lowry and derozan = 2nd best backcourt in the nba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Watch it. Quoting The Big Lebowski will make us best friends.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      Watch it. Quoting The Big Lebowski will make us best friends.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

You'd think, based off the vitriol around here, that we had the 2nd worst backcourt in the league.
        Can we stop with comments like this? Both from yourself and the guys who liked that comment?

I'm sick of any discussion about team building, DD's next contract, and his strengths and weaknesses as a core player being reduced to "yer all haterzzzzzz!!!" type BS. I know some of you guys who think DD is a core piece who should be here long-term would tag McHappy as one of the biggest anti-DeMar guys here. Please identify for me the "vitriol" being spewed by the anti-DeMar (so to speak) camp - here's what McHappy just wrote in the Everything DD thread:

"DeRozan has shown ability to make good decisions, be selective in shot attempts, and rebound. I can't place that inconsistency fully on Casey but I do recognize casey's contributions to his awful play.

Like most, I'm interested in what he would do under a different coach offensively. I think we all know his defensive capabilities by now.

Unfortunately, and this is just my opinion, I don't think the risks of him becoming a different player under a new coach, walking for nothing as an UFA, or commanding a $20m+ salary on his next contract are worth keeping him assuming he returns solid value in a trade on draft night or this summer.

If he doesn't return good value in a trade, which is possible, then the Raptors are better off keeping him and letting the chips fall where they may next summer. I'd rather see him walk for nothing than get tied up in an awful contract.

Again....That is just my opinion."

SMH
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I am a big fan of what DD and Lowry has achieved this year but I don't consider them the 2nd best back court in NBA ... I think they are top 7.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            Can we stop with comments like this? Both from yourself and the guys who liked that comment?

I'm sick of any discussion about team building, DD's next contract, and his strengths and weaknesses as a core player being reduced to "yer all haterzzzzzz!!!" type BS. I know some of you guys who think DD is a core piece who should be here long-term would tag McHappy as one of the biggest anti-DeMar guys here. Please identify for me the "vitriol" being spewed by the anti-DeMar (so to speak) camp - here's what McHappy just wrote in the Everything DD thread:

"DeRozan has shown ability to make good decisions, be selective in shot attempts, and rebound. I can't place that inconsistency fully on Casey but I do recognize casey's contributions to his awful play.

Like most, I'm interested in what he would do under a different coach offensively. I think we all know his defensive capabilities by now.

Unfortunately, and this is just my opinion, I don't think the risks of him becoming a different player under a new coach, walking for nothing as an UFA, or commanding a $20m+ salary on his next contract are worth keeping him assuming he returns solid value in a trade on draft night or this summer.

If he doesn't return good value in a trade, which is possible, then the Raptors are better off keeping him and letting the chips fall where they may next summer. I'd rather see him walk for nothing than get tied up in an awful contract.

Again....That is just my opinion."

SMH
            Comments like what? You mean Jokes? Lol Man oh man.

SMH indeed.

Comment

SMH indeed.
              I really don't like SMH. I had to look it up the other day (old man alert). Why can't we just stick with face palm? Works so much better for memes.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                I really don't like SMH. I had to look it up the other day (old man alert). Why can't we just stick with face palm? Works so much better for memes.
                I think that just popped my "SMH" cherry. I think I even used it in proper context.

Comment

SMH indeed.
                  That is pitiful moderating.

Way to stay impartial and separate your opinions.

Comment

SMH indeed.
                    I thought we agreed on the pink font!

My bad if it was a joke.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I think that just popped my "SMH" cherry. I think I even used it in proper context.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        That is pitiful moderating.

Way to stay impartial and separate your opinions.
                        How is that pitiful moderating mcHAPPY?

He asked to stop with comments that as a mod I didn't see the need to be stopped. Thanks for your opinion though.
                        Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 1, 2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I thought we agreed on the pink font!
                          Fuck pint font.

Comment

How is that pitiful moderating mcHAPPY?

He asked to stop with comments that as a mod I didn't see the need to be stopped. Thanks for your opinion though.
                            Will I be able to reply without this being deleted?

Umm, SR asked for a reasonable request: stop referring to anyone who shares a different opinion as a hater or some other label while also making exaggerated claims that do not reflect the opinion of those who are critical of his game. He then posted a post of mine which I think was highly rationale and lacked any sort or hate, contempt or vitriol. You in particular as a moderator should be held to a higher standard....but that is just my opinion.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Will I be able to reply without this being deleted?

Umm, SR asked for a reasonable request: stop referring to anyone who shares a different opinion as a hater or some other label while also making exaggerated claims that do not reflect the opinion of those who are critical of his game. He then posted a post of mine which I think was highly rationale and lacked any sort or hate, contempt or vitriol. You in particular as a moderator should be held to a higher standard....but that is just my opinion.
                              Sure, if you act like an adult and stop with the name calling - If not, I can delete again.

I have always been the #1 proponent of doing away with the "Hater" & "Dick Rider" tags, and I honestly can't say I remember ever using either, so not sure why you would bring that up...

As for my post, if you actually thought I seriously thought people would rate us the 2nd worst back court, then I don't know what to say. If you also can't see the overwhelming criticism and negativity that I was referring to around here, which clearly outweighs the support aimed at our back court, then again, I'm not sure what to say.
                              Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 1, 2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

As for my post, if you actually thought I seriously thought people would rate us the 2nd worst back court, then I don't know what to say. If you also can't see the overwhelming criticism and negativity that I was referring to around here, which clearly outweighs the support aimed at our back court, then again, I'm not sure what to say.
                                When you see the extreme, hyperbolic reactions that any posts that are even remotely negative (or even neutral with suggestions for future improvement) about DeRozan have been met with lately (go read the 'discussion' underway in the "Everything DeRozan" thread involving McRealistic right now), maybe you'd have a better appreciation for why a joking swipe like yours wasn't well received - the veiled implication that anybody not 100% supporting DeRozan is unable to intelligently evaluate/analyze/discuss basketball players.

The worst part is that most of the negativity around DeRozan lately has been limited to contract uncertainty, DC's negative impact and improving consistency (to more regularly play as well as he's been playing lately). "haters" are getting attacked without even being negative! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X