Game #70: NY Knicks 89 - Toronto Raptors 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    jesus christ westbrook with another triple double!
    he's a beast
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      jesus christ westbrook with another triple double!
      He's an Android
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Gman wrote: View Post
        So you're saying a 29 yr old player has a few more veteran moves than the 22 yr old player. Okay, I think we're caught up. There's also a difference in how they are and should be utilized. JV wouldn't have to worry as much about improvising if this coach could implement a few set plays every now and then instead of just letting them diddle with the ball until a guard takes a shot.

JV is also significantly more efficient when he gets the ball. Tyler is a garbage man. It's what he's supposed to do. JV has a much higher ceiling than that, should be treated like that and should be played like that.
        Yep and between my first post you quoted and my second one in response to "white men can't jump" ...you'll see I said exactly the same things as you about the Raptors needing to modify there offense to cater better to JVs style AND that he's better than Hansbrough.

But am I wrong to say he would get more touches if he rolled to the basket after setting a pick, instead of just standing there. Open yourself up big man! If he's not getting the ball in the post, he tends to be behind his defenders instead of opening himself better to get the ball. I know the post game is his bread and butter, but I'd like to see him be a bit more creative in how he gets the ball.

This will come with time for sure, he's only 22. Its just something I've noticed when watching the difference in touches between JV and Hansbrough sometimes.

Comment

• Sterner looking coke'd up as usual

Comment

• Hahahaha jokes

Comment

• LMAO Lowry and Calderon sharing a laugh.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
                When I watch when Hansbrough's on, he gets more touches. Especially from Lou, which is crazy because Lou doesn't pass to anyone. I just feel like Hansbrough knows how to "play" better in our offense to get the ball.

I don't think that's JV's fault though. I think the Raptors need to modify their offense to cater more towards JV's game. But I think I'm more trying to point out that the way JV is on offense, he doesn't always get himself in the best position to get the ball. All he wants to do is get the ball in the post. When sometimes, I would like to see him roll to the basket more when he sets a screen, instead of just setting a pick and then standing there, which is what he does now.
                He doesn't get more touches though. Your eyes are playing tricks on you. Seem to be projecting what you saw for those few minutes today that Hansbrough got onto the whole season for some reason.

And btw, the reason JV doesn't roll is because he used to, but Lowry and DeMar drive right through the roll space. They both like to do that, where the big man thus has no real angle to roll, and has to stand there so as to not get in the way.

Comment

• Pass the ball to JV he has the biggest mismatch but nope

Comment

Yep and between my first post you quoted and my second one in response to "white men can't jump" ...you'll see I said exactly the same things as you about the Raptors needing to modify there offense to cater better to JVs style AND that he's better than Hansbrough.

But am I wrong to say he would get more touches if he rolled to the basket after setting a pick, instead of just standing there. Open yourself up big man! If he's not getting the ball in the post, he tends to be behind his defenders instead of opening himself better to get the ball. I know the post game is his bread and butter, but I'd like to see him be a bit more creative in how he gets the ball.

This will come with time for sure, he's only 22. Its just something I've noticed when watching the difference in touches between JV and Hansbrough sometimes.
                    JV has been as open as an airy fart before and he will get looked off. What your asking him to do isn't that sophisticated, so why isn't he made to do it? Why isn't it a part of the set offence? Because there is no set offence.

And he's not just better than Hansbrough. Tyler is a role player. JV is a go to guy...and he's not treated that way. They need to develop that in him. They need to develop swagger in him. Make him feel like he can dominate instead of undermining his confidence at every turn. You want to make him a better player? That's the formula right there. JV gets punished when he doesn't play well but he doesn't get rewarded when he does play well. Terrible leadership.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      He doesn't get more touches though. Your eyes are playing tricks on you. Seem to be projecting what you saw for those few minutes today that Hansbrough got onto the whole season for some reason.

And btw, the reason JV doesn't roll is because he used to, but Lowry and DeMar drive right through the roll space. They both like to do that, where the big man thus has no real angle to roll, and has to stand there so as to not get in the way.
                      OK sorry, not "more" touches, but different touches. I'd liked JV to get other opportunities to score on offense besides just post play. For example, I'd like him to take the midrange shot more when he gets them. It would increase his touches if he tried to get the ball in other ways than just posting up his man.

But anyways, I know I'm in the minority here in wanting JV to not just want to post up. So i'll let it go! Back to the game!

Comment

• oh god here we go again
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Holy fuck what is wrong with this guy's?

Here we go again

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            He doesn't get more touches though.
                            Hansbrough hardly ever shoots. It seems the coaching staff told him not to. But as a rhythm player, he has to have touches to get going. It's a basic tenet that going inside to your centres will help open up the outside, which is the Raptors' bread-and-butter. We will really need that in the playoffs, and we need different strategies to establish the inside game. Hansbrough rarely cuts to the basket, and as the previous poster pointed out, Valanciunas is not rolling the way he should this late in the season. These are relatively small changes that can be made to get the team ready for the playoffs.

Comment

• Ughhh you gotta make that JV

Comment

OK sorry, not "more" touches, but different touches. I'd liked JV to get other opportunities to score on offense besides just post play. For example, I'd like him to take the midrange shot more when he gets them. It would increase his touches if he tried to get the ball in other ways than just posting up his man.

But anyways, I know I'm in the minority here in wanting JV to not just want to post up. So i'll let it go! Back to the game!
                                You're not in the minority, many of us want his usage to be more utilized, but for the most part it's not his fault in the sense of making himself available enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X