Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Couple of Things

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wait wait wait....you guys are talking about TYSON Chandler? He plays for the bobcats...

In the proposed trade between TO, Philly and New York, the Chandler in question is WILSON Chandler.

I think some lines got crossed somewhere.

I have nothing against either Chandler's regardless, though in my quest to find the right Center for the Raps, i would hope Tyson Chandler be the baseline of our aspirations, rather than someone of his calibre representing the peak of who we are searching for.

What are people's thoughts on the quality of imposing defensive centers in the draft in terms of how they might fit with a team that has Derozan, Weems and Johnson (Randolph?) as its core?

Post Thanks / Like

And Bargnani as our starting PF.

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This team would be better with a Bogut at the center and Bosh at the 4, rather than a Bargnani at the 4, but the only way they are going to improve sooner rather than later is a sign & trade with Bosh and hope they can throw in Turk or Calderon.

Houston would be the best bet as they have New York's 2011 & 2012 first-round pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    wait wait wait....you guys are talking about TYSON Chandler? He plays for the bobcats...
    ...Alright, well I don't think comparing Wilson Chandler to Greg Oden is a fair comparison either...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Anyone else slightly disturbed with Turkoglu's 19 rebounds? I watched most of the game (sometimes i just had to look away)...he played with fire, effort. He grabbed 19 boards...where the hell has this been all year? Obviously i'm not saying he should be rebounding like that, what i'm saying is he starts playing basketball like he cares 80 games into an 82 game season! Buddy, seriously, where was that before? It only highlights, to me, the problems with this season. That being said, if he plays like that next year, if we keep him and rebuild with a young core, he may enjoy his captainship and play like the team-star he wants to be.

Secondly, Bosh leaves, we desperately need a defensive, rebounding center so Bargs can move to the 4. Any team with him as the 5 is going nowhere. Question: how do we get one and who would it be? Any chance we can trade for a higher pick?
    you know i was listening to the morning jones which is a radio show on hardcore sports radio incase you haven't heard of it and bomani said and this was a couple months ago.

he said " If i'm the raptors i do whatever i can to get that no.1 overall pick, draft john wall and do it the right way this time".

i have to say i totally agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you were to compare them, say, on their relative ability to help their team win a championship...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea Bargnani needs to be moved....to another team, not to the 4. Seriously why is everyone so high on this guy? He has no heart, no competitiveness, no qualms on blowing defensive assignments, no acountability. All he has is a jumpshot that sometimes goes in, and his height that he rarely uses.

Why not just deal Bargs for some defense and convince Bosh to stay. Or deal both of them (if Bosh leaves). Andrea as a 4 will STILL be the same dude who gets the same rebounds as guards and on occasion play one on one D. On occasion.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    you know i was listening to the morning jones which is a radio show on hardcore sports radio incase you haven't heard of it and bomani said and this was a couple months ago.

he said " If i'm the raptors i do whatever i can to get that no.1 overall pick, draft john wall and do it the right way this time".

i have to say i totally agree.
    what did he mean "do it the right way this time"?

does he mean... bargnani wasn't a good pick in 2006 draft?

Post Thanks / Like

Who realistically will take Bargnani and his contract at this point with an upcoming draft stacked with power forwards? Who would we get in return? For the same reason it's unlikely Turk will be anywhere else but TO, Bargs will be here next year.

I'm not saying all this in the hope that it comes to pass, but simply under the working assumption that Bosh may leave, and, given what our roster would look like with him gone, how best do we retool with what we are likely to have.

If you want to grab Wall in the draft, what lottery team is likely to want Bosh over Wall enough to give us their pick if they win the lottery? This would have to be a team that Bosh would want to play for as well...can't see any of the bottom feeders - with the exception of Golden State under the scenario someone else mentioned before - being a likely candidate.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

To get Wall you would have to offer Derozan, Weems, Bargs and two unprotected first round picks and even then I'm not sure if the other team does it.

Convince Bosh to stay? What in the last 2 months has Bosh done to indicate anything other than a complete desire to flee this franchise at the first opportunity. This team is trapped in a death spiral and the supposed leader of this franchise has abandoned them to wolves.

I'd be less shocked if the raps won a game in the play offs than if Bosh resigned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information