No announcement yet.

What was your #CaseyBreakingPoint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first minute John Salmons played in the playoffs last year. I'd been begging for Fields to play over Salmons for two months, during the course of which Salmons went from terrible to worst-of-all-time territory.

Throw in having zero plan to stop Joe Johnson, and that series did it for me.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

EASY ONE FOR ME.
      -----------------------
      Remember the game where Ajinca look like the 2nd coming of Tim Duncan.
      On the game winning possession. DC decided to put GV on Tyreke Evans (one of the best drivers in the game). Of course he scored and we lost. BUT....BUT...That was NOT the boiling point.
      --
      Post game, DC discussed the play and admitted that in that he met with his assistants and talked about PUTTING JJ on Tyreke....and decided that was NOT the best option. INstead he opted to put in the raps slowest defender on Reke because apparently GV was having a good game DEFENSIVELY.

I AM NOT SH!TT!NG YOU !! I JUST LOST IT...

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        The first minute John Salmons played in the playoffs last year. I'd been begging for Fields to play over Salmons for two months, during the course of which Salmons went from terrible to worst-of-all-time territory.

Throw in having zero plan to stop Joe Johnson, and that series did it for me.
        People seem to forget that WE WERE THE 3RD SEED, NOT THE NETS. We had better players, better record, better defense and better offense. We were clearly the better team, WE LOST and we celebrated LIKE A BUNCH OF LOSERS instead of being PISSED.

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post
          People seem to forget that WE WERE THE 3RD SEED, NOT THE NETS. We had better players, better record, better defense and better offense. We were clearly the better team, WE LOST and we celebrated LIKE A BUNCH OF LOSERS instead of being PISSED.
          I think people gave credit that we were a young team. Was that the wrong decision? Looking back, it might've been.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post
            I don't believe raps were better team.

Nets slow to start with a rookie, never coached before Kidd.

Very experienced roster.

One of best records since Holidays while raps limped in to playoffs with ad having disappeared.

Comment

I had many throughout last year .. they mostly related to lack of offense / screwing up key inbounds plays, in addition to pulling JV and TR when they were playing well and never giving them a chance down the stretch. However, if I had to single out one game this year it was an early pistons game where JV was something like 13 for 14 and he got benched / largely ignored throughout the 4th Q. That just tells me terrible coaching. He should a) have the player in and b) tear a strip of anyone who doesnt get him the ball when hes dominating like that. But, VETS WIN GAMES!!

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                I will reserve my judgement on Casey after the season is over. I don't want to overreact. Not my thing.

I say this though, this board would be hilarious if Masai keeps him. Which is very possible specially if they win a playoff round which again is very possible. I like our chances vs the Bucks/Wizards.
                #FalseSenseOfSecurity

Comment

I finally got on the #FireCasey bandwagon around the all-star break.

It turned to hatred after last night.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Fully joined #FireCasey yesterday.

It got to the point where my dad (not basketball smarts inclined, example- he saw tayshaun Prince and said "oh wow they got Prince he could've been an allstar") could tell Casey was an idiot.

Pops called subbing vasquez in being dumb, taking ross and JV out as being dumb, lou shot being dumb and straight up recognized Casey was a terrible coach. That's bad.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      Fully joined #FireCasey yesterday.

It got to the point where my dad (not basketball smarts inclined, example- he saw tayshaun Prince and said "oh wow they got Prince he could've been an allstar") could tell Casey was an idiot.

Pops called subbing vasquez in being dumb, taking ross and JV out as being dumb, lou shot being dumb and straight up recognized Casey was a terrible coach. That's bad.
                      I call that the Leo Rautins Failure Metric. If Leo is making his overly simplistic, obvious beyond words declarations about your play and how to fix your problems, and he's RIGHT - there is something very wrong.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

My first suspicions: Jose Calderon got injured and Bayless came into the starting lineup and played like an all-star PG for a month. Jose came back from injury (too soon I think too), and Bayless barely got time off the bench after that as the backup.

Second: Then it happened to Jose over Lowry

Third: Then Bargnani over Ed Davis

When I wanted him gone: The moment Ujiri signed. I knew we needed an actual culture change, of which hasn't actually changed due to the coaching issues summarized above.

Comment

I call that the Leo Rautins Failure Metric. If Leo is making his overly simplistic, obvious beyond words declarations about your play and how to fix your problems, and he's RIGHT - there is something very wrong.
                          So you're telling me Leo would be a better coach than Casey at this point? FML.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Completely agree.

Comment

Unfortunately folks, most average fans ( game to game fans as oppose to day to day fans) love this squad and also love the coaching staff.
                              They just believe guys are not making shots. This is a fact. I've spoken to countless people and they all look puzzled when I say it's the coach..

This is the reason we WON'T see Casey fired this off season.
                              Unless what I have been praying for comes true, which is a 0-4 playoff loss to the worst team.
                              Only then, will ALL raptors season ticket holders revolt and Casey would be kicked out
                              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                                Unfortunately folks, most average fans ( game to game fans as oppose to day to day fans) love this squad and also love the coaching staff.
                                They just believe guys are not making shots. This is a fact. I've spoken to countless people and they all look puzzled when I say it's the coach..

This is the reason we WON'T see Casey fired this off season.
                                Unless what I have been praying for comes true, which is a 0-4 playoff loss to the worst team.
                                Only then, will ALL raptors season ticket holders revolt and Casey would be kicked out
                                I agree with your point on how flakey fans can be, but do you honestly think Masai will make decisions based on the casual fans' opinions? I certainly don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X