Thread: Big Games, Big Moments, Big Collapses.

Raptors Republic Rookie DoubleR_T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Games, Big Moments, Big Collapses.

I'll make this short, 7 minutes left in the 3rd Q Sunday vs. Bulls; the Raptors, as a team, suck this year. Bosh isn't playing, whatever, he had another meaningless, statistically successful year. Every single time they face a big game, big play, big quarter, anything of remote importance, they fail. They don't fail to superior opposition, they fail because of a total lack of substance. Now, in the biggest game they've played in three years, they are down 19 to a very beatable Chicago Bulls team. The ONLY excitement I feel like I have felt this year is when Jack Armstrong or Leo are pondering whether the Raps can finish closing the gap when they 'narrow the lead to 9'.

If Triano isn't fired in the off-season and something isn't done about defense and competitive fire in the line-up this will be my last season watching this failure of a franchise. It's all you can do as a fan, my only voice is forums and not buying/watching/attending anything Raptors.

I couldn't make it short I guess, just too frustrated.
    Last edited by DoubleR_T; Sun Apr 11th, 2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: typo

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Fire triano and ivaroni

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

after 4 seasons we can clearly

now say that:

Colangelo = FAIL!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

2.09AM here in italy, and I'm wasting my sleep to watch this embarassing match

Raptors Republic Rookie Brain Colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Turk has 19 boards! Imagine if Bosh could rebound like he does.

Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

stats equal points and rebound's what else do you assholes want from him. That display only shows the problem is bigger than him. What did the rest of the team do without him.

Post Thanks / Like

wins brakeman. There have been a lot of players in all sports history who can score, or just plain look good on paper but not win games. Regardless, the focus of this post is not just Bosh so let's not go down that road.

Raptors Republic Rookie bhattmagandhi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is a JOKE for a #1 overall pick. He's a 7 footer who can't rebound. Joke.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote skiele wrote: View Post
    2.09AM here in italy, and I'm wasting my sleep to watch this embarassing match
    in belgium this hurts a much
    COLANGELO TRIANO IVARONI GTFO!!!!

Raptors Republic Rookie Brain Colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bad team with no heart. The Colangelo experiment has failed. Other than stating the obvious - that telegenic GMs with good pedigrees get more time at the helm of our sports teams than they should (see Ricciardi, J.P.), there's nothing to say. I believed in Colangelo and am bitterly dissapointed. But at least baseball has started.

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just disgraceful, I've had it with this season, and the combined $20 million/year we are locked with Jose "can't dribble drive" Calderon, and Turkish Waste.

Okay, we win the final 2 games against the worst of the eastern conference, and the Bulls lose against Boston's Bench, and Charlotte's bench the next two games (which the Bulls won't because they are desperate).

This team needs a major "culture" change, that's all I'm gonna say.

Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoubleR_T wrote: View Post
    wins brakeman. There have been a lot of players in all sports history who can score, or just plain look good on paper but not win games. Regardless, the focus of this post is not just Bosh so let's not go down that road.
    a couple of months ago Bosh was the problem. He holds the ball too much and was keeping Andrea from becoming a star, Calderone only had one target. Bosh did not assemble this team nor should he be asked to lead it when the coachs won't step up and help decipline players.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentally prepare yourself to be the Nets... for the next five years.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope to see a real center in the roster next year, and see bargnani as a second/third offensive option in the SF position, because he's NOT a center, he's obviously a "nowitzki-style" (with the obvious skill/stat differences) small forward.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote skiele wrote: View Post
    I hope to see a real center in the roster next year, and see bargnani as a second/third offensive option in the SF position, because he's NOT a center, he's obviously a "nowitzki-style" (with the obvious skill/stat differences) small forward.
    Only problem with him as a SF is that it will be a mismatch defensively for us which doesn't solve one our biggest concerns. Bargnani although might shoot like a SF, he cannot play SF on this team or many others this case. Perhaps it could be considered if we were a stronger "help defensive" squad, but opposing SF's will blow by him all day long.

Best scenario if Bosh doesn't come back, bump Andrea to PF and find ourselves a defensive minded C who has some offensively potential much like Noah from the Bulls.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Doc except for to say the centre needs offensive potential, or that Noah from the Bulls has said offensive potential. The only offense they need from that spot would be the ability to hit free throws. Bargs definitely does not work at SF.. and even starting at PF will be tough for him. I want to say ideally on a team with players good enough to win anything Bargs would be coming off the bench... but it seems even more unorthodox than Bargs himself to have an offensive minded forward first off the bench. I do not want to cheapen death, but I get the same feeling thinking about next season as I do about dying. No idea what will happen, just ominous darkness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MaGIX wrote: View Post
    in belgium this hurts a much
    COLANGELO TRIANO IVARONI GTFO!!!!
    okay, say w/e you want guys. but, i can't believe you are singling out a first time head coach like triano and saying fire him, fire him.

the dude has 1 and 1/2 seasons under his belt colangelo has been here 4 years and i appreciate that's hes trying and doing w/e the frig he can without trading like 3 main guys. but, it's just not working out and i think he needs to be sent packing it's been like 5 years nothing has happened besides two first round playoff exits and two seasons out of the playoffs looking in.

iavoroni has been a long time assistant coach and hes been a head coach and he's not helping jay out at all, get rid of him.

triano still deserves a chance i'd keep bargnani,jack, sonny, demar(i'm a bit iffy but i say hold on to him), amir ( i like what he's done but i'm still liking his trade value), i say move bosh regardless of whether he wants to re-sign or not.

keep your young guys and i like what bargnani and jack have done lately so keep them and see what you can get for everyone else.

let's get this alex english guy to be the head assistant coach since he's this hall of famer dude.

i think we have a very smart gm but it's not working we need to go for someone else or try something different.

Thread Information