JV is the most disappointing player of 2014/15 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mystery player is vucevic.

Keep in mind JV is a year younger at same point in career.

JV is scoring over 1 point more on nearly 3 less field goal attempts per 100 possessions.

Vucevic is a better rebounder but it is not by much statistically.

3 things that really stand out:
    1) ORtg 122 vs 106
    2) FTr .435 vs .197
    3) WS/48 .193 vs .116

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      The mystery player is vucevic.

Keep in mind JV is a year younger at same point in career.

JV is scoring over 1 point more on nearly 3 less field goal attempts per 100 possessions.

Vucevic is a better rebounder but it is not by much statistically.

3 things that really stand out:
      1) ORtg 122 vs 106
      2) FTr .435 vs .197
      3) WS/48 .193 vs .116
      do people think vucevic is better than valanciunas?

Vucevic is the king of empty stats at this point in his career.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post

Tobias Harris is the queen.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post

Its a decent comp. Vuc is better offensively imo. His midrange game is great, plus he is a good post up player. He is much better in the PnR too. Assuming casey is gone next year, they will be a lot more similar. I think Vuc is more atrocious on D, but neither one is good. Vuc is a great rebounder tho. If JV put more effort in consistently he would be much better on D and rebounding, but when he knows he isnt getting the ball on offense i cant really blame him.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            Its a decent comp. Vuc is better offensively imo. His midrange game is great, plus he is a good post up player. He is much better in the PnR too. Assuming casey is gone next year, they will be a lot more similar. I think Vuc is more atrocious on D, but neither one is good. Vuc is a great rebounder tho. If JV put more effort in consistently he would be much better on D and rebounding, but when he knows he isnt getting the ball on offense i cant really blame him.
            Vuc is really soft in the post. He gets rebound like Love by not defending and grabbing DRebs off misses

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Vuc is really soft in the post. He gets rebound like Love by not defending and grabbing DRebs off misses
              Oh yeah, he doesn't play defense, but i think he is slightly more useful than JV on offense because he can shoot the midrange shot really well.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Oh yeah, he doesn't play defense, but i think he is slightly more useful than JV on offense because he can shoot the midrange shot really well.
                JV might be able to hit midrange too but he isn't asked to. Depending on the coach Vuc might be more like LMA. Aldridge was soft too when Portland sucked

Comment

Hard to call him a disappointment unless you were expecting him to emerge as a franchise-type player this year. And even if you did, it's a pretty big leap to call him the most disappointing of the year. He's had a solid season.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                    Hard to call him a disappointment unless you were expecting him to emerge as a franchise-type player this year. And even if you did, it's a pretty big leap to call him the most disappointing of the year. He's had a solid season.
                    Players also on the list Lance and Parsons. Can't be a disappointment if nobody expects anything. Austin Daye was cut and isn't a disappointment. Daye landed on the Hawks by the way, don't know if the horseshoe in his ass is gold or not.

Comment

Only disappointment in JVs season is the decrease in minutes and FGA. Was hoping for increases but he has upped his efficiency. Dude is a stud.

Most disappointing player on the Raps for me is probably GV. He played way better last year and was clutch in the playoffs but looks like a pile of flaming garbage most games now. Terrible decisions and lack of ball movement by a former "pass first" PG.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I expect more from the Starters. I didn't watch the vid, but I will assume the entire list is full of Raps players if JV is indeed one of the most disappointing players this season. He's actually been one of the bright spots IMO. He has limitations of course, which are only magnified in the system we use. That goes for other players on the team too. tsk tsk...

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          I expect more from the Starters. I didn't watch the vid, but I will assume the entire list is full of Raps players if JV is indeed one of the most disappointing players this season. He's actually been one of the bright spots IMO. He has limitations of course, which are only magnified in the system we use. That goes for other players on the team too. tsk tsk...
                          I dunno, I basically completely disagree with everything that Lee says…maybe this was his idea
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            I dunno, I basically completely disagree with everything that Lee says…maybe this was his idea
                            Only the two guys in the middle are worth listening to anyways. The Aussie and the guy with the beard are awful. I don't know who Lee is...

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              Only the two guys in the middle are worth listening to anyways. The Aussie and the guy with the beard are awful. I don't know who Lee is...
                              Lee is the Aussie.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I'm pretty sure Leigh was the one who tapped JV for most disappointing… and yes, he's terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X