No announcement yet.

Who would you rather face first round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only advantage I see playing Wizards is that if we could squeak through we would have legitimate shot against Hawks. Lou could go off on them and if their shooting goes cold they could be vulnerable against us.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Is it sad that I almost agree with Pierce? The Raptors are one of the least "clutch" teams in the league. For all our strengths in the 4th quarter last year, we're as soft as pillows in close games this year.

Having said that, the only 2 teams worse in the clutch are Utah and Washington.
      In fairness to Pierce, he said this about every team in the East, including Cleveland. And he's not wrong. ATL has no track record of playoff success, Chicago hasn't done anything in the post-season since Rose's MVP season, Toronto can't stop a 9th grade girls team, and the bottom tier teams are awful. Cleveland has Lebron but they don't have anyone else with any playoff experience or success.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
        The only advantage I see playing Wizards is that if we could squeak through we would have legitimate shot against Hawks. Lou could go off on them and if their shooting goes cold they could be vulnerable against us.
        You are assuming the Hawks are going to beat the Pacers. I wouldn't assume that.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          You are assuming the Hawks are going to beat the Pacers. I wouldn't assume that.
          You're right. Pacers could win BUT they will have expended so much energy to get into the playoffs I just don't see them having enough in the tank to outlast the Hawks.

Comment

You're right. Pacers could win BUT they will have expended so much energy to get into the playoffs I just don't see them having enough in the tank to outlast the Hawks.
            They have a very rested Paul George

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              They have a very rested Paul George
              Is that enough? Don't get me wrong I would love to play the Pacers in second round. I actually think we could win in 5 or 6 but I just don't think Hawks will be bounced in first round

Comment

To win we have to hope we can limit their made 3s. I see this series going 7 ---I think it could go either way.
                huh? washington are hardly any better at making 3's.

not only do we shoot way more 3's than they do, we also get them at a very similar clip anyway (.360 vs .352 for us)

Comment

What are the raps biggest problem?

Dribble penetration.
                  Big men who are offensively adept
                  Strong sfs.

What does washington have?

A pg whi can break down anyone.
                  Strong bigmeb who are offensive
                  PP

I honeslty would he surprised ifvraps kade it past game 6 vs. Washington.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    huh? washington are hardly any better at making 3's.

not only do we shoot way more 3's than they do, we also get them at a very similar clip anyway (.360 vs .352 for us)
                    One of the biggest complaints about the coaching in WSH is that they don't shoot enough threes.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

He trolled us last year too. Pierce really thinks we're a Mickey Mouse franchise
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        He trolled us last year too. Pierce really thinks we're a Mickey Mouse franchise
                        In all fairness (and I dislike Pierce's air of superiority) the Raptors will dispel such a notion only after we have built up a resume of doing damage in the playoffs. And what better way to start with the current crew beating Pierce and his team in rnd 1. I hope we play them. Until then ....

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

That's trash talk? Just terrible. Sounds more like the random mutterings of a complete lunatic (no offense to lunatics).

Comment

Comment

Is Gilbert still a Keep Gettin' 'em Cheques guy or finally off their payroll now?
                                Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Working...
                                X