No announcement yet.

Game #71: Toronto Raptors 104 - Detroit Pistons 108

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I watched Casey's interview. Does he really think getting a single screen up top can be considered a real play?

And then Lou waves off the screen to go one on one. Bogus. Trying to fulfill his childhood fantasies or some shit
    OG is our king

Comment

• I don't know how much worse things would be if you had Fields in the game playing a point guard role than leaving everything in GV's hands. At least with Fields you would have some D. Fields can pass, he is faster than GV and appears to have a higher BBall IQ. GV should only play the 2. Release Steamer and bring in someone from the D-League on a 10 day contract while you rest Lowry. Split the PG duties between the D-Leaguer and Fields.

JJ should stay back in Toronto for the next two weeks and do nothing but work on his 3 pt shot for 5 hours a day. Then sit Ross for the playoffs and replace him with JJ.

I can't believe I am saying the above but I can't take more of the same old same old.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
        So I watched Casey's interview. Does he really think getting a single screen up top can be considered a real play?

And then Lou waves off the screen to go one on one. Bogus. Trying to fulfill his childhood fantasies or some shit
        your signature quote sums up everyone's reaction right now.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Some salt from the horses' mouth

"The right to left crossover 3-point shot, that's the shot I shoot at the end of quarters," said Lou Williams post-game. "That was the same scenario for me. No different that the game was on the line. That's the shot I'm comfortable with, that's the shot that I make, that's the shot that I missed tonight."

"He had the iso. The clock was winding down and I feel like he had the shot. We give that to him all day because he's been making shots like that all season." - Amir Johnson, on the late 3-point attempt from Lou Williams

"We just scored on the same play with what we call a three quarter fist. High pick-and-roll - for whatever reason Lou (Williams) decided not to use it. Again, you've got to trust it. The first screen didn't set. I probably could have called a timeout with six seconds, but I thought Lou was going to attack. It was a set play that we had already called - we missed the screen. We didn't execute the screen." - Casey on the late shot attempt from Williams
          This is probably the most revealing & damning thing we learned from last night. These guys simply don't know a good shot from a bad shot. Even worse - they think Lou's actually making those shots. (he is, but at less than 30% success rate). It's almost delusional. That's 100% on the coaching staff.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
            During the game though, Lou often attacks his defender off the bounce and is very successful in drawing fouls... Whats his excuse for not switching things up and trying this once in a while? It can't be a worse option than a 28 footer.
            The defender was sagging off daring him to hit a 30 footer. He was given that terrible shot not a drive.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              This is probably the most revealing & damning thing we learned from last night. These guys simply don't know a good shot from a bad shot. Even worse - they think Lou's actually making those shots. (he is, but at less than 30% success rate). It's almost delusional. That's 100% on the coaching staff.
              No coach or teammate is going to call him out in public after that.

Lou is a guy who never met a shot he didn't like. That's why the coach needs to rein him in. That hasn't happened in Toronto.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                The defender was sagging off daring him to hit a 30 footer. He was given that terrible shot not a drive.
                He's a creative offensive player and Reggie isn't known for being a defensive stopper. Lou deserves some blame. No way that is considered a good play or shot.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  No coach or teammate is going to call him out in public after that.

Lou is a guy who never met a shot he didn't like. That's why the coach needs to rein him in. That hasn't happened in Toronto.
                  But that's the point - there is no reason to call anybody out. It appears that they (Raps coaches and players) truly believe those are good shots.... "that they normally make". Casey says the same thing after games, again and again. And we see exactly the same shots, again and again. Even as play-calls coming after timeouts. And if the coaching staff thinks they are good shots, then they have no reason to rein in Lou. The real question is: what does MU think about all of this?

Comment

• Guys... I think my sig describes Casey more now than ever.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      But that's the point - there is no reason to call anybody out. It appears that they (Raps coaches and players) truly believe those are good shots.... "that they normally make". Casey says the same thing after games, again and again. And we see exactly the same shots, again and again. Even as play-calls coming after timeouts. And if the coaching staff thinks they are good shots, then they have no reason to rein in Lou. The real question is: what does MU think about all of this?
                      Yeah, it would be one thing if the coaches/players were saving face in their public statements, and making a concerted effort not to repeat the mistakes.

But like you said, we keep seeing the same terrible shots and play-calling, which only concludes that the team truly believes they're playing the right way.

Talk about living in a bubble....

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Guys... I think my sig describes Casey more now than ever.
                        Change a to an.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, it would be one thing if the coaches/players were saving face in their public statements, and making a concerted effort not to repeat the mistakes.

But like you said, we keep seeing the same terrible shots and play-calling, which only concludes that the team truly believes they're playing the right way.

Talk about living in a bubble....
                          A long time ago... the earth is flat

Present day... those are shots we usually make

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            I don't know how much worse things would be if you had Fields in the game playing a point guard role than leaving everything in GV's hands. At least with Fields you would have some D. Fields can pass, he is faster than GV and appears to have a higher BBall IQ.
                            I'm dead serious I'm 100% okay with Fields starting at PG until Lowry's back.

Fields-DD-Ross-AJ-JV

We're better defensively, fields isn't an idiot, and Gravy gets it that he's trash.

And I don't give 2 shits if he played well against chicago

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              I'm dead serious I'm 100% okay with Fields starting at PG until Lowry's back.

Fields-DD-Ross-AJ-JV

We're better defensively, fields isn't an idiot, and Gravy gets it that he's trash.

And I don't give 2 shits if he played well against chicago
                              Well, that's the thing, he didn't really play well against Chicago - he took the same terrible YOLO shots as usual, even more of them really, he was just hitting them. We were very lucky it was even as close as it was.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Well, that's the thing, he didn't really play well against Chicago - he took the same terrible YOLO shots as usual, even more of them really, he was just hitting them. We were very lucky it was even as close as it was.
                                Didn't get to watch the game as I have a midterm on Friday, just saw the boxscore.

Comment

Working...
                                X