Couple of Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Things

Anyone else slightly disturbed with Turkoglu's 19 rebounds? I watched most of the game (sometimes i just had to look away)...he played with fire, effort. He grabbed 19 boards...where the hell has this been all year? Obviously i'm not saying he should be rebounding like that, what i'm saying is he starts playing basketball like he cares 80 games into an 82 game season! Buddy, seriously, where was that before? It only highlights, to me, the problems with this season. That being said, if he plays like that next year, if we keep him and rebuild with a young core, he may enjoy his captainship and play like the team-star he wants to be.

Secondly, Bosh leaves, we desperately need a defensive, rebounding center so Bargs can move to the 4. Any team with him as the 5 is going nowhere. Question: how do we get one and who would it be? Any chance we can trade for a higher pick?

This game and this season is on Jay Triano.

Get a clue, this team has been shit all season. It's like the Homers just realized.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
      Anyone else slightly disturbed with Turkoglu's 19 rebounds? I watched most of the game (sometimes i just had to look away)...he played with fire, effort. He grabbed 19 boards...where the hell has this been all year? Obviously i'm not saying he should be rebounding like that, what i'm saying is he starts playing basketball like he cares 80 games into an 82 game season! Buddy, seriously, where was that before? It only highlights, to me, the problems with this season. That being said, if he plays like that next year, if we keep him and rebuild with a young core, he may enjoy his captainship and play like the team-star he wants to be.

Secondly, Bosh leaves, we desperately need a defensive, rebounding center so Bargs can move to the 4. Any team with him as the 5 is going nowhere. Question: how do we get one and who would it be? Any chance we can trade for a higher pick?
      S&T Bosh+Banks = Yao (back-up), Battie and Jordan Hill
      Sign Carlos Boozer as a center!

Lineup:
      PG: Calderon / Jack (They both "decent" pgs ... if we lose anyone we will be lacking pg depth like last year...don't say Banks can handle it )
      SG: Battie / DeMar / Weems (wicked defense of Battie)
      SF: Turk / Weems / DeMar (two young SG/SF)
      PF: Bargnani / Carlos Boozer / Amir (STACKED in PF and C) / Jordan Hill
      C: Boozer / Yao (injury prone and getting older...why not be a backup?) / Joey Dorsey

Make it Done!!!

Comment

Woohoo! Trade scenarios! I love this!

No can do. We cant get both Yao and Boozer. Unless MLSE wont mind the luxury tax, but even if, Yao is too injury prone and boozer will never ever go north of the border. and boozer is not a defensive presence either. Id want a haywood type player. no need to score, just rebound and block. dalembert would be wicked if we can sway him with "this is a canadian team" pitch.

s&t bosh for sure, but with who, dont know yet
        trade jose while he still has value
        trade evans
        re-sign weems and amir to reasonable contracts

Comment

hey is an offtopic question: who would be close to Chris Bosh potential and skillset?
          Anthony Randolph or Jordan Hill?

Comment

Randolph probably, he's defiantly a finesse player while Hill seems more intent on banging. I'm a pretty big Randolph homer though, he's one off season of bulking up away from dominating this league.

Yao would be interesting. I think he's expiring after next year, so it would be a low risk/high reward.

We could probably Dalembert for Jose or Turk, his contract is god awful and he's terribly inconsistent. The unintentional comedy of having Leo try and praise Dalembert would worth it alone.

Comment

but Dalembert is declining .... not age wise...but skill set is uhhh... not improving whatsoever

Comment

Warriors have a high draft pick. Could be high enough to maybe draft Cousins. Hi enough to draft any of the other C's regardless. Would Golden State trade their pick for Bosh? The Warriors with Bosh would be an unstoppable offensive juggernaut:

Curry
                Ellis
                Magette
                Bosh
                Biedrins

Their starters alone net you an average of 90+.

Of course some salaries would have to come back our way...ronnie turiaf, randolph, 1st rounder...somone else? don't know about this, but the ability to get a young center to pair with derozan, weems, johnson/randolph and bargnani is enticing.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                  Warriors have a high draft pick. Could be high enough to maybe draft Cousins. Hi enough to draft any of the other C's regardless. Would Golden State trade their pick for Bosh? The Warriors with Bosh would be an unstoppable offensive juggernaut:

Curry
                  Ellis
                  Magette
                  Bosh
                  Biedrins

Their starters alone net you an average of 90+.

Of course some salaries would have to come back our way...ronnie turiaf, randolph, 1st rounder...somone else? don't know about this, but the ability to get a young center to pair with derozan, weems, johnson/randolph and bargnani is enticing.
                  Lineup:
                  C: Bargnani = Dirk-like
                  PF: Randolph = Bosh-like
                  SG: DeRozen = Vince-like
                  SF: Weems = Granger-like (which we should of pick in the first place...lol :P)
                  PG: Calderon (Stockton-like??.... don't kill me for saying that )

with this line up.... we still don't play defense as a team.

Comment

You need to move Bargs to the 4. get a real center at the 5. Bargs cannot be the man in the post.

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
                      Lineup:
                      C: Bargnani = Dirk-like
                      PF: Randolph = Bosh-like
                      SG: DeRozen = Vince-like
                      SF: Weems = Granger-like (which we should of pick in the first place...lol :P)
                      PG: Calderon (Stockton-like??.... don't kill me for saying that )

with this line up.... we still don't play defense as a team.
                      Do you consider a Toyota FJ Cruiser being Cadillac Escalade-like? What about a Mazda Miata being Porshe-like?

Comment

Triano went with the smaller lineup a lot which meant Turk played the 4 and at 6'10" he can be a decent rebounder. Once he's closer to the rim, his lack of quickness on the wing doesn't come into play and he's a better defender.

Comment

ny-toronto-phila

bosh to ny
                          harrington, house to phila
                          dalembert, chandler, young to toronto

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Do you consider a Toyota FJ Cruiser being Cadillac Escalade-like? What about a Mazda Miata being Porshe-like?
                            Don't make fun of Toyota FJ Cruiser!!!!! ....lol

As for Turk = getting rebound without Bargnani not helping or getting 3-5 = he will be tried = gradual decrease in pt and assist in every qt.

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
                              Don't make fun of Toyota FJ Cruiser!!!!! ....lol
                              Hey, I'm a Toyota guy. I can talk. I own an '09 Tacoma...

Comment

Working...
                              X