BEST 3 and D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    And if green goes elsewhere i dont think it would be toronoto. Think he has expressed interest in detroit, cause he has ties there
    toronto's close to Detroit and from what i've learned is nothing talks like money
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      toronto's close to Detroit and from what i've learned is nothing talks like money
      Money is always the deciding factor for young guys like Green, as it should be.

Comment

Rather overpay Middleton then Green. Green is going to look for more money and might not be as effective if he doesn't have Klay and Barnes to switch off on defense. He also isn't a scorer in an offense that isn't the GSW

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Rather overpay Middleton then Green. Green is going to look for more money and might not be as effective if he doesn't have Klay and Barnes to switch off on defense. He also isn't a scorer in an offense that isn't the GSW
          Yea I like Middleton more as well. If we could get anyone of these guys I would be very pleased
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Obviously these signings would be predicated on removing Casey and installing a coach who would encourage some semblance of ball movement.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

His biggest weaknesses are 3 and D.
              lol my bad, only watched his draft express video on youtube. I dunno much about him other than that

Comment

jonnywalker wrote: View Post
                lol my bad, only watched his draft express video on youtube. I dunno much about him other than that
                You mentioned daniels, anyone know what he is doing right now? I saw that they got knocked out of the playoffs at the beginning of march so his season is over. I assume that he is just working out on his own right now, but does anyone know anything specific? Even about his season as a whole? I hear it was pretty inconsistant overall

Comment

Not hearing Tobias Harris' name here much anymore. What's the feeling on him in a Raptors uni?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Not hearing Tobias Harris' name here much anymore. What's the feeling on him in a Raptors uni?
                    He's better at the 4 and is a Melo type ball stopper.

Comment

Didn't realize we were specifically talking about SF/SG, but I guess Tobias isn't mobile enough to really guard perimeter players.

Comment

I never understood the need to pigeon hole ourselves into a "3 and D" player. Why not go after a SF who has a decent well-rounded game? Someone who can put the ball on the floor when needed, make the right pass, defend adequately, as well shoot respectably from outside? I realize it's easier said than done, but still.

It's like saying we need a passing PG. Or a shot blocking centre. How about we just find good all-around players for as many positions as possible?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I never understood the need to pigeon hole ourselves into a "3 and D" player. Why not go after a SF who has a decent well-rounded game? Someone who can put the ball on the floor when needed, make the right pass, defend adequately, as well shoot respectably from outside? I realize it's easier said than done, but still.

It's like saying we need a passing PG. Or a shot blocking centre. How about we just find good all-around players for as many positions as possible?
                          tldr; Let's get some more talent round these parts, forget about specific roles.

I would agree with you though, I think there are some who are thinking we may be a piece or two away from contention, but I think the reality is we have some more building to do and aren't at the point where we can get picky on talent.

Having said that, there are quite a few names in this thread I would be ecstatic to even take a shot at, much less obtain.

Comment

How about AI? He's getting up there in age and is owed 23 mill over the next 2 years, but he's still an effective 3 & D and than some kind of player. Only real negative is his FT shooting. Wondering if GS would be willing to move him as they are pretty stacked at the 2-4 spots.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                              How about AI? He's getting up there in age and is owed 23 mill over the next 2 years, but he's still an effective 3 & D and than some kind of player. Only real negative is his FT shooting. Wondering if GS would be willing to move him as they are pretty stacked at the 2-4 spots.
                              He's also not actually much of a 3pt shooter. So I don't know that he fits the bill. Career 33%. He can hit the 3 but it's not his strength. He's a slasher who can pass.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

I think "3 & D" is just another way of saying "role player", but identifying that you want your role player to be able to shoot from the perimeter as well as defend well. As in those two abilities is what teams most look for in a role player.

Comment

Working...
                                X