• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I would take Stephenson and Charlotte's 1st for DD

Or David West and Indiana's 1st

Or Jrue Holiday
    Stephen and charlottes first sounds great. Until you realize thats a HUGE bandaid fix that is very bc esque. Stephenson is an idiot and why would u want a mediocre 12th pick.

Dd for west and a first is a terrible trade.

Holiday would be a super lateral move. Doesnt make us better and it makes you have to trade lowry. No point

If your trading dd. You gotta eitjer blow it up or get someone who isnt a headcase and fits a definate need. No bandaid trades
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      Stephen and charlottes first sounds great. Until you realize thats a HUGE bandaid fix that is very bc esque. Stephenson is an idiot and why would u want a mediocre 12th pick.

Dd for west and a first is a terrible trade.

Holiday would be a super lateral move. Doesnt make us better and it makes you have to trade lowry. No point

If your trading dd. You gotta eitjer blow it up or get someone who isnt a headcase and fits a definate need. No bandaid trades
      Well for the record the Charlotte pick is #9, not 12 (pending lotto results). Stephenson is needed for cap salary matching purposes, but is a decent buy low option around the league. He has the potential to be a solid two-way contributor and is on a team friendly deal (1 yr with Team Option at $9.5M).

Vonleh is my preferred prize.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Well for the record the Charlotte pick is #9, not 12 (pending lotto results). Stephenson is needed for cap salary matching purposes, but is a decent buy low option around the league. He has the potential to be a solid two-way contributor and is on a team friendly deal (1 yr with Team Option at $9.5M).

Vonleh is my preferred prize.
        #9 isnt that much different than 12. Youd get a terrence ross type player instead of an ed davis type player. Nbd

But i wouldnt wanna trade for stephenson, sure hes a buy low option. But hes an idiot, he would probably clash with lowry or anyone else who also has a large mouth. Hes also a 1 year + team option at 9.5 while dd is 1 year + player option. Also not a huge difference.

Id rather play jj big minutes than stephenson. However if you can get vonleh, i would be cool with it

Comment

#9 isnt that much different than 12. Youd get a terrence ross type player instead of an ed davis type player. Nbd

But i wouldnt wanna trade for stephenson, sure hes a buy low option. But hes an idiot, he would probably clash with lowry or anyone else who also has a large mouth. Hes also a 1 year + team option at 9.5 while dd is 1 year + player option. Also not a huge difference.

Id rather play jj big minutes than stephenson. However if you can get vonleh, i would be cool with it
          #9 vs #12 can be a big difference.

2012 - Drummond vs Lamb
          2011 - Kemba Walker vs Alec Burks
          2010 - Gordon Haywood vs Xavier Henry

Team Option vs Player Option is also huge. Team Option allows the GM way more options than a player option, which is really just an uncertainty for the GM to deal with.

If we get Lance, moving Lowry and flipping Lance is still an option too. Let Lance try and recoup some value then more him or if he's a bust, you let him walk by not exercising Team Option.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

2012 - Drummond vs Lamb

Team Option vs Player Option is also huge. Team Option allows the GM way more options than a player option, which is really just an uncertainty for the GM to deal with.

If we get Lance, moving Lowry and flipping Lance is still an option too. Let Lance try and recoup some value then more him or if he's a bust, you let him walk by not exercising Team Option.
            Yeah, the 9th draft slot is pretty interesting. Quite a few all-stars & some superstars drafted 9th for some odd reason, e.g., Dirk, T-Mac, Amare, Marion, Noah, ....

http://www.mynbadraft.com/nba-draft-...overall/90509/

Compare that with the 8th slot, which is bust city.... Hoffa, Joe Alexander, Diop. Best player drafted 8th overall is Rudy Gay. lol.

http://www.mynbadraft.com/nba-draft-...overall/80509/
            Last edited by golden; Tue May 12, 2015, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I would trade Demar to philly for Nerlens Noel and there 1st and hopefully they throw
              in Glen Robinson

Comment

Big tasty wrote: View Post
                I would trade Demar to philly for Nerlens Noel and there 1st and hopefully they throw
                in Glen Robinson
                Demar won't get you Noel, and he definitely won't get you him and a #3 pick. Noel/Embiid is the future of the Sixers.

Comment

The Sixers aren't known for for good moves, I think its possible to get Nerlens out of them. It might work better to trade demar and swap first round picks this year.

Comment

Big tasty wrote: View Post
                    The Sixers aren't known for for good moves, I think its possible to get Nerlens out of them. It might work better to trade demar and swap first round picks this year.
                    There are no indications that Philly is prepared to start competing, so why would they trade for a player on an expiring deal?

Philly is all about assets, and Demar is a risk due to his contract, doesn't fit their competitive timeline due to his age, and frankly, not worth Noel and the 3rd pick (which is likely going to be a future star at PG).

Complete nonsense.

Comment

2012 - Drummond vs Lamb

#9 and 12 still isn't that different IMO. The draft is a crapshoot, just because someone good was picked at 9 before doesn't mean it'll happen again. You can't trust history when your going into the draft.

It's like saying I'd rather have the 3rd pick than the first pick because the first pick always has busts. No you always want the first pick no matter what
                      Last edited by yabadabayolo; Fri May 22, 2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

#9 and 12 still isn't that different IMO. The draft is a crapshoot, just because someone good was picked at 9 before doesn't mean it'll happen again. You can't trust history when your going into the draft.

It's like saying I'd rather have the 3rd pick than the first pick because the first pick always has busts. No you always want the first pick no matter what
                        Your first-third analogy doesn't make sense since you're the one who said there's no difference between 9th and 12th (even tho 9th is a significantly better player in every example given). Clearly you want the better pick and, given history, the difference between 9th and 12th can be fairly significant.

Comment

Your first-third analogy doesn't make sense since you're the one who said there's no difference between 9th and 12th (even tho 9th is a significantly better player in every example given). Clearly you want the better pick and, given history, the difference between 9th and 12th can be fairly significant.
                          No, i dont see as large drop offs between 9 and 12, as i do from 1 and 3. As 1 to 3 the difference between a derrick rose and an oj mayo...

Comment

No, i dont see as large drop offs between 9 and 12, as i do from 1 and 3. As 1 to 3 the difference between a derrick rose and an oj mayo...
                            Or a Bargnani to an Adam Morrison?

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...a-draft/page/6

Demar to the Magic for the 5th overall + salary cap filler? I like it.

Comment

I have said that for a while.

Demar for 5, fournier and frye.

Trade lowry to nyk for 4 and jose

Trade ross for taj

Trade gv and 20 for chandler and the higher pick of theirs and nyk next season.

Draft mudiaye, and mario or winslow.

Mudiay/jose(mentor)
                                Mario/fournier
                                Chandler/jj
                                Ppat/taj
                                Jv/frye.

Free angency filler
                                Pg/sg
                                Sf/pf
                                Center

Comment

Working...