Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Couple of Things

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Couple of Things

Anyone else slightly disturbed with Turkoglu's 19 rebounds? I watched most of the game (sometimes i just had to look away)...he played with fire, effort. He grabbed 19 boards...where the hell has this been all year? Obviously i'm not saying he should be rebounding like that, what i'm saying is he starts playing basketball like he cares 80 games into an 82 game season! Buddy, seriously, where was that before? It only highlights, to me, the problems with this season. That being said, if he plays like that next year, if we keep him and rebuild with a young core, he may enjoy his captainship and play like the team-star he wants to be.

Secondly, Bosh leaves, we desperately need a defensive, rebounding center so Bargs can move to the 4. Any team with him as the 5 is going nowhere. Question: how do we get one and who would it be? Any chance we can trade for a higher pick?

Raptors Republic Starter Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This game and this season is on Jay Triano.

Get a clue, this team has been shit all season. It's like the Homers just realized.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Anyone else slightly disturbed with Turkoglu's 19 rebounds? I watched most of the game (sometimes i just had to look away)...he played with fire, effort. He grabbed 19 boards...where the hell has this been all year? Obviously i'm not saying he should be rebounding like that, what i'm saying is he starts playing basketball like he cares 80 games into an 82 game season! Buddy, seriously, where was that before? It only highlights, to me, the problems with this season. That being said, if he plays like that next year, if we keep him and rebuild with a young core, he may enjoy his captainship and play like the team-star he wants to be.

Secondly, Bosh leaves, we desperately need a defensive, rebounding center so Bargs can move to the 4. Any team with him as the 5 is going nowhere. Question: how do we get one and who would it be? Any chance we can trade for a higher pick?
    S&T Bosh+Banks = Yao (back-up), Battie and Jordan Hill
    Sign Carlos Boozer as a center!

Lineup:
    PG: Calderon / Jack (They both "decent" pgs ... if we lose anyone we will be lacking pg depth like last year...don't say Banks can handle it )
    SG: Battie / DeMar / Weems (wicked defense of Battie)
    SF: Turk / Weems / DeMar (two young SG/SF)
    PF: Bargnani / Carlos Boozer / Amir (STACKED in PF and C) / Jordan Hill
    C: Boozer / Yao (injury prone and getting older...why not be a backup?) / Joey Dorsey

Make it Done!!!

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo! Trade scenarios! I love this!

No can do. We cant get both Yao and Boozer. Unless MLSE wont mind the luxury tax, but even if, Yao is too injury prone and boozer will never ever go north of the border. and boozer is not a defensive presence either. Id want a haywood type player. no need to score, just rebound and block. dalembert would be wicked if we can sway him with "this is a canadian team" pitch.

s&t bosh for sure, but with who, dont know yet
    trade jose while he still has value
    trade evans
    re-sign weems and amir to reasonable contracts

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

hey is an offtopic question: who would be close to Chris Bosh potential and skillset?
    Anthony Randolph or Jordan Hill?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Randolph probably, he's defiantly a finesse player while Hill seems more intent on banging. I'm a pretty big Randolph homer though, he's one off season of bulking up away from dominating this league.

Yao would be interesting. I think he's expiring after next year, so it would be a low risk/high reward.

We could probably Dalembert for Jose or Turk, his contract is god awful and he's terribly inconsistent. The unintentional comedy of having Leo try and praise Dalembert would worth it alone.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

but Dalembert is declining .... not age wise...but skill set is uhhh... not improving whatsoever

Post Thanks / Like

Warriors have a high draft pick. Could be high enough to maybe draft Cousins. Hi enough to draft any of the other C's regardless. Would Golden State trade their pick for Bosh? The Warriors with Bosh would be an unstoppable offensive juggernaut:

Curry
    Ellis
    Magette
    Bosh
    Biedrins

Their starters alone net you an average of 90+.

Of course some salaries would have to come back our way...ronnie turiaf, randolph, 1st rounder...somone else? don't know about this, but the ability to get a young center to pair with derozan, weems, johnson/randolph and bargnani is enticing.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Warriors have a high draft pick. Could be high enough to maybe draft Cousins. Hi enough to draft any of the other C's regardless. Would Golden State trade their pick for Bosh? The Warriors with Bosh would be an unstoppable offensive juggernaut:

Curry
    Ellis
    Magette
    Bosh
    Biedrins

Their starters alone net you an average of 90+.

Of course some salaries would have to come back our way...ronnie turiaf, randolph, 1st rounder...somone else? don't know about this, but the ability to get a young center to pair with derozan, weems, johnson/randolph and bargnani is enticing.
    Lineup:
    C: Bargnani = Dirk-like
    PF: Randolph = Bosh-like
    SG: DeRozen = Vince-like
    SF: Weems = Granger-like (which we should of pick in the first place...lol :P)
    PG: Calderon (Stockton-like??.... don't kill me for saying that )

with this line up.... we still don't play defense as a team.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to move Bargs to the 4. get a real center at the 5. Bargs cannot be the man in the post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Faithleader wrote: View Post
    Lineup:
    C: Bargnani = Dirk-like
    PF: Randolph = Bosh-like
    SG: DeRozen = Vince-like
    SF: Weems = Granger-like (which we should of pick in the first place...lol :P)
    PG: Calderon (Stockton-like??.... don't kill me for saying that )

with this line up.... we still don't play defense as a team.
    Do you consider a Toyota FJ Cruiser being Cadillac Escalade-like? What about a Mazda Miata being Porshe-like?

Post Thanks / Like

Triano went with the smaller lineup a lot which meant Turk played the 4 and at 6'10" he can be a decent rebounder. Once he's closer to the rim, his lack of quickness on the wing doesn't come into play and he's a better defender.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ny-toronto-phila

bosh to ny
    harrington, house to phila
    dalembert, chandler, young to toronto

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Do you consider a Toyota FJ Cruiser being Cadillac Escalade-like? What about a Mazda Miata being Porshe-like?
    Don't make fun of Toyota FJ Cruiser!!!!! ....lol

As for Turk = getting rebound without Bargnani not helping or getting 3-5 = he will be tried = gradual decrease in pt and assist in every qt.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't make fun of Toyota FJ Cruiser!!!!! ....lol
    Hey, I'm a Toyota guy. I can talk. I own an '09 Tacoma...

Post Thanks / Like

boo-urns on dalembert and chandler. that keeps TO firmly entrenched in the middle. you need to build a team that can either immediately contend or that can grow in time to do so. otherwise you might as well just simulate the seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Chandler is still pretty young, right?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Chandler is young but.....he is like Oden slight offensive game and injured prone.......i rather have Okafor than Chandler any day

Post Thanks / Like

between weems, derozan and turkoglu i don't see where chandler fits...and i really can't see turkoglu going anywhere with his contract. plus i think i'd like him to stick around and play the veteran to a young core. with calderon, jack, bosh and bargnani, turkoglu never really made much sense. move one of calderon or jack, however, and if bosh goes then i think turkoglu gets the room to be more effective.

second most important thing for the raps - besides getting a real center - is for derozan to develop better ball handling skills. also, and i don't know why i'm even bothering to say this as to most people i'm immediately gonna be written off (door's open for the hate): banks is a serviceable back up. highest PER on the team behind bosh, calderon and jack. played solid whenever he was out there this season. plus his contract is up, so in no way are we banking our future on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Chandler is young but.....he is like Oden slight offensive game and injured prone.......i rather have Okafor than Chandler any day
    I don't think that's fair. Chandler has played in 79% of potential regular season games in his nine seasons. Oden has played only 33% of his potential regular season games. I think a more fair comparison would be to Marcus Camby... FYI, Camby only suited up for 67% of regulars season games. One more interesting stat. 56%, that's Chandler's FG%. He's not a power house on offense, doesn't take many shots but he takes good shots. He also gives you good defensive efforts night in night out. It's about time the team brought guys who care more about how many points they limit their opponent to over their season PPG.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information