Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patching our Biggest Need: Is it at the 3 or the 4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patching our Biggest Need: Is it at the 3 or the 4 ?

If you had the money to fix only one of the two areas that need to have a talent upgrade which would it be, the SF or PF spots ?

Our spot in the draft won't yield an immediate impact player this year. Which leaves Free Agency as the way to upgrade with an impact player. Which UFA's do we target ?
    Small Forward
    30.77%
    Power Forward
    69.23%
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

PF - Need to have an offensive threat in the low post for the sake of offensive balance. Could use the help on the glass too.

I think the combination of JJ and DeMar can help alleviate the hole at SF for now.

Comment

PF. Go for Paul Millsap in Free Agency
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

PF is a black hole for the Raptors this season. Amir is an inconsistent shell of his former self, who offers little to nothing offensively. Patterson is even more inconsistent and plays more as an oversized 3. Neither should be a starting PF on a contending team. JV needs more help down-low at both ends of the court, as both a defensive presence and post-up threat.

The combination of Ross, JJ, Vasquez and Lou can piece together an effective #2 wing-position-by-committee alongside DeRozan. I think at least one of the wing positions needs an upgrade, but it's definitely not as urgent as the PF spot.

Comment

I think you need to be reactive to the market; there aren't enough impact free agents to get locked in on one position or the other. You go after the top five or so youngish guys at both positions, no matter how unattainable they seem. If you get one of them, great. Put the other position as a to-do item for 2016. If you strike out, get some stop-gap solutions and good value guys, keep flexibility, and fix both in 2016.

Comment

I say PF due to we don't know what Daniels brings to the table. If we were going to nab a 3, we needed to do so at the deadline.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                PF - Need to have an offensive threat in the low post for the sake of offensive balance. Could use the help on the glass too.
                JV is supposed to be that guy no??

Are the fans starting to lose confidence in JV?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

He doesn't play
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    He doesn't play
                    Even if he does play, he's not at a point where you can run a clear out that guarantees either a double team, or a basket. He's made great progress this season, but he's not there yet.

The type of effect I'm thinking of is a Bosh, Gasol, Aldridge, Randolph, Monroe, West, Sullinger, etc type. These are guys who can score in single coverage whenever they want.
                    Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Mar 16, 2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Is a coach a 0 or a 6? Because that's what we need.

Comment

Definitely a 4 but more important a PG who is willing to pass to the bigs. You can get the most offensively talented PF in the league and if he gets only 8 shots a game, then you really have not made any significant improvement.

Comment

Paul Milsap is perfect for this team. Exactly the player we need to get.

Improving our Coach simultaneously could result a championship contender.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I'd go with the 4. JV needs help on the glass and Amir needs to be relegated to backup big role which can benefit him as well, extending his career.

I really want TT on this team. He's a beast on the boards, he's got the size and strength for the 4 and he's still young.

Comment

Fire Casey, get Millsap and hire a coach that makes our offence more big-oriented.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                              X