No announcement yet.

Big Games, Big Moments, Big Collapses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Games, Big Moments, Big Collapses.

I'll make this short, 7 minutes left in the 3rd Q Sunday vs. Bulls; the Raptors, as a team, suck this year. Bosh isn't playing, whatever, he had another meaningless, statistically successful year. Every single time they face a big game, big play, big quarter, anything of remote importance, they fail. They don't fail to superior opposition, they fail because of a total lack of substance. Now, in the biggest game they've played in three years, they are down 19 to a very beatable Chicago Bulls team. The ONLY excitement I feel like I have felt this year is when Jack Armstrong or Leo are pondering whether the Raps can finish closing the gap when they 'narrow the lead to 9'.

If Triano isn't fired in the off-season and something isn't done about defense and competitive fire in the line-up this will be my last season watching this failure of a franchise. It's all you can do as a fan, my only voice is forums and not buying/watching/attending anything Raptors.

I couldn't make it short I guess, just too frustrated.
    Last edited by DoubleR_T; Sun Apr 11, 2010, 07:45 PM. Reason: typo

Fire triano and ivaroni

Comment

after 4 seasons we can clearly

now say that:

Colangelo = FAIL!

Comment

2.09AM here in italy, and I'm wasting my sleep to watch this embarassing match

Comment

Turk has 19 boards! Imagine if Bosh could rebound like he does.

Comment

stats equal points and rebound's what else do you assholes want from him. That display only shows the problem is bigger than him. What did the rest of the team do without him.

Comment

wins brakeman. There have been a lot of players in all sports history who can score, or just plain look good on paper but not win games. Regardless, the focus of this post is not just Bosh so let's not go down that road.

Comment

Bargnani is a JOKE for a #1 overall pick. He's a 7 footer who can't rebound. Joke.
                "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
                ------------------------------------------
                "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

skiele wrote: View Post
                  2.09AM here in italy, and I'm wasting my sleep to watch this embarassing match
                  in belgium this hurts a much
                  COLANGELO TRIANO IVARONI GTFO!!!!

Comment

It's a bad team with no heart. The Colangelo experiment has failed. Other than stating the obvious - that telegenic GMs with good pedigrees get more time at the helm of our sports teams than they should (see Ricciardi, J.P.), there's nothing to say. I believed in Colangelo and am bitterly dissapointed. But at least baseball has started.

Comment

Just disgraceful, I've had it with this season, and the combined $20 million/year we are locked with Jose "can't dribble drive" Calderon, and Turkish Waste.

Okay, we win the final 2 games against the worst of the eastern conference, and the Bulls lose against Boston's Bench, and Charlotte's bench the next two games (which the Bulls won't because they are desperate).

This team needs a major "culture" change, that's all I'm gonna say.

Comment

DoubleR_T wrote: View Post
                        wins brakeman. There have been a lot of players in all sports history who can score, or just plain look good on paper but not win games. Regardless, the focus of this post is not just Bosh so let's not go down that road.
                        a couple of months ago Bosh was the problem. He holds the ball too much and was keeping Andrea from becoming a star, Calderone only had one target. Bosh did not assemble this team nor should he be asked to lead it when the coachs won't step up and help decipline players.

Comment

Mentally prepare yourself to be the Nets... for the next five years.

Comment

I hope to see a real center in the roster next year, and see bargnani as a second/third offensive option in the SF position, because he's NOT a center, he's obviously a "nowitzki-style" (with the obvious skill/stat differences) small forward.

Comment

skiele wrote: View Post
                              I hope to see a real center in the roster next year, and see bargnani as a second/third offensive option in the SF position, because he's NOT a center, he's obviously a "nowitzki-style" (with the obvious skill/stat differences) small forward.
                              Only problem with him as a SF is that it will be a mismatch defensively for us which doesn't solve one our biggest concerns. Bargnani although might shoot like a SF, he cannot play SF on this team or many others this case. Perhaps it could be considered if we were a stronger "help defensive" squad, but opposing SF's will blow by him all day long.

Best scenario if Bosh doesn't come back, bump Andrea to PF and find ourselves a defensive minded C who has some offensively potential much like Noah from the Bulls.

Comment

Working...
                              X