Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will mu have to start taking responsibility for dc's poor defensive coaching schemes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KHD wrote: View Post
    last season, the team was showing promise, and getting contributions from a developing JV and Ross. This season, it looks like development is being stagnated (JV) or destroyed (Ross), as well as the fact that the team is falling off the cliff both defensively and offensively.

If JV's involvement in the offence / trust from the coach had increased in step with his development he'd be ahead of where he is now, and the team would be better. But Casey has completely refused to make that adjustment. So that's grounds for firing now, which at the end of last year wasn't there.
    So MU has no control over his assets. Casey is not the only one in charge of development. What did MU do in summer? Send him to overrated Hakeem workshop? Teach him how to run? Ross didn't do shit in summer either.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      So MU has no control over his assets. Casey is not the only one in charge of development. What did MU do in summer? Send him to overrated Hakeem workshop? Teach him how to run? Ross didn't do shit in summer either.
      how does this have anything to do with the case for whether MU should be blamed for Casey now?

Honestly, what you seem incapable of grasping is that MU *already does* have to take responsibility. It is just that most of us don't think that his decisions so far have been poor under the circumstances. But you clearly do, so i'm not gonna try to convince you.

Like I said, if Casey is still here next season, then I'll have very little confidence in Ujiri.

Comment

Im sorry, but aside from jettisoning Bargnani....what has MU done in Toronto again??

He has a bit more than defensive schemes to answer for.

Comment

Do people remember the pre-MU convos about getting a new GM?

Do they remember that the consensus was nobody would want to touch this job with a 10ft flagpole because of the mess BC created? That it would probably take at least 2 years just to clean up that mess?

Seems to me Masai is ahead of schedule for where most people thought the team would be even in the best case.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            whats there to be responsible for? DC was already here when MU came. and the first year MU took over, DC did well. not MU's fault theres been a huge landslide this year. if DC continues his terrible streak, i'm sure he'll be gone soon.
            He did not have to re-sign DC last spring. He is responsible for re-signing DC. Yes I get part of the reasoning may have been to get KL to sign.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
              Im sorry, but aside from jettisoning Bargnani....what has MU done in Toronto again??

He has a bit more than defensive schemes to answer for.

Gay out, patterson in, vasquez in, hayes in, salmons in, salmons out, bebe in, drafted bruno, resigned Casey, resigned Lowry, williams in, hansbrough in, James Johnson in, am i missing anything?

you can debate the merits of anything you like, but it's not like he's been sitting around doing nothing.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Do people remember the pre-MU convos about getting a new GM?

Do they remember that the consensus was nobody would want to touch this job with a 10ft flagpole because of the mess BC created? That it would probably take at least 2 years just to clean up that mess?

Seems to me Masai is ahead of schedule for where most people thought the team would be even in the best case.
                We might not realize it because of how shitty shitty shitty shitty they play, but this team does have talent.

No need to tank or start that debate again.

Addition by subtraction.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  He did not have to re-sign DC last spring. He is responsible for re-signing DC. Yes I get part of the reasoning may have been to get KL to sign.
                  no shit he re-signed DC. why? because he was part of the reason for turning the team around again with the new roster and making the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

are you saying you would have fired DC last year or something??

Comment

Thread must be troll. First MU doesnt take responsibility for coaching schemes.. what does that even mean? That's the coach's (and coaching assistants) job. Second, since when is Casey a poor defensive coach? It wasn't that long ago that his schemes helped an nba team beat lebron james and co.. I've heard people call it 'old school'. 2011- SO ANCIENT! Third, we are not experts of defensive schemes. At most, I'd guess our knowledge comes from TV and the internet. These guys live this shit every. single. day. They eat, breathe and live this shit. And even if they aren't doing their jobs properly, odds are they'd know way better than we do what the problem is.

Therefore, troll.

Comment

Answer to OP question, this off-season.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I wouldn't call Karl a "massive" upgrade. He can't be really judged yet. We would have to wait and see in this case.
                        Karl has been out of the game for a while and in the NBA things changed REALLY fast.
                        We haven't seen yet if Karl has the ability to adapt to how things are going in this league right now.
                        Time will tell.

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        So he didn't want look bad instead of doing what was best for the team? There were enough reasons to fire Casey. He was outcoached by a rookie coach Jason Kidd. Rudy Gay prospered under Malone. Kings were ridiculed for firing Malone as well but in the end they got George Karl who is a massive upgrade.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          We might not realize it because of how shitty shitty shitty shitty they play, but this team does have talent.

No need to tank or start that debate again.

Addition by subtraction.
                          The team just needs a good healthy dose of restructuring and direction. I agree that the talent is here to be a decent team and a couple little moves could go a long way.

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
                            The team just needs a good healthy dose of restructuring and direction. I agree that the talent is here to be a decent team and a couple little moves could go a long way.
                            New coach.

Trade DeRozan*

Hit up free agency.

*BC had a style of player and Casey has a style of play. DD fits both profiles. Two other similar players were Gay and Bargnani. I think Raptors have similar response to DD trade as previous two trades.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                              Gay out, patterson in, vasquez in, hayes in, salmons in, salmons out, bebe in, drafted bruno, resigned Casey, resigned Lowry, williams in, hansbrough in, James Johnson in, am i missing anything?

you can debate the merits of anything you like, but it's not like he's been sitting around doing nothing.
                              Looks clear that he means significant moves. Signing Kyle to that deal was well done as well, as was Lou & Nog for Salmons. Everything else, BC or many other GMs likely could have accomplished.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with his schemes. It's about effort and focus. Players needs to take full responsibility.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X