What was your #CaseyBreakingPoint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I agree with your point on how flakey fans can be, but do you honestly think Masai will make decisions based on the casual fans' opinions? I certainly don't.
    Yes I certainly do. He's more concerned with Wiggans then he is with this roster.
    I fully believe the views of the holders of over priced season tickets dictate the direction of this franchise.
    Time will tell
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

The other thing to consider is that if MU lets Casey go, then he is the next guy on the hot seat. If the team doesn't perform it's his ass next. He's been pretty quiet with regards to moves since he first returned so I'm really looking foward to see what he has up his sleeve this summer.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        The other thing to consider is that if MU lets Casey go, then he is the next guy on the hot seat. If the team doesn't perform it's his ass next. He's been pretty quiet with regards to moves since he first returned so I'm really looking foward to see what he has up his sleeve this summer.
        This summer has "accelerated rebuild" written all over it. I don't expect any miracles in terms of roster upgrades.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          For me it was a slow burn. Defensive slippage after his second year (and then again in his 4th). "Hell or High Water". Inbound play from wrong side of the court. JV's usage. Chuckfest Supreme. After timeout plays. Lou's ISO's. JJ's minutes. Over usage of guys like Anderson and Salmons. No accountability to the "stars".

The burn became really hot when the Raptors started sucking. So can't really pick one specific event that did it for me.
          I reached the conclusion similar to you after watching the same thing over and over again. He just thinks if you keep doing the same thing over and over again it is going to work. He truly is stupid.

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
            Unfortunately folks, most average fans ( game to game fans as oppose to day to day fans) love this squad and also love the coaching staff.
            They just believe guys are not making shots. This is a fact. I've spoken to countless people and they all look puzzled when I say it's the coach..

This is the reason we WON'T see Casey fired this off season.
            Unless what I have been praying for comes true, which is a 0-4 playoff loss to the worst team.
            Only then, will ALL raptors season ticket holders revolt and Casey would be kicked out
            Thankfully our GM is smarter than casual fans. Or we live in hope.

My #CaseyBreakingPoint was on Tuesday, for sure. I mean, I wanted him gone before then, but Tuesday definitely sealed the deal. When even average basketball minds can see the sheer ineptitude in the end of game sequence, then you know the coach is an idiot.

Anyone listen to the ESPN NBA Lockdown podcast for yesterday? Jorge Sedano actually said Casey should be in the conversation for third best coach of the year, and laughed off Amin El Hassan's suggestion of Brad Stevens! Unbelievable. I guess ESPN and the general media don't understand how bad we've been and don't regularly watch the borderline unwatchable basketball we play on a weekly basis.

Comment

Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post
              Thankfully our GM is smarter than casual fans. Or we live in hope.

My #CaseyBreakingPoint was on Tuesday, for sure. I mean, I wanted him gone before then, but Tuesday definitely sealed the deal. When even average basketball minds can see the sheer ineptitude in the end of game sequence, then you know the coach is an idiot.

Anyone listen to the ESPN NBA Lockdown podcast for yesterday? Jorge Sedano actually said Casey should be in the conversation for third best coach of the year, and laughed off Amin El Hassan's suggestion of Brad Stevens! Unbelievable. I guess ESPN and the general media don't understand how bad we've been and don't regularly watch the borderline unwatchable basketball we play on a weekly basis.
              This is one of the reasons why I think that Casey lasts until next season, unless we go out in 5 games with a whimper in the playoffs. The casual fan and even experts who don't follow the Raps don't really care about the unsustainable style of play or the downward trend in overall success. They represent an overwhelming majority who are more than satisfied with this Raps team.

I could easily see a scenario is that MU has a chat with Casey in the off-season and convinces him to hire an assistant to change up the schemes and gives Casey a chance to fix the systems, while he revamps the roster. Then MU pulls the trigger when the team hits a rough patch early in the season. Maybe not the right move, but a politically savvy one for MU to appease the masses.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                This is one of the reasons why I think that Casey lasts until next season, unless we go out in 5 games with a whimper in the playoffs. The casual fan and even experts who don't follow the Raps don't really care about the unsustainable style of play or the downward trend in overall success. They represent an overwhelming majority who are more than satisfied with this Raps team.

I could easily see a scenario is that MU has a chat with Casey in the off-season and convinces him to hire an assistant to change up the schemes and gives Casey a chance to fix the systems, while he revamps the roster. Then MU pulls the trigger when the team hits a rough patch early in the season. Maybe not the right move, but a politically savvy one for MU to appease the masses.
                Hiring assistants is fine...but wont do it imo. One of DC's largest flaws is being quick on his feet on in-game/end-of-game decision making (the Detroit endofgame fiasco and Charlotte start of season game are glaring examples). No hc worth his salt or ego would allow assistants to inject themselves in such matters...nor even drawing up plays. Kidd did this start of his tenure in Brooklyn and then got rid of Frank....for obvious reasons...Frank assumed he was the defacto hc.

It is my opinion that DC freezes in tough situations nor has a good feel of game momentum changes. Assistants can only help so much during a game.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Hiring assistants is fine...but wont do it imo. One of DC's largest flaws is being quick on his feet on in-game/end-of-game decision making (the Detroit endofgame fiasco and Charlotte start of season game are glaring examples). No hc worth his salt or ego would allow assistants to inject themselves in such matters...nor even drawing up plays. Kidd did this start of his tenure in Brooklyn and then got rid of Frank....for obvious reasons...Frank assumed he was the defacto hc.

It is my opinion that DC freezes in tough situations nor has a good feel of game momentum changes. Assistants can only help so much during a game.
                  Totally agree.

Comment

Yes I certainly do. He's more concerned with Wiggans then he is with this roster.
                    I fully believe the views of the holders of over priced season tickets dictate the direction of this franchise.
                    Time will tell
                    But being obsessed with Wiggins isn't because of the fans. Wiggins represents an opportunity to take this franchise to the upper echelon of the league. A place where it's never been. Wiggins just happens to be what the fans want too.

If the fans desperately wanted us to chase Stauskas, would Masai even consider it if it doesn't make sense for the franchise? I highly doubt it.

Masai isn't doing what's best for fans' perception. He's doing what's best to improve Wins and Losses.

Comment

i didn't want him re-signed...

as to when it actually happened i have no idea. just get his ass gone. i actually found myself thinking yesterday it'd be good if we had a swift exit in the playoffs so we could get rid of him faster. so sad.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        But being obsessed with Wiggins isn't because of the fans. Wiggins represents an opportunity to take this franchise to the upper echelon of the league. A place where it's never been. Wiggins just happens to be what the fans want too.

If the fans desperately wanted us to chase Stauskas, would Masai even consider it if it doesn't make sense for the franchise? I highly doubt it.

Masai isn't doing what's best for fans' perception. He's doing what's best to improve Wins and Losses.
                        Wiggins does make sense if we say that no top tier player would ever come here. Wiggins being from toronto probably is our best chance.

But since this is the best raptor team of all time, record wise. Casey will stay due to the outlash from season ticket holders if he is fired. Even though us extreme fans see what is REALLY going on.

Gotta keep them happy.
                        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Wiggins does make sense if we say that no top tier player would ever come here. Wiggins being from toronto probably is our best chance.

But since this is the best raptor team of all time, record wise. Casey will stay due to the outlash from season ticket holders if he is fired. Even though us extreme fans see what is REALLY going on.

Gotta keep them happy.
                          Just my gut feeling, but I'd put the odds of Casey getting axed this summer at 75%. These last 3 months have been very telling of his (lack of) abilities as a coach.

I'd honestly be surprised if we go into training camp with Casey still here.

Comment

This.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Unfortunately folks, most average fans ( game to game fans as oppose to day to day fans) love this squad and also love the coaching staff.
                              They just believe guys are not making shots. This is a fact. I've spoken to countless people and they all look puzzled when I say it's the coach..

This is the reason we WON'T see Casey fired this off season.
                              Unless what I have been praying for comes true, which is a 0-4 playoff loss to the worst team.
                              Only then, will ALL raptors season ticket holders revolt and Casey would be kicked out
                              You cant call yourself a raptors fan if you actually WANT a 0-4 playoff loss. Your just hooping for failure. And you only show up doing hard times to complain. wtf. Id rather a strong playoff run that goes to AT least the second round.

But I too, a Casey apologist all season have turned on that pos. It came when he subbed vasquez back in the game and vasquez immediatly fouled jackson for no godamn reason. Then the non timeout...

Cant wait for him to be fired in the offseason smh
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                                You cant call yourself a raptors fan if you actually WANT a 0-4 playoff loss. Your just hooping for failure. wtf. Id rather a strong playoff run that goes to AT least the second round.

But I too, a Casey apologist all season have turned on that pos. It came when he subbed vasquez back in the game and vasquez immediatly fouled jackson for no godamn reason. Then the non timeout...

Cant wait for him to be fired in the offseason smh
                                He's subbed Vasquez in for defensive purposes lmao
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X