Building Blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    3rd option needs to shoot threes though as a guard since they will be receiving the ball on kick outs and will be required to hit the open (probably long ranged) shot.

He's game is that of a 1st option, but he isn't talented to be a first option. He is actually quite similar to Evan Turner in some aspects, and see how his career has changed after Philly...
    At least turner passes the damn ball
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Fair fair. Mostly I'm confused about the "lots of shooters and great/quick ball movement" but having DD as a top 3 option. I want to hear from those people how exactly that is going to work.
      To be fair, it's probably less absurd than casting JV in the Duncan role of a Spurs style offence.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
        To be fair, it's probably less absurd than casting JV in the Duncan role of a Spurs style offence.
        Of course that is absurd. That is the stupidest thing I think I have read here - and I alone write a lot of stupid. JV compared to a HoF, one of the greatest ever. Yes, very absurd.

Now wanting DeRozan to play with in the flow of the team, be selective in his Attempts to create, to find the open man when the defense collapses, and to be willing to take the hockey assist? That is not absurd. That is just good team oriented basketball.

Comment

Actually Duncan's role on offense is quite a bit different now compared to a decade ago. JV could potentially have a similar role if they operated him out of the high post more and initiated their offense through him as he comes up the floor as a trailer (since his is a bit slow).

They can also use him on the low block like Duncan in his early days...

Duncan is a great player on both sides of the floor. But he was never a super efficient player. JV has the upper hand on him in that category (which is good since he isn't as good defensively)

Comment

Building Blocks

I just noticed this thread.....

I must say I'm shocked that seemingly intelligent basketball viewers actually think Ross deserves to be a part of the core, let alone be here longer than DD....

Anyhow....I'll give it a go.

Core:
            DD
            JV

Transition:
            Lowry
            JJ
            P Patterson
            Bruno
            Bebe
            Lou
            Ross
            Amir

Transition is depending on salary/term/style of play etc.

I can see anyone in the transition list traded/walk and not be on this team next year.

Unless we get a REALLY good offer, DD and JV will be the core of this team.... Like it or not. 😉

Edit:

IMO Bruno and Bebe have shown nothing to warrant being any part of the core. Hopefully I see enough next year to adjust my list...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by special1; Wed Apr 1, 2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
              I just noticed this thread.....

I must say I'm shocked that seemingly intelligent basketball viewers actually think Ross deserves to be a part of the core, let alone be here longer than DD....

Anyhow....I'll give it a go.

Core:
              DD
              JV

Transition:
              Lowry
              JJ
              P Patterson
              Bruno
              Bebe
              Lou
              Ross
              Amir

Transition is depending on salary/term/style of play etc.

I can see anyone in the transition list traded/walk and not be on this team next year.

Unless we get a REALLY good offer, DD and JV will be the core of this team.... Like it or not. ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I'm not.

Agreed with your list expect i'd put Patterson as part of the core.

NOPE

Bruno
              Ross
              GV
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                I'm not.

Agreed with your list expect i'd put Patterson as part of the core.

NOPE

Bruno
                Ross
                GV
                The idea that you can know if Bruno is part of a core or not yet is insane.

Comment

No it's not. All you need to do is watch him play. The guy has ZERO game. Fundamentals is very poor. Watching him is like watching a kid play basketball for the first time. I can find better prospects in the parks of NY or LA than Bruno.

I hope he proves me wrong but i don't think he will.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

No it's not. All you need to do is watch him play. The guy has ZERO game. Fundamentals is very poor. Watching him is like watching a kid play basketball for the first time. I can find better prospects in the parks of NY or LA than Bruno.

He can shoot. His jump shot is really smooth with a super high release. Also, we've seen him hit that shot off a little step back and out of a crowd over multiple defenders.

Also, he can change shots at the rim.

Other than that, I think you're right. Bruno developing a floor game seems unlikely. I think he'll either bulk up and play the 4, or I don't think he'll make it.

Comment

Actually Duncan's role on offense is quite a bit different now compared to a decade ago. JV could potentially have a similar role if they operated him out of the high post more and initiated their offense through him as he comes up the floor as a trailer (since his is a bit slow).

They can also use him on the low block like Duncan in his early days...

Duncan is a great player on both sides of the floor. But he was never a super efficient player. JV has the upper hand on him in that category (which is good since he isn't as good defensively)
                      Duncan was never a super efficient player? I think the forums have officially jumped the shark. You need to realize there's more to "efficiency" than just a true shooting percentage.

And no, JV can not command a role where he's constantly flashing, catching, making reads and distributing the ball to cutters and on kick outs… at least not yet. He's one of the least prolific passers in all of basketball and is still prone to turnovers anytime he has to put the ball on the ground.
                      Last edited by Fully; Wed Apr 1, 2015, 06:59 AM.

Comment

...He's one of the least prolific passers in all of basketball and is still prone to turnovers anytime he has to put the ball on the ground.
                        We might have seen him start to turn that around this past month.

Comment

You've seen him in 19 minutes this season at age 19 (I am skeptical of what summer league/preseason can/have really told us) who was picked as one of the rawest players in the draft.

The whole point of his selection was based on his potential (length and shooting) and he's flashed it sometimes and sometimes not.

I think its almost impossible to even to remotely evaluate him until he gets serious floor time or if he still isn't playing in the 2016-2107 season

The idea that Bebe is a transition player while Bruno has no chance when Bebe also hasn't played for the Raptors, who at times are desperate for a backup C ,and is 23 and has far more experience.

I'm not saying Bruno is going to be an all star or even a regular part of a future rotation, i'm just saying its way too early to evaluate him given what he was drafted as and how little he's played.

Comment

Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                            I think its almost impossible to even to remotely evaluate him until he gets serious floor time or if he still isn't playing in the 2016-2107 season

Giannis Antetokounmpo : Dec6 1994
                            Bruno: Sept 21 1995

Age difference: 10 month ...

Now tell me why do I hate to wait till 2016-2017 to assess his talents and not next year ??

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post

Now tell me why do I hate to wait till 2016-2017 to assess his talents and not next year ??
                              Why is Giannis considered a fair comparison? Because they both have long arms?

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post

You don't have to wait to do anything. You are free to make premature judgments based on inane comparisons without reference to, or understanding of, context or circumstances all you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X