prospect. It's 2015 people.
      Meh, she could be the greatest coach of all time, that doesn't make her unattractive. Kind of like Eugenie Bouchard, everyone's aware that she's a really good tennis player but people will still talk about how good-looking she is. I think it's justified as long as you don't downplay her abilities.

Comment

I find it a bit sad that people are choosing to objectify Hammon instead of treating her like any other coaching prospect. It's 2015 people.
        People are people, that shit'll always happen.

Thing is she has her own problems that she will have to prove she can overcome like any other coaching prospect.

Her being a she separates her from other candidates because she will have to deal with people, who will always be people, and that shit'll always happen.

Of course she might have the right attitude and personality that it could all work out, and if she knows her basketball then I say welcome aboard!

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
          People are people, that shit'll always happen.

Thing is she has her own problems that she will have to prove she can overcome like any other coaching prospect.

Her being a she separates her from other candidates because she will have to deal with people, who will always be people, and that shit'll always happen.

Of course she might have the right attitude and personality that it could all work out, and if she knows her basketball then I say welcome aboard!
          I'm surprised how little attention Hammond has gotten as a female coach in a major NA pro league. Mind you if she were coaching in LA or NY it would probably be a lot different.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I'm surprised how little attention Hammond has gotten as a female coach in a major NA pro league. Mind you if she were coaching in LA or NY it would probably be a lot different.
            I can't think of a better situation for her really. Gets to learn from pop while being in the least looked at franchise. Really great for her

Comment

It's not about what the people in Toronto would think about having a female coach, it's the American side of league that makes it a problem. Being in Canada already puts the raps at a disadvantage and having a woman calling the shots while on the come up just brings more negative attention that we don't need. It doesn't matter how good she may be, you can't justify it happening here unless there's a durant locked in to a long term deal and we've already reached contender status.
              There's just too many players in the league that won't have the same respect for her as they do a male lead even if nobody is willing to admit it.

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                It's not about what the people in Toronto would think about having a female coach, it's the American side of league that makes it a problem. Being in Canada already puts the raps at a disadvantage and having a woman calling the shots while on the come up just brings more negative attention that we don't need. It doesn't matter how good she may be, you can't justify it happening here unless there's a durant locked in to a long term deal and we've already reached contender status.
                There's just too many players in the league that won't have the same respect for her as they do a male lead even if nobody is willing to admit it.
                Do you really think they'd disrespect her because she's a female? Honest question. We are still seeing these issues in the Canadian military and the RCMP. Somehow I think NBA players might surprise the skeptics.

Comment

Do you really think they'd disrespect her because she's a female? Honest question. We are still seeing these issues in the Canadian military and the RCMP. Somehow I think NBA players might surprise the skeptics.
                  I think some would. Probably not the majority. But there are probably some who would.

Discrimination of every type happens in every industry. She starts winning in a year or two, doesn't take any shit... Well then I don't think it would be much of an issue.

Comment

• Without being able to scan the entire thread, I had Avery Johnson down as one I liked but appears he's signed with a college team. How about Nate MacMillan or Alvin Gentry? If someone could fill me in on these potential coaching candidates...

One thing that has bothered me while reading parts of this thread is every time someone names a coach not named Popovich or Thibodeau, someone else jumps in and say "oh god no, not that guy". I can see why half of you want to hire someone no one has ever heard of..
                    Last edited by ebrian; Fri May 8, 2015, 02:02 PM.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Some may suprise, but yeah a lot of them come from some sketchy areas that don't exactly have the highest respect towards women; start losing a few games, things get heated a lot of guys aren't going to take very well to being disciplined by a woman, in a mans league.
                      I'm perfectly fine with a woman in a bench role but as a head coach I can't see it ever working in the nba without a whole lot of locker room trouble.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                        Without being able to scan the entire thread, I had Avery Johnson down as one I liked but appears he's signed with a college team. How about Nate MacMillan or Alvin Gentry? If someone could fill me in on these potential coaching candidates...

One thing that has bothered me while reading parts of this thread is every time someone names a coach not named Popovich or Thibodeau, someone else jumps in and say "oh god no, not that guy". I can see why half of you want to hire someone no one has ever heard of..
                        We just don't want guys that were huge failures and got fired. Avery Johnson sucked everywhere he coached. He gets by on his time with Dallas when he got to take over a stacked team of vets that could have coached itself to the 2nd round of the playoffs, yet kept losing in the 1st round until he got fired. He was terrible in Brooklyn.

Can you name any head coaches that were fired somewhere and went on to be a good head coach somewhere else? I can't, and that's why I don't want a retread and prefer giving the opportunity to someone who hasn't gotten a chance to be a nba head coach yet.
                        Last edited by Primer; Fri May 8, 2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          We just don't want guys that were huge failures and got fired. Avery Johnson sucked everywhere he coached. He gets by on his time with Dallas when he got to take over a stacked team of vets that could have coached itself to the 2nd round of the playoffs, yet kept losing in the 1st round until he got fired. He was terrible in Brooklyn.

Can you name any head coaches that were fired somewhere and went on to be a good head coach somewhere else? I can't, and that's why I don't want a retread and prefer giving the opportunity to someone who hasn't gotten a chance to be a nba head coach yet.
                          That are currently available, or ever?

George Karl, Doc Rivers, Rick Carlisle were all fired in early parts of their career and went on to have long, flourishing coaching careers.

Some of the records for firing are harder to dig up because there are the ones where they "mutually" agreed not to extend the contract, which could mean an amicable separation or a nice way to fire someone.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                            That are currently available, or ever?

George Karl, Doc Rivers, Rick Carlisle were all fired in early parts of their career and went on to have long, flourishing coaching careers.

Some of the records for firing are harder to dig up because there are the ones where they "mutually" agreed not to extend the contract, which could mean an amicable separation or a nice way to fire someone.
                            DAVID BLATT TO TORONTO!!

I think he's worth a gamble, especially if he's given free reign to do his thing (unlike in Cleveland)
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

• Nate McMillan would be a good coach. I want someone who is going to make use of JV.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                DAVID BLATT TO TORONTO!!

I think he's worth a gamble, especially if he's given free reign to do his thing (unlike in Cleveland)
                                David Blatt almost Chris Webber'd the Cavs last night. Walked on the floor to call a time out when he didn't have any - saved by his own ac.

Comment

Working...
                                X