Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACK11 wrote: View Post
    He's most likely gonna declare IMO

He's projected to go anywhere from 5-15. But I'm sure after the draft combine, he's gonna be at least a top 10 pick.
    He'd fit nice on team wingspan at SG with a 7'2" one.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      He's most likely gonna declare IMO

He's projected to go anywhere from 5-15. But I'm sure after the draft combine, he's gonna be at least a top 10 pick.
      So many things can change and there's always someone, or a few guys, who are slotted in the lottery all year only to fall. I'm not saying it will for Oubre, but you never know. They could find some random thing in a medical exam. He could stay out of combine activities to avoid falling, and ironically end up falling. Or participate and underwhelm, and end up falling. He could do interviews and make Michael Beasley look like a high character guy. Shit, I don't know.

*Oh, and yeah, sometimes there are guys who are surefire first round, even lottery, picks who for some reason hold off for a year.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Mar 23, 2015, 10:26 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        So many things can change and there's always someone, or a few guys, who are slotted in the lottery all year only to fall. I'm not saying it will for Oubre, but you never know. They could find some random thing in a medical exam. He could stay out of combine activities to avoid falling, and ironically end up falling. Or participate and underwhelm, and end up falling. He could do interviews and make Michael Beasley look like a high character guy. Shit, I don't know.
        Now you're just buzzkilling a dream.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          Now you're just buzzkilling a dream.
          My bad...

Comment

I believe a win clinches playoff spot.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I believe a win clinches playoff spot.
              I thought we had already clinched our division. lol
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                I thought we had already clinched our division. lol
                Wellllll

You know

Officially and all

Comment

I think we've had our division unofficially clinched since the first 2 weeks of the season.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Did anyone else see the obliteration of JV by bballbreakdown? They pulverized him basically called him a bust and said he isn't good enough doesn't fit on this team and MU shouldn't sign him at the end of his rookie contract.

They had some pretty damning stats to back it up too....

I still think it's a coach/system thing, but it wasn't pretty.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      Did anyone else see the obliteration of JV by bballbreakdown? They pulverized him basically called him a bust and said he isn't good enough doesn't fit on this team and MU shouldn't sign him at the end of his rookie contract.

travesty
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Good shit. He's not THE guy, so Masai better check pros and cons before giving him a big deal. Maybe it's coach, maybe it's something else, but I'm sure as hell Masai has an idea what to do next.

http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/03/23...d-the-raptors/

Comment

All these stats are so damn confusing man. How does he have the worst Net Rating on the team but have the most Win Shares? I'm with TRex on this one... fuck stats...

Comment

Meh. Reads like a piece written by a guy who's never seen him play. Lots of stats to back up his point, but nothing that most around here weren't already aware of.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Good shit. He's not THE guy, so Masai better check pros and cons before giving him a big deal. Maybe it's coach, maybe it's something else, but I'm sure as hell Masai has an idea what to do next.

Quote from the article (last paragraph):

Jonas will always be someone who may look like a projectable defensive-minded center that just isn’t very good on that end. Blocks can be very misleading, and Valanciunas is quite good at them. Indeed, his defense around the basket is effective. But his inability to force turnovers arguably hurts the Raptors far more than those blocks help. Compounding this is how Valanciunas’s limited (but efficient) offensive game simply may not be the best fit if the Raptors are committed to the ball-dominant DeRozan. With Masai Ujiri heading the front office, it would be a surprise to see Valanciunas offered a big extension.
                              I'm going to be a JV fanboy and ask this. Is it really necessary for someone at the center position to generate steals? The article seems to place more importance on his ability to force turnovers rather than his rim protection, which they admit to be solid. They also mention that the lineups which are best are those that have big men that can switch when necessary. This is understandable, but I wonder if this is an issue of the system's inability to utilize a traditional rim protector.

The last bolded part I highlighted raises more questions. It implies that the Raptors organization is committed to making DeRozan the guy. I really don't think that's ideal for the team. Despite his improvements, if the Raptors are looking to be title contenders they will need a better first option unless DeRozan somehow starts playing at an even higher level.
                              OG is our king

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

This is a good example of the eye test and it's importance. Lots of fun with numbers but not a lot of context of situation.

Also the money shot is Masai shouldn't give an extension? No poop. Nor should JV search for one with cap rising and Casey as coach.

I hope JV gets at least one year minus Casey.

There is no question JV doesn't fit the team and the team style of play doesn't fit JV....at all. However when you look at his individual stats, both simple and advanced, combined with the Raptors record over last 40 games, I don't think JV is the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X