Game #71: Toronto Raptors 104 - Detroit Pistons 108

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Lou should recognize, just like Casey should, that that ISO step back to the left fadeaway 3 isn't working. Every time Lou's is in a late clock situation and he does something other than that move its pretty successful. I'd honestly rather see a Demar long two than the Lou 3.

Trashquez point I agree with but that doesn't stop me from hating Trashquez for being a terrible player.
    The RealGM post game thread has a chart showing that Lou is (or was I guess) 9/55 on on those type of threes. Yikes.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      The RealGM post game thread has a chart showing that Lou is (or was I guess) 9/55 on on those type of threes. Yikes.
      And how many makes were in the first couple of months? He had at least 2 or 3, if not more....so his % has been getting worse and worse and we continue to run that play....ah well...

Comment

• Yeah, JV was totally the reason Drummond crushed on the boards. I mean, when JV was on the floor, we gave up 32% offensive rebounding! Of course, we also put up 32% offensive rebounding ourselves, so maybe that wasn't that catastrophic. Anyway, we were much better with him off the court - the Pistons only got 48% of the available offensive rebounds then. That's under half of their missed shots going straight back in their hands!
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I wasn't trying to even talk about DD. But just pointing out that we got killed because of shit perimeter play including horrible D (D was bad all around, once again).

Blaming JV, or saying Drummond dominated him, is about as sensible as blaming DeMar for KCP's night.
          DD was matched up with Tayshaun Prince most of the game. Who went 2-9 0-2 from three but your right perimeter D was bad all around but all the second chances didn't help.

Does anyone know who lead us in rebounding tonight?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

And how many makes were in the first couple of months? He had at least 2 or 3, if not more....so his % has been getting worse and worse and we continue to run that play....ah well...
            I think like 6 of them were in the first month.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              I know for a fact during that 24-7 stretch he had at least 5 of those 9.

Fuck Casey, we'd have better luck running a fields left handed 3

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Yeah, JV was totally the reason Drummond crushed on the boards. I mean, when JV was on the floor, we gave up 32% offensive rebounding! Of course, we also put up 32% offensive rebounding ourselves, so maybe that wasn't that catastrophic. Anyway, we were much better with him off the court - the Pistons only got 48% of the available offensive rebounds then. That's under half of their missed shots going straight back in their hands!
                Dan! You forgot the pink font!

Pink font!!!!
                OG is our king

Comment

Yeah, JV was totally the reason Drummond crushed on the boards. I mean, when JV was on the floor, we gave up 32% offensive rebounding! Of course, we also put up 32% offensive rebounding ourselves, so maybe that wasn't that catastrophic. Anyway, we were much better with him off the court - the Pistons only got 48% of the available offensive rebounds then. That's under half of their missed shots going straight back in their hands!
                  Lots of sarcasm, obviously JV helped to stop Drummond, but 32% is still terrible and JV also got killed in the sense of grabbing d-boards.

4 defensive rebounds in a game is garbage.

Comment

Lol in the coming games, I think "Loooooouuuuu" might eventually become "Booooooooo"
                    OG is our king

Comment

• What I'm saying is it's not JV's fault, but don't excuse him from the blame.

Comment

What I'm saying is it's not JV's fault, but don't excuse him from the blame.
                        Not entirely JV's fault****

Sorry can't modify on mobile

Comment

Lots of sarcasm, obviously JV helped to stop Drummond, but 32% is still terrible and JV also got killed in the sense of grabbing d-boards.

4 defensive rebounds in a game is garbage.
                          Absolute garbage. That's why Tyson Chandler has done it 7 times this year, DeMarcus Cousins twice, Drummond twice, Robin Lopez 13 times, Noah 5 times, Vucevic 5 times... That's just centres, not looking at PF's. And every single one of them averages more minutes than JV got tonight (with the exception of Lopez, who is close).

And 4 defensive rebounds in 29 minutes is poor. But that's 5 per 36, which would rank 180th in the league if he averaged that.

As a note, Chuck Hayes averages 4.5 defensive rebounds per 36. Robin Lopez averages less than that. Looking at PF's, Motiejunas averages 5, Brandon Bass, Boris Diaw, Taj Gibson, Brandan Wright, Josh McRoberts - all of them below 5 per 36, on average. So, no, it was not a game up to Jonas' particularly high usual standards, but it was not really terrible.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think like 6 of them were in the first month.
                            Sweet merciful crap...I thought maybe 3. Or 4. It could be 6? Fuck.

Comment

People really focusing on the wrong matchup...Drummond didn't singlehandedly dominate. He got OREBs and easy buckets because of guard penetration.

Jackson - 28 pts, 9 ast, 5 rebs with no turnovers, on 18 FGAs
                              KCP - 26 pts, 4 ast, 6 rebs with no turnovers, on 17 FGAs

That's 54 pts with 13 ast and no turnovers on 20-35 shooting (57%), including 7-12 from 3.

Did KCP dominate DeMar or was it just that our team D was so atrocious because it broke down every time at the point of attack?
                              DanH wrote: View Post
                              shhh don't you know every point scored and every offensive rebound by the Pistons was directly JV's fault.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Absolute garbage. That's why Tyson Chandler has done it 7 times this year, DeMarcus Cousins twice, Drummond twice, Robin Lopez 13 times, Noah 5 times, Vucevic 5 times... That's just centres, not looking at PF's. And every single one of them averages more minutes than JV got tonight (with the exception of Lopez, who is close).

And 4 defensive rebounds in 29 minutes is poor. But that's 5 per 36, which would rank 180th in the league if he averaged that.

As a note, Chuck Hayes averages 4.5 defensive rebounds per 36. Robin Lopez averages less than that. Looking at PF's, Motiejunas averages 5, Brandon Bass, Boris Diaw, Taj Gibson, Brandan Wright, Josh McRoberts - all of them below 5 per 36, on average. So, no, it was not a game up to Jonas' particularly high usual standards, but it was not really terrible.
                                Obviously meant garbage compared to what I expect of JV. When JV's rebounding at a rate that Hayes does, it's garbage in terms of JV's play.

Comment

Working...
                                X